Schneider Trading Associates: Graduate Training Program

I mean, how many weeks have you been there? Have you survived any of the eliminations?

Ah yes sorry...forgive me it is Sunday,

Yes this is week 3 now and I have survived eliminations to date,

I think regardless of if that happened or not, I think the experience is invaluable and would def recommend anyone with a genuine interest in it to go for it

Cheers

NTB

I mean, how many weeks have you been there? Have you survived any of the eliminations?

So you survived one elimination so far? Have you got steve/matt/abe?

Not sure about what experience you mean though - they don't generally show much in the first 2 weeks and all I found you experience is being a parrot memorising things.

Good luck with it anyway.

Yea I have Steve Matt Dave and Abe,

The experience of being trained on the sim, meeting likeminded people, getting into a proper trading routine, keeping my trading diary..thats what | have found invaluable and believe almost anybody can benefit from that!

Thanks for that! I will keep you posted as to how the next few weeks go!

Cheers

NTB

Hi guys , i was considering applying to Schneiders as a grad. I was just wondering what type of candidates they look for. Also wanted to know what type of educational background you guys that made it through have?

thanks

dk

Hiya

I would practice your maths. be able to do 50 questions or as many as you can in 5 minutes flat, do 25 basic (eg 2x 25-33, and decimals 24.17-36.98)

Get these right and know why you want to be a trader, have a bit of personality and be yourself as you talk for a minute in front of everyone,

Also there is a game that you should practice, members.inet.au or something like that...look through here in detail it is there somewhere,

Best of luck!

NTB

Probably a stupid question...
I have the group interview coming up, Is it a suit and tie situation or something more casual? I don't want to look like the kid at school who forgets it's non uniform day ;)

Thanks

Probably a stupid question...
I have the group interview coming up, Is it a suit and tie situation or something more casual? I don't want to look like the kid at school who forgets it's non uniform day ;)

Thanks

Suit/tie - it's a job interview. There was one or two in jeans and some in smart trousers/jumper, but just go in suit.

Did you make it through to final week?

I am happy to report that ...yes I did make it to week 4! :clap:

For those of you I seeked help and advice before attending interviews//assessments..thanks for everything to date

I will not forget you when I start making it!:LOL:

NTB

I have the interview next week on Nov 11th. If I am accepted, when will the course date begin? and Nakedtraderboy, are you going to take up the full-time position ... what kind of salary will you make in the 1st month? Cheers.

It's unpaid you know? It's a prop firm.

You'll learn about the J-curve at STA too :p

I meant how much he will earn-ie how much profit does he expectto make?

I had 2 appointments at Schneiders for an interview
The 1st one I couldnt attend cos I was trading for another prop shop
The 2nd I was late. I thought I have an interview at 6pm and in spite of I ve checked as I thought 3 or 4 times the exact time of the appointment the appointment was at 6.30. That is all the ll give you. I take it as It wasnt meant to be for me. They ve called me and told me they cannot offer me another appontment.

So advice: dont be late.

About the profit... are you stunt son? Be sure that before you ll get any rich they ll get rich before you. that the system, and allow no less than 6 months. I am telling you from an experience in this area of work.

I meant how much he will earn-ie how much profit does he expectto make?

Anything from -ve numbers to a profit. They'll probably only be given a 1 lot - a few lots (depending on market) to play with so it's unlikely he's going to make £20k in first month.

I had 2 appointments at Schneiders for an interview
The 1st one I couldnt attend cos I was trading for another prop shop
The 2nd I was late. I thought I have an interview at 6pm and in spite of I ve checked as I thought 3 or 4 times the exact time of the appointment the appointment was at 6.30. That is all the ll give you. I take it as It wasnt meant to be for me. They ve called me and told me they cannot offer me another appontment.

So advice: dont be late.

About the profit... are you stunt son? Be sure that before you ll get any rich they ll get rich before you. that the system, and allow no less than 6 months. I am telling you from an experience in this area of work.

I dont want to get rich quick. I am wondering though if I do make a profit will I walk away with £1k at the end of my 1st month. Is this realistic if I'm good? Cheers for your advice.

nb. When I win £90m tonight in the Euromillions, I will trade with my own capital.

4. Prop trading is NOT a natural stepping stone into a bank.
Although I know of one person who has managed it... most banks will NOT touch you once you've been in a prop trading house (rightly or wrongly). I just met up with someone at the Trader Monthly event in Harrods tonight. He was with me in the Schneider's Trader Training Course and has been told by recruitment consultants that they weren't interested once he revealed he attended a prop house training scheme.

I have an interview with Schneider next week, and am looking forward to a potentially exciting opportunity. However, forgive my ignorance, but with reference to the above, why do you claim that banks are so anti-hiring ex prop shop traders? I understand that if you apply to a bank from a prop shop it can indicate lack of trading success, which will naturally be unattractive.

Thanks