Schneider Trading Associates: Graduate Training Program

I totally agree... but the same is true for the vast majority of 'so called' graduate jobs.Who is 'they'? The main reason why most people want to become traders is to become rich... and what's wrong with that?The money in hedge funds and investment banking will only come after a decade or two of work. A CEO of a Dow Component company gets paid hundreds of millions of dollars a year. That is more than most traders will earn in their lifetime. However, do you really want to wait until you're 50 or 60 years old to get there?

a CEO of a top fortune 500 company would prob get a basic, and the rest in stock options with VERY strict cash out clauses -
Look at Steve Jobs - worth like 2bn and pays himself a token salary
Damon Buffini - CEO of Permira - (grew up on a Leicester council housing estate) - picked up at least 30m last year... !!

No CEO is "paid hundreds of millions " - !!

a CEO of a top fortune 500 company would prob get a basic, and the rest in stock options with VERY strict cash out clauses -
Look at Steve Jobs - worth like 2bn and pays himself a token salary
Damon Buffini - CEO of Permira - (grew up on a Leicester council housing estate) - picked up at least 30m last year... !!

No CEO is "paid hundreds of millions " - !!
Take a look at Unisys. Joseph McGrath, who also holds the title of president, was given a salary of $941,667, incentive rewards of $810,000 and $104,302 in other compensation that includes country club dues, use of the corporate plane and car allowance. He was also given a package of stock and option awards valued by the Blue Bell-based technology services company at $1.33 million on the date it was granted.

[Sorry - I see the problem it should say "hundreds of thousands"... not "millions" my bad!]

I totally agree... but the same is true for the vast majority of 'so called' graduate jobs.Who is 'they'? The main reason why most people want to become traders is to become rich... and what's wrong with that?The money in hedge funds and investment banking will only come after a decade or two of work. A CEO of a Dow Component company gets paid hundreds of millions of dollars a year. That is more than most traders will earn in their lifetime. However, do you really want to wait until you're 50 or 60 years old to get there?

Warren Buffet started Berkshire Hathaway with some of his " family members " and he STILL lives in Omaha -

No swanky Wall St offices for him i see - :p

Take a look at Unisys. Joseph McGrath, who also holds the title of president, was given a salary of $941,667, incentive rewards of $810,000 and $104,302 in other compensation that includes country club dues, use of the corporate plane and car allowance. He was also given a package of stock and option awards valued by the Blue Bell-based technology services company at $1.33 million on the date it was granted.

[Sorry - I see the problem it should say "hundreds of thousands"... not "millions" my bad!]

Like that Partner from Goldmine Sachs a while back - his sec nicked like 1.7m outta his account - went on a MAD shopping spree - Aston Martin/flash pad etc etc,

and he didnt " EVEN NOTICE for like 6 MONTHS " .... !! :-0:p

There is a group in Schneiders called 'EDL' which seems to trade outright... however they trade in the darkness of a sideroom so I have no idea if they are looking for fresh blood.

EDL isn't looking for anyone at the moment... I'm not even sure what their future is within the Schneider group - I think ownership of EDL is now entirely with Schneider.

Question?

Hi richie, I have been offered a position to start the training course at STA (the 1 month training), I was wondering what did they teach you that month or if there is something that they will focus during the training. Any advice you could give me is more than welcome.

Hi richie, I have been offered a position to start the training course at STA (the 1 month training), I was wondering what did they teach you that month or if there is something that they will focus during the training. Any advice you could give me is more than welcome.
Congratulations, they seem to be very selective about who they take (hell knows how I made it!) I don't know what they are focusing on at the moment so I would assume that you will be taught how to trade STIRs. If you want an insight take a look at this book Harriman House : Trading STIR Futures - An Introduction to Short-Term Interest Rate Futures by Stephen Aikin. That should give you some pointers into the sort of thing they typically be showing. Your trading will be focused on scalping techniques using vanilla spread strategies (i.e. calendar spreads or intermarket spreads). Just relax and enjoy it... it's an interesting few weeks.

There have been a number of people on this forum who have written to me about the Schneiders training program but they never seem to contact me by mid-month. I can only assume that they have all been cut from the course so let me know how you get on!

