Schneider Trading Associates (STA)

are you saying this is a legit firm? if so then I owe them an apology

Maybe you're thinking of TCA?

Legit in what respect? They take you on to a training programme for free, if successful give you money and a desk to trade from? If so - then yes. Either way, if it's not something you're 100% on it's silly just saying stuff and then taking it back a post later.

I don't understand what it is that they actually do! Are you trading with their money? If not, what advantage do you get from trading with them??

enviroment, training, backing, support, ransquawk, bloomberg etc etc etc etc.

i'm pretty sure you can trade your own money or theirs.

Do you think it is a good opportunity though?
I am a recent graduate and therefore have no money of my own.
Do you think it is a safer bet to get a trading position in a bulge bracket IB?
I'm a bit hesitant about what Schneider actually provide...

Hi all,

I've been trying to gather as much information on Schneider as possible as I am a recent grad and looking to get into trading. The only question I would like to ask for now is:

If you make it through their grad program, do they provide you with their own money to trade or do you have to put up your own cash? (besides the desk fee)

I know someone asked this question just a few posts ago and someone answered it, but other replies to this question have contradictory.

If there is anyone from/with Schneider on this board as well, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks

hey
If you make it through their grad program they will either back you ( you dont have to put any money) or they will ask you to put some money down if you want to trade with them.
From every course they take 2 to 3 people and fund them and rest usually put some money down if they are any good and STA offers them to stay.

hope it helps
send me a msg if you need any more help.
Cyrus

The group interview consists of - come on man, its a group interview; They will be 2 guys talking most of the time, and then they ask you, one-by-one to stand up and move to the front of the room to introduce yourself, talk about yourself, why you wanna do trading, and why with STA, etc; blah, blah; And then then you do the hand co-ordination text on the pc, mainly to text your reflex skills; and lastly, you do a simple maths tests; I SAID SIMPLE, you don't need to study first year Calc to prepare for the text, am talking about simply math, like adding, subtracting decimal values;

I think thats it, If i have left out anything, just as well, I dont want to spoil it for you; Go there and have fun, Just make sure not to sign any paper whilst you're there;

Is this actually what they do? They ask you to stand in front of the room introduce yourself etc?

This seems like an unusual process for a trading position? (well I have little to compare this to bar one other prop house which was basically just a simple series of tests then an explanation of what the co does)

If this could be elaborated/confirmed, it would be very much appreciated

Rgds

Tonster

Yes they ask you to introduce yourself to the room - why is it an unusual process? Trading requires confidence and composure, as well as effective communication with trainers and other traders especially if you go on to work in a team of which there are plenty at schneider.

Well I would think the answer is in my quote below if you take time to re-read...I said I only have one other firm to compare to and therefore was merely looking for confirmation of this process and hence my comparison for it being unusual (relative to my comparison!)

This seems like an unusual process for a trading position? (well I have little to compare this to bar one other prop house which was basically just a simple series of tests then an explanation of what the co does)

If this could be elaborated/confirmed, it would be very much appreciated.

tonster, I'm running our new grad intake for lulz, and I would never be enough of a faggot to do such a pointless thing. So it is unusual...

i lold...

Btw doesnt a group interview scare any1 else...
As far as i know u dont have to talk to groups all day while trading...
It seems like they either 1... Hvent got the time or 2... Are prepping the people for a payment by getting them all excited and special feeling.

Either way i wish it was just a normal interview

iIt seems like they either 1... Hvent got the time or 2... Are prepping the people for a payment by getting them all excited and special feeling.

Either way i wish it was just a normal interview

They don't really care about finding out about why you chose your university/why you chose your degree/what your favourite childhood toy was. It's churn & burn stuff and they're recruiting 30 people every month or so and seeing hundreds of people/month so they can't give each of them a 30 min interview.

Hi guys,

I have got an excellent offer for those starting the Schneider Graduate Training Programme. I am selling the two books required for the programme :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Perform...6936753&sr=8-1

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trading-STIR.../dp/1897597819

at the exceptional price of £25 (almost half-price for the two - compared to the amazon price)!!! The books are almost NEW, I mean NEW!!! Also, the buyer will get for FREE, a third best-selling trading book: The New Market Wizards!!

Send me a message NOW!!!!

Cheers,

Sinister