Rep system

I dont care about reps mate. Stars dont make for profitable trades. I just want to be repped for posting a good trading post.

Couldn't agree more. Seriously what's happened to you? You never gave a answer worth reading and now i have seen at least 4 post that are good ;-)

Couldn't agree more. Seriously what's happened to you? You never gave a answer worth reading and now i have seen at least 4 post that are good ;-)
Let me know when he gets to 100 and I'll take him off for a probationary period....

Actually, that would work a lot better than a rep system...an ignore system.

For everyone that ignores you you get points that go toward how many turds you get next to your name. A far better indicator of worth.

I think people will care less about having a turd next to their name than they cared about stars.
Maybe T2W just wanted a bit of controversy/renewed interest/more inter-clique conversation with all this revamp of the ratings system. Isnt that Sue person some sort of marketing whizz? Maybe they think people will start using T2W more to get their stars back. This, in theory should result in funnier posts or posts of better quality in regards to trading. This would be far removed from the chaos we've recently been saying and I'm not solely to blame for it. :whistle:

seriously, who gives a phuque?.. what are you guys selling that makes it so important? it all seems a bit childish

becasue Halo trader isn't posting so much crap so everyone needs to vent that pent up anger/talk balls about something else!

Actually, that would work a lot better than a rep system...an ignore system.

For everyone that ignores you you get points that go toward how many turds you get next to your name. A far better indicator of worth.

That's not a bad idea.
Or maybe each member gets a ration of 52 turds per year of membership and can allocate anything between one and his maximum number of turd ammunition to any other member he sees fit.
Noobies then know who to ignore and is full of sh*t since only long standing (one year plus) members can use this special facility to mark the morons.

FFS this is becoming the forum equivelent of which came first the chicken or the egg.

Sharky should decide once and for all what he wants the bleedin rep system to achieve, and then impliment and monitor it to ensure its doing what he wants it to do.

Did he want it to add an asthetic splash of color to each page, or did he want a serious metric to assess the quality of a members post, or did he want to encourage additional member interaction, or create a poplarity contest, or a mechanism by whch the herd can put the boot into victims.

Unless we know what he wants to achieve, any suggestions could potentially contradict his true adgenda. If people knew what he was trying to achieve, they'd possibly be able to provide some sensible suggestions

FFS this is becoming the forum equivelent of which came first the chicken or the egg.

Sharky should decide once and for all what he wants the bleedin rep system to achieve, and then impliment and monitor it to ensure its doing what he wants it to do.

Did he want it to add an asthetic splash of color to each page, or did he want a serious metric to assess the quality of a members post, or did he want to encourage additional member interaction, or create a poplarity contest, or a mechanism by whch the herd can put the boot into victims.

Unless we know what he wants to achieve, any suggestions could potentially contradict his true adgenda. If people knew what he was trying to achieve, they'd possibly be able to provide some sensible suggestions
Maybe it just seemed like a good idea at the time i.e. pre aaronmalins

Last edited:
Maybe it just seemed like a good idea at the time i.e. pre aaronmalins

Even if it seamed like a good idea, there must have been a reason why it was percieved as a good idea, rather than being percieved as a bad idea !

Maybe it was something as dumb as wanting to add a splash of color to a page, in which case, there are more appropriate solutions.

You cant answer a question, before knowing what the question is. Some people need to have ego's stroked, and the rep system does that, but Sharky could equally well stroke their egos by giving em a badge of honour, or nominating them as poster of the month etc.

Unless we know just why he wanted the ridiculous thing in the first place, none of us are qualified to express an opinion.

The only practical advice I can give is this, if he's no idea why he wants it, or what purpose it serves, then make a final decision based on throwing a dice or tossing a coin, and at least give the impression that there's some form of decisive leadership. There's aledgedly 180,000 members here, of which about 6 actually have any strong thoughts on the subject. Whatever decison is taken, someones going to moan about it