Rep system

Fact is ... The reputation just looks crap... Why change something for the worse?

Congratulation noobs.

Here is something interesting I just saw about when the number of readers/posters goes up - it's more about blogging, but the adaptation to forums is obvious:

economics-of-comments.jpg

Just my two cents worth:

1) How about some negative reps - if you think a post is really bad. Sure, could be open to abuse but as people think the rep system is more for fun, I can't see why it would matter that much.
2) Increase the exponent of the rep system more so it becomes practically impossible to reach the highest level - a la Final Fantasy / World of Warcraft levelling up games.
3) Power of rep points should reach a maximum amount, rather than be infinite (or close to) as it is at the moment.

is like saying: if the man with a nice car and bag full of money tells you to jump out of the window, will you do it?
I do see pople here with stars and bars and they fighting among each other for more stars and bars, and eventually when they stop firing at each other, they ll start bullying newbies and all. This board has about 150, 000 members. Look how many of them actually post. Then do the numbers, check what is good for you... cos as far as I am concerned even the best can be replaced...