Seeking consistency

Re: ? gbp chf short ?

As I said, its contrary to my indicators, but if anyone is in this one, you may like to consider moving your stop to break-even?

Time to take (some) profit? c250 pips 50% retrace

Attachments

• gbp chf 30  jul.10  update.jpg
    gbp chf 30 jul.10 update.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 146
nzd usd long trigger

My daily and 4H indicators are long
price for this pair has retraced into the 50% to 61.8% level of its previous up wave
The last 4H candle printed was hammer like indicating rejection of lower prices
lets see if it rallies into the new month

Attachments

• nzd usd 30  jul.10  trigger.jpg
    nzd usd 30 jul.10 trigger.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 164
Re: aud cad long

lets see if the trade triggers, or if the pair retrace further into the last daily up swing wave

I have a 2 CAD positions open and in profit (slightly) at the moment (USD & AUD)
CAD news at 1:30 could swing against my trades so I have moved my stops to break-even, should this be the case I will be stopped out at no loss, if it turns out only to be a 'spike' then I will lose my potential gains too

Re: aud cad long

I have a 2 CAD positions open and in profit (slightly) at the moment (USD & AUD)
CAD news at 1:30 could swing against my trades so I have moved my stops to break-even, should this be the case I will be stopped out at no loss, if it turns out only to be a 'spike' then I will lose my potential gains too

So let it be written, so let it be done!
'if it turns out only to be a 'spike' then I will lose my potential gains too'

I entered late, after the two shooting star triggers, at the red vertical line
before the news I was in profit and 'protected it' by moving my stop to BE (the thick black horizontal SR line)
The news hit my stop, fine. Now price has returned to its pre-news level and looks to be ready to continue downward!

Attachments

• usd cad 30  jul.10  update.jpg
    usd cad 30 jul.10 update.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 169
Re: Gold - daily bull channel failed - what about the weekly one?

The weekly hammer didn't touch my target level, with a low of 1185, but I like the weekly hammer candle indicating a rejection of lower prices and hope to be able to add to my position if the change in direction (ie back to long for gold) holds up

Another trigger long on Gold, against my daily indicators but with the monthly, weekly 4H and H. I may be a week to late in noticing this though (entry is 1195 with a 40pips stop at 1155)
Here's my weekly chart

Attachments

• gold weekly july-aug trigger.jpg
    gold weekly july-aug trigger.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 157
usd cad trigger

My daily and hourly timeframe indicators are both short
The last 4H candle printed on my chart indicates a rejection of higher levels, so I am using it for a trigger short (target is to the bottom of my channel, around parity)
I'm short at 1.02 65 with a 55 pip risk stop just above my descending daily 20ema at 1.03 20

I noticed that Christian (@ Saxo) is a buyer today looking for a 1.20 10 entry to go up to 1.03 30, which if he is right will just stop me out!

Here's my 4H chart with trigger 'hammer' type candle highlighted. lets see what happens

Attachments

• usd cad 9 aug.10  trigger.jpg
    usd cad 9 aug.10 trigger.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 134
cad 10 aug - asian session trigger candles

I have trigger candles (hammers) at reasonable reversal levels from the previous up swing on both my gbp cad and eur cad charts this morning, to get me into the up trend my indicators show me, on both the daily and 4H timeframes

However I am not entering them because I already have a cad position open against the usd, which has failed to move in the predicted direction

Here's my 4Hour charts (usd posted yesterday)

Attachments

• eur cad 10 aug.10  trigger.jpg
    eur cad 10 aug.10 trigger.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 173
  • gbp cad 10 aug.10  trigger.jpg
    gbp cad 10 aug.10 trigger.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 154
Re: usd cad trigger

I noticed that Christian (@ Saxo) is a buyer today looking for a 1.20 10 entry to go up to 1.03 30, which if he is right will just stop me out!
Here's my 4H chart with trigger 'hammer' type candle highlighted. lets see what happens

Stop hit for -55 pips

3 triggers

3 of my charts printed 4H trigger candles at attractive levels, but I'm not taking any due to the imminent news release

It will be interesting to see if my 4H pull back strategy holds true for these, or if the news is going to push them back to their respective D20 ema levels (which I half expect for 'fundamental reasons') despite wanting to learn how to be a competent technical trader