I have an interview with Schneider shortly, what is it going to be like? I heard it shouldn't be a big deal ...but, for peace of mind...

1 Do they ask technical trading questions? (Hard ones??)
2 What is the mathematical test about?
3 Do they ask about their own company?
4 Is it a group interview?
5 What's the 'passing rate', roughly?

6 Any advice about what to prepare, having some time? (Personality Q, derivatives, fast mathematics…)

It's my first job interview and I'm a little agitate, to know what to aspect it would be a great help : )
If anyone has time to answer ...THANKS A LOT!

The interview will be a lot simpler than you think. Usually it is a group interview which means you will all introduce yourselves and give a brief on your background. This will then be followed by a simple arithmetic maths test and a computer based hand eye coordination test. Just say you want to make millions and you should find yourself a place on the training programme. In terms of preparation there isn't much to do apart from the maths side of things.

The interview will be a lot simpler than you think. Usually it is a group interview which means you will all introduce yourselves and give a brief on your background. This will then be followed by a simple arithmetic maths test and a computer based hand eye coordination test. Just say you want to make millions and you should find yourself a place on the training programme. In terms of preparation there isn't much to do apart from the maths side of things.
I belieDve that I was at the same assessment interview as Intercreate (correct me if I'm wrong). I agree with the above. Don't worry too much about it. I think that they are mainly trying to weed out the people who might p*ss off the other traders. :sneaky:

are you qwith schnieder?

hi mate,

I'm a prop trader from Sydney Australia. I'm planning to move to UK 1st may. If you are with schnieder can you please send me the contact details of the person incharge of the grad programme? I'm quite keen to do one month grad programme as i have not traded Eurex products before. I mainly trade SGX(singapore)

hi mate,

I'm a prop trader from Sydney Australia. I'm planning to move to UK 1st may. If you are with schnieder can you please send me the contact details of the person incharge of the grad programme? I'm quite keen to do one month grad programme as i have not traded Eurex products before. I mainly trade SGX(singapore)

Best way is to get their details from their website and contact them from there Schneider Group

I'm quite keen to do one month grad programme as i have not traded Eurex products before. I mainly trade SGX(singapore)
If you have trading experience I expect that they will want to speak to you separately. Contact them directly via the website and speak to someone.

Hello,

Im looking to apply for a prop trader company, and found that Schneider and TCA markets are located in the same building and on the same floor. Are these two companies seperate or together or linked somehow.

Does anyone have any additional info on TCA's application, testing, conditions procedures.

Regards

Any one else at this today?

I flew to London for it and have to say, I like the feel of Schneider despite the obvious lack of security of being hired initially,

For those of you wanting to know the format of the day,

Be there half 7 in morn

Then a quick maths test, easy , no need to study and you will never finish it, 50 qs in 5 mins, lucky if you get 20/30 max

Then a reflex test, simply a compute game available online to practice I believe,

Then a brief intro of who you are etc (stand up speaking to the room for as little/long as you wish)

Nice relaxed feel to it and remember everyone is in the same boat so enjoy it and smile be yourself,

The guys running the show there especially David Rae seemed sound fellas, the other 2 seem cool too just cant remember their names off hand,

Hope this helps somebody outthere anyway!

I know the frustration of searching through endless colums on forum and reading through jokes/sarcy comments at times when you just want an answer..so there you go!! If you dont use it, then more fool you!

NTB

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Just to let you all know, I got offered a place with Schneider this morning :)

Happy out

Thank you all for your help throughout the process

I will gladly help any one who would like the same

Cheers

NTB

I just wanted to let you all know about this course from FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE

I am currently in the Oct intake with STA

I can honestly say that Schneider is excellent,

Without sounding like an advert for them, the trainers are extremely informative and great to get on with which makes it better,

If you are thinking on doing this, I advise not to read too much into other peoples lack of experience and hearsay, if trading is what you REALLY want to do..then make all the necessary sacrifices and go do it,

All the people in the training are decent people so you will really enjoy it, maybe i just got lucky!

Also all the experienced people in there have told me they love the place even after years working there...ticks my box
Hope this helps some aspiring traders!

NTB