Schneider Trading Associates

Agreed, but why not take 1% of your applicants and spend enough time with them to find out if they can trade successfully, rather than take 30% of applicants and then kick some out after a couple of weeks when, let's face it, you don't know squat about a person.

Agreed, but why not take 1% of your applicants and spend enough time with them to find out if they can trade successfully, rather than take 30% of applicants and then kick some out after a couple of weeks when, let's face it, you don't know squat about a person.

Let me first state that i wasnt defending their selection process; i was simply stating a fact. but to argue the point, some people that at first look that they will become great traders, never fulfill what was expected from them. on the other hand, others that at first look like they dont stand a chance in hell, can make it, either through hard graft or because they have that fight in them.

besides, if you make it past the 4 week selection process they will give you at least 3 months in which to prove yourself. this does not mean becoming profitable, simply that the progression is positive. it is enough time for those that truly want it.

I suppose that's fair enough. I guess both ways have their merits, but you have to ask what sort of candidate STA are exposing themselves to by operating in this way; who in their right mind is going to leave any sort of job security in this climate to take up a role with Schneider where they could be gone in 2 weeks? I'm sure they have their reasons for this and by all account they've been very successful with it; I'm just saying it wouldn't be for me at all.

Hi ppl.
Very interesting thread. I have an interview with STA on 18th march.
will be interesting to see how it all goes. so what can prop traders in this place earn a year???

Hi ppl.
will be interesting to see how it all goes. so what can prop traders in this place earn a year???

after desk fees, splits, team leader draw's, round turn fees, system fees, CQG fees, ineternet fees, telephone fees, admin fees, and the all dreded schneidee tax and i have prob forgoten something...

if you made 10K a month after all that you could take home 1000 and after tax call it £700.........................

:LOL::LOL:

Hi ppl.

The Grads that come off the course can earn anything from £1000 per month to £5000 a day after a few months of trading once you've completed the course if your not totally ****, run all your stops and use 100% of your size in every trade... there pretty good there at helping you build your trading account up.

The Grads that come off the course can earn anything from £1000 per month to £5000 a day after a few months of trading once you've completed the course if your not totally ****, run all your stops and use 100% of your size in every trade... there pretty good there at helping you build your trading account up.

Hello there,

How do you know this?
What you are saying sounds interesting but have u actually done the course or anything similar??

Talk soon

thanks for the replies.
as u r self employed I am guessing its like any other business, and there is always a cost associated with a business.
am actually looking forward to it.
any advise??

In terms of Desk and facilities Fee's: As far as I can remember Here is the breakdown

If you start the training course on 6th April and successfully got through it you would go live on 4th May. All of mays fee's would be free as you've come to use the facilities part way through the month.

The Next 2 months you only pay like £400

The Next 4 months after than £1000

After this, full Desk and facilities fee's which aprox £1500 for basic, 2 screens and Stellar Basic, CQG(1 Screen as they used to split CQG's between 4 people therefore reducing the cost of cqg with 4 screens from £400 to £100 per person) This may seem alot, but if your not earning your desk fee's in 1 - 3 days MAXIMUM then maybe you need to rethink trading.

Other Info.... when you want to take money out of your trading account, i.e to live on STA take 30% and you take 70%

Hope this helps

UT

Hello there,

How do you know this?
What you are saying sounds interesting but have u actually done the course or anything similar??

Talk soon

the bottom line is that it depends on ability. lets face it, most people will not make a cent. but that has nothing to do with how the company is operated more how they have this idea that they want to be a trader, but in fact have zero natural ability. if you have skill, and you are making money, they will grow you according to your account size. but even on the smallest size you can look to make 500 pounds a day.

the bottom line is that it depends on ability. lets face it, most people will not make a cent. but that has nothing to do with how the company is operated more how they have this idea that they want to be a trader, but in fact have zero natural ability. if you have skill, and you are making money, they will grow you according to your account size. but even on the smallest size you can look to make 500 pounds a day.

Rubbish

Which part?

The aspect to do with ability and the way the company is run. Schneider hinders the growth of traders severely. Yes maybe they provide an opportunity you can't get elsehwere but is it really an opportunity?

Surely once they do start to hinder you, just leave to another company. For the average grad though, for them to become big enough for STA to hinder them with VAR limits, splits, whatever it may be, it's going to take a long time.

Surely once they do start to hinder you, just leave to another company. For the average grad though, for them to become big enough for STA to hinder them with VAR limits, splits, whatever it may be, it's going to take a long time.

Well the funny thing is they hinder you from the start. The size they allow people to trade is pitiful and they talk about the J-curve a lot to justify and just get people to do loads of RT's. It's only once you get good and are profitable that it's easier - but most of the guys out on the floor barely break-even and are long gone before they ever reach a profitable stage. Of course there is the minority that are the exceptions to this rule and stay on the schneider floor. The real question is: do you feel "that" lucky? If so, why go to schneider if you're really that good?

OK I think that I am just going to have to go with the schneider option as no one else has even accepted me for the interview process. U have to realise they are taking a risk with u as a trader, calculated, but its still a risk. think of it as a business, do u expect to make money straight away?? its typically break-even and then once experienced and the knowledge has been gained it is then that you can go ahead and look to make bigger profits. OR just move on.

hey
I had an interview with schneider last week for a place on the training course starting late march. The interview went quite well and the guy who spoke to me was very straight forward and meant business. I really liked the whole office setup they have got over there. Very professional. Anyways, just wondering how long do they usually take before letting you know whether you been accepted on the course or not ?
Any one also know anything about the course? I know that they take 20 people and usually 5 of em stay at the end of the month. How is the selection process? based on trading or have they got exams?
I really hope I can get it, It seems like a decent place to start off my career.

any information is much appreciated.
Cheers