Fortunately off out now so I will not be able to see the impact until the morning

Attachments

• chf jpy 10 aug.10  trigger.jpg
    chf jpy 10 aug.10 trigger.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 138
  • eur usd 10 aug.10  trigger.jpg
    eur usd 10 aug.10 trigger.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 139
  • gbp jpy 10 aug.10  trigger.jpg
    gbp jpy 10 aug.10 trigger.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 133
Re: 3 triggers

Fortunately off out now so I will not be able to see the impact until the morning

What a good thing I was out, as I would have been tempted into two of these on the initial reaction, however I would have regretted it this morning when they would all have been stopped out. The corrections are looking much more substantial, although it will take a lot more risk adverse (essentially I mean dollar strenghening) to change my bullish daily indicators. Many of my 4hourly ones have turned around, but that can mean "heres an early indication of a trend change" or, look out for a great level to get into the Daily trend, before the 4H indicators reverse back"

just waiting & watching

aud usd - support from Daily 20 exponential moving average

aud usd has retraced into my 50% 61.8% fib levels from its previous up move
my Daily indicators are long
I have a 1H hammer candle just printed, indicating a rejection of lower prices and that the daily 20ema is holding as support around this level

against this set up is the fact that my 4H ma's have crossed, indicating that I should be looking for short triggers!.

Here's the 1H trigger (which as I have it formatted appears to be right at the bottom!) and the 4H which gives a far better perspective of where price is compared to its history

Lets see if my 4H indicators are "right" or my Daily ones

Attachments

• aud usd 11 aug.10  trigger.jpg
    aud usd 11 aug.10 trigger.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 153
  • aud usd 11 aug.10 set up.jpg
    aud usd 11 aug.10 set up.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 133
gbp cad

Bit late posting this one, as I have been stopped out

The entry criteria was valid with long indicators on both time framse, retrace of 50 / 61.8% and trigger candele (4H)

Stop hit -90 pips

Attachments

• gbp cad 13 aug.10 set up.jpg
    gbp cad 13 aug.10 set up.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 179
aud cad

my Daily indicators are long , but 4H have turned short
I have a double bootom on my 4H timeframe (ie a 100% retrace) and support of the daily 20ema

I am taking the 4H trigger candle, if it can break the D20 sitting just above

Attachments

• aud cad 16 aug.10 set up.jpg
    aud cad 16 aug.10 set up.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 143
Re: aud cad

my Daily indicators are long , but 4H have turned short
I have a double bootom on my 4H timeframe (ie a 100% retrace) and support of the daily 20ema

I am taking the 4H trigger candle, if it can break the D20 sitting just above

Order opened with the Market movement around the US open .I have moved my stop to breakeven ahead of the Asian session

Re: Gold - daily bull channel failed - what about the weekly one?

Another trigger long on Gold, against my daily indicators but with the monthly, weekly 4H and H. I may be a week to late in noticing this though (entry is 1195 with a 40pips stop at 1155)
Here's my weekly chart

Stop moved to break even (1195)

Attachments

• gold weekly.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
aud usd - Daily long?

My 4H indictor is in conflict with the daily (D is still long)

I have hammer type candles on both my 4H and D timeframes, indicating rejection of lower prices @ around 61.8% of the previous up wave

Price is presently trading below a descending 20ema and arguably has pulled back into the 4H 20ema /50sma zone for a short position

I am taking the contrary position, looking to the daily to hold for a long position back up to the recent highs of 92 (possible 300 pips away for a 60 pip stop loss)

lets see if my order is opened and then if the 4H trend is dominate, or if that reverses to support the long trade with the daily indicators

My 4H trigger hammer (highlighted) and D set up hammer are attached

Attachments

• aud usd 16 aug.23 trigger.jpg
    aud usd 16 aug.23 trigger.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 154
  • aud usd 16 aug.23 set up.jpg
    aud usd 16 aug.23 set up.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 128
Re: aud usd - Daily long?

lets see if my order is opened and then if the 4H trend is dominate, or if that reverses to support the long trade with the daily indicators

Order opened & stpo hit for -60 pips