Pro or Amateur?

P or A?

• Pro

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Amateur

Votes: 32 69.6%

• Total voters
Got it the wrong way round mate, it's far more fun getting plastred.

I disagree with Mr. Rothschild in at least one obvious respect - for me my primary aim is not to maximise my return, my primary aim is to not blow up.

A good lesson to learn AN. Capital preservation is paramount, as after all capital is the only indispensable tool. When one realises this, one has gone a long way to curing that curse of the newbie, the "need to trade".

Sir William

Got it the wrong way round mate, it's far more fun getting plastred.

I disagree with Mr. Rothschild in at least one obvious respect - for me my primary aim is not to maximise my return, my primary aim is to not blow up.

Yes but you have several hundred thousand pounds cash money on deposit.

I regret that I do not understand you - why would a former banned member require an alias? Surely, once reinstated, he would return as himself?

Understand this, N Rothschild (if that is your real name) - I am THE EXPERT. What makes me THE EXPERT? I have THE EXPERTISE.

I jest, of course. To answer your question, I am none of them, for I have never been banned. I am however enjoying my stay in your fantasy land immensely.

Sir William

So, your a new member yet know all about TEH EXPERT. Intresting..

Aliases/Multi nicks are for mincers.

Yes but you have several hundred thousand pounds cash money on deposit.

My aim with a £250 spread betting account would not be capital preservation.

But as far as I'm concerned I want to keep this job indefinitely*, for the lifestyle if for no other reason, and that requires not blowing up.

*Maybe one day I'll become a criminal barrister or pilot. They look fun.

So, your a new member yet know all about TEH EXPERT. Intresting..

Aliases/Multi nicks are for mincers.

Alas! Logic is not your forte - may I suggest that you stick to dreaming up an imaginary past for yourself?

It is not necessary to be a member of this forum to view it. It is therefore possible to know a little (who would claim to know all there is to know about the enigma that is THE EXPERT?) about him without having been a member during his all too brief time here.

Your reference to "mincers" is thoroughly charming - you should be proud of yourself.

Sir William

But as far as I'm concerned I want to keep this job indefinitely*, for the lifestyle if for no other reason, and that requires not blowing up.

It is when your Dante and thats your last 250 bonus on a new spread bet account

Alas! Logic is not your forte - may I suggest that you stick to dreaming up an imaginary past for yourself?

It is not necessary to be a member of this forum to view it. It is therefore possible to know a little (who would claim to know all there is to know about the enigma that is THE EXPERT?) about him without having been a member during his all too brief time here.

Your reference to "mincers" is thoroughly charming - you should be proud of yourself.

Sir William

Imaginary past, i like it.

The lifestyle point is well made. Leaving aside the absurd question of what makes a professional trader, the question of what makes a successful trader is far more interesting.

Money is of course a big part of it, but lifestyle, if not equally important, is highly significant nonetheless.

Sir William

You'd fit in well. You already have the vices :)

and as for how long this will continue I'd guess McQ is already warming up the eraser :)

Great quote. Didn't know Cicero spoke English.

A devastating riposte - I am humbled.

I had not considered that it should be necessary to speak foreign tongues in order to benefit from the wisdom of those who are not our countrymen, given the ready availability of translators (or, in this case, translations), but clearly the idea has merit.

Sir William