Rep system

I could only see the other poster's comments as foredog has quoted it, but that is exactly what removal of rep has done.

Taken away all the artificial veneer - to reveal what really lies beneath.

Once again, reload. Aim at other foot....

Have posted in the feedback thread about this; to be honest the rep system isn't useful in any way, but it made this site unique - an average product with a unique feature is far better than one without. Trade2Win is dying, and this will not help matters one teeny tiny bit.

It would have been the cool thing to do to say 'yeah, repping sucks, let's all just live and die by the strength of our own chat', but in truth the rep system keeps people coming back, which is kind of essential for any business. I couldn't give a crap personally what happens, but people seem to have this impression that T2W is a place where traders come to talk about trading when in fact it's a place where traders come to abuse other traders when their markets are quiet, and non-traders come to ask how they can make 16,000% returns without having to do any actual work.

IMO you get what you want out of T2W. You want serious talk with traders then you do it. You want to kid around a bit while you're watching your trades you can. You want to learn there's plenty of threads for that. You want to come on here to moan then there's plenty of opportunity if you go looking.

If they want to get rid of the rep system and still give newbies an idea of who is worth listening to then the mods should award titles to active users with a proven track record. If any even bother to volunteer.

Last edited:
It would have been the cool thing to do to say 'yeah, repping sucks, let's all just live and die by the strength of our own chat', but in truth the rep system keeps people coming back, which is kind of essential for any business.
I think you've absolutely hit the nail on the head with that. Which is why it was a brave move of Sharky to implement his decision. It benefits the members with a move toward potentially higher quality lower 'noise' content and perhaps, only perhaps, reduces the number of newbies that will hang around just to get coloured blobs on their names.

I couldn't give a crap personally what happens, but people seem to have this impression that T2W is a place where traders come to talk about trading when in fact it's a place where traders come to abuse other traders when their markets are quiet, and non-traders come to ask how they can make 16,000% returns without having to do any actual work.
Well, it's a bit of both really, isn't it.

Perhaps I'm being overly harsh, and for sure I couldn't do any better... I appreciate that the mods are trying to improve the place, but my personal opinion is that they're flogging a dead horse with regard to getting a community of traders together sharing ideas - Traders are, after all, a fairly solitary bunch by nature, and in an ideal world the other traders in your market would be as moronic and ill-informed as possible. There are some genuine philanthropists among us, as well as some genuine talent; I just think that getting much more than CQG codes out of the majority of traders is going to be a struggle.

Last edited:
You're right, it is a bit of both. I have learned a fair amount from people on here, you have to remember that I have something of a penchant for being a melodramatic ponce

Well, it's a bit of both really, isn't it.

I agree and like anything else you get what you want out of it.
If you are only here for lulz you can find them or make them.
I found some great resources here and met people who have helped me enormously with my trading. It might be "cool" to slag it but I really did learn a lot here.

Posting so I can see my green bars

Edit: well it really is a waste of time now if everyone is the same.

I think you should go back to the old system - but your rep power should remain constant no matter how many rep points you have. Otherwise you were getting newbie come on - get rep'd once by dante and they were nearly at diamond status.

Why don't you set us all back to zero if the rep points are now too high?

I agree and like anything else you get what you want out of it.
If you are only here for lulz you can find them or make them.
I found some great resources here and met people who have helped me enormously with my trading. It might be "cool" to slag it but I really did learn a lot here.

Completely agree about learning stuff here. Although a lot of my 'bookmarked' threads seem to be from earlier days there is still a large amount of great information to be found posted today....

Or completely disable rep power for those 5+ star merchants and make them reply to posts if they are genuinely interesting. Would stop people getting repped for jokes.

Or completely disable rep power for those 5+ star merchants and make them reply to posts if they are genuinely interesting. Would stop people getting repped for jokes.

excellent point.
if you look at the number of reps for the Joke thread, or any Foyer topics, particularly political topics, ie, non-trading related, you can see there is no distinction between a rep for a funny one-liner and a rep for a key trading topic.

EDIT: actually disable reps for Foyer type topics.
Then, moderators (or a Community Manager) can determine a thread as being trading-related or not, and enable reps only for core trading threads.

Posting so I can see my green bars

Edit: well it really is a waste of time now if everyone is the same.

I think you should go back to the old system - but your rep power should remain constant no matter how many rep points you have. Otherwise you were getting newbie come on - get rep'd once by dante and they were nearly at diamond status.

Why don't you set us all back to zero if the rep points are now too high?

I think this is a really good point.

Set everyone back to zero but make sure that you can't rep more if you have more. The power should be constant. That makes things pretty fair.

There are some genuine philanthropists among us, as well as some genuine talent; I just think that getting much more than CQG codes out of the majority of traders is going to be a struggle.

That's because you are surrounded by, for the most part, moronic turds who have no wisdom to impart.