Rep; Yes or No

Does the rep system need reforming?

• Total voters
One of the biggest problems with any method of rep or whatever in determining who can trade and who can not, is frankly most people on this site don't have a ****ing clue and couldn't possibly tell who could trade and who couldn't from their posts. Inevitably any rating based upon 'live calls' would be slanted to trades that could be exploited by a retail trader on a 50ppp spread betting account, and almost certainly said trades would have massive hidden dangers no one was aware of.

And I mean that in a nice way.

Actually, I don't. I hold a lot of people in contempt :)

One of the biggest problems with any method of rep or whatever in determining who can trade and who can not, is frankly most people on this site don't have a ****ing clue and couldn't possibly tell who could trade and who couldn't from their posts. Inevitably any rating based upon 'live calls' would be slanted to trades that could be exploited by a retail trader on a 50ppp spread betting account, and almost certainly said trades would have massive hidden dangers no one was aware of.

And I mean that in a nice way.

Actually, I don't. I hold a lot of people in contempt :)

Doesn't the Trade2Win Advisor thing give newbies a clue? Perhaps that could be expanded on. Maybe people who actually have a clue could be the only ones that can vouch for posters, more work for them but more useful.

I'm a little embarrassed at the points I got to be honest.

nah, advisor just means you have a pretty green badge and accesss to a secret forum where we insult people behind their backs like snivelling cowards - now to do with trading :D

When I first came on here I thought the people with a star were the ones to listen to and I basically listened to everything everyone rich said for about a week.

Dont think it really matters... if you stick around you get to know who is who and who talks balls

The description of people as veterans, legendary etc purely on quantity is misleading to newbies, but if they can't figure out who is talking through the tops of the heads or bulls******g then they will get eaten alive trading anyway.
I'd get rid of the whole system of green blobs, senior, gold stars etc - it's like a kindergarten.
Come to think of it, that's exactly the way a lot of people behave on t2w. Noisy spoilt brats.

The sad thing is, this isn't the problem. The cancer that has been killing t2w has been flourishing since pre Socrates banning.

I should think you are as aware as I Richard?

Its not one singular thing but for perspective, traders laboratory might not be to everyone's tastes but they don't have threads for Spanish **** ups, they talk shop.... Who are their most active members? The owner and mods!

nah, advisor just means you have a pretty green badge and accesss to a secret forum where we insult people behind their backs like snivelling cowards - now to do with trading :D

Well, early on it looks like the vast majority either don't care or want to be rid of it - perhaps you could make use of your roles and effect some changes?

I should think you are as aware as I Richard?

Its not one singular thing but for perspective, traders laboratory might not be to everyone's tastes but they don't have threads for Spanish **** ups, they talk shop.... Who are their most active members? The owner and mods!

:clap:

Well, early on it looks like the vast majority either don't care or want to be rid of it - perhaps you could make use of your roles and effect some changes?

Advisors were initially setup to discuss changes and improve the site, when after 2 months nothing changed (ie quality over quantity and advertising revenue), a large number left (Again) and now this site is here fo the lulz only.... It will take a hell of a lot more than removing the rep system and Arabian being sensible to turn it around.

If the site is targeted towards real traders then it will fail as there won't be any useful advertising revenue.

If, on the other hand, it is targeted towards 'punters' then it works quite well because real traders can use it to 'meet' each other and discuss real things off sit, while punters can entertain each other with maccy d's and fibbostarchies, or whatever.

I think you will see that whenever someone asks a sensible question about a real topic someone will appear out of the woodwork to answer it pretty quickly. That's a good thing.

Also it's a remarkably liberal forum, where else could you post that chicken picture and not get banned this side of a 4chan?

Better not argue. Seven Gold Stars, Legendary Memeber AND a t2w Advisor - and does nothing but bitch...

Sensitive aren't you! I'm not bitching Tony, I care not as the site provides me with amusement but just pointing out in relation to the OPs point, reps are not the only issues at foot. Like Richard and I, you have been here long enough to remember when the quality/crap ration was a whole lot better.

See you have some love from Don there too now Tony. As it goes, I have been advocating removal of the rep system for quite some time and asked for my advisor status to be removed I don't know how many times.

Also it's a remarkably liberal forum, where else could you post that chicken picture and not get banned this side of a 4chan?

All I can say to that is the poster of the heinous pictures of a chicken in severe distress! was very lucky as I was banning another at the time, although I'm catching up with last nights goings on in due course and he is on the list :(

No further chichen threads for lulz ffs!