Pro or Amateur?

P or A?

• Pro

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Amateur

Votes: 32 69.6%

• Total voters
Wether your Pro or Amateur is there any difference in age groups as to who is what?The reason I ask is say roughly eight out of ten times that I have scrolled down through the Forum's section and have looked at the birthdays bit the age group 40+ seems predominent.Is this due to people looking for change or something different in mid-life or is it after years of experience that this is the age band of more seasoned Pro's, just a random thought.

older people are far to set in there ways and cant devolp the proper atitude to money required for trading, i.e not care about it.

Hard for people who have worked most of there life to earn a living to go and spunk it in a day in the markets and not give a ****

older people are far to set in there ways and cant devolp the proper atitude to money required for trading, i.e not care about it.

Hard for people who have worked most of there life to earn a living to go and spunk it in a day in the markets and not give a ****

You have got a point there,and this is not a contradiction or a sob story just life.But the last 3 years I've lost mostly lost everything,home, then profits from home (lack of work) etc etc.Now the girlfriend after 12 yrs wants to split and I just think well 5hit in your hat and punch it.Its brought about an attitude of well its "me " time from now on and I want something ****ing more so I want to see if I can apply a different approach to trading than I have done.After all its easy innit:LOL:

Wether your Pro or Amateur is there any difference in age groups as to who is what?The reason I ask is say roughly eight out of ten times that I have scrolled down through the Forum's section and have looked at the birthdays bit the age group 40+ seems predominent.Is this due to people looking for change or something different in mid-life or is it after years of experience that this is the age band of more seasoned Pro's, just a random thought.

Forums,todays birthday 40,getting slightly more than random now,there's more old fart's than a Saga coach trip.

Good thread Rothy. Back to the original question I'm a rank unprofitable amatuer. Also I'm getting quite "pissed" at the moment. I can't afford to do that in the middle of the week!! lol.

This might help differentiate what amateur and professional are.

Definitions:
- AMATEUR Procrastinator: One who makes new years resolutions in August, 8 months late
- PROFESSIONAL Procrastinator: One who updates his goals from 2 years ago, then decides he did not meet his goals and will re-update them later.

Peter

This might help differentiate what amateur and professional are.

Definitions:
- AMATEUR Procrastinator: One who makes new years resolutions in August, 8 months late
- PROFESSIONAL Procrastinator: One who updates his goals from 2 years ago, then decides he did not meet his goals and will re-update them later.

Peter

I used to think I was indecisive - now I'm not so sure.

well after knowing what it is to be a Amateur (lossing money by the minute), i can say confidently im a "Professional". yes i can say, i make money every day on this market

11 Pros in here.

Now the interesting part is see if they all trade different instruments..?
#1 Money Maker for income Market Neutral Options trading and 100% scalable.

Last edited:
You have got a point there,and this is not a contradiction or a sob story just life.But the last 3 years I've lost mostly lost everything,home, then profits from home (lack of work) etc etc.Now the girlfriend after 12 yrs wants to split and I just think well 5hit in your hat and punch it.Its brought about an attitude of well its "me " time from now on and I want something ****ing more so I want to see if I can apply a different approach to trading than I have done.After all its easy innit:LOL:

So you turned to trading for some more pain ! (y) well good luck with it :)

Firstly sorry to hear you've had it tough, hope *stuff* turns around for you. Secondly I'd suggest retail traders have a far better chance of success if they've taken a few knocks have more life experiences to call upon. I've had many hundreds of thousands go through my hands over the past decade, some has stuck however looking back most of the decision making that led to losses was down to lack of advice, lack of experience, lack of humility leading to poor decision making, great lessons learned..:)

Looking back I'd have been in totally the wrong emotional place to have traded in my 30s, despite the fact raising money/making money was/has never been an issue. Trading suits and fits me very well now. Besides, I had no interest in trading then, the first stage in the economic collapse has offered up a fantastic opportunity for me, one I intend to fully embrace in all its manifestations. I'd suggest that if working for a firm the culture is absolutely for the young bright things, however, that may change. The retail side (where we *lurk*) is not a young mans game IMHO...

Enzo didn't design his first Ferrari until he was in his 40's..

So you turned to trading for some more pain ! (y) well good luck with it :)

Said this before but IMHO trading is a birth by a thousand cuts. I wonder how much we've learned about ourselves, or had to re-learn since becoming traders? I've had some incredible insights into what makes me tick/operate since I started...Most bizarre of which is/was realising that money doesn't really *motivate* me...:-0...

13 Pros in here

1 Options Neutral Market
1 COT trader w/Options

How Many daytraders are in here?