Pro or Amateur?

P or A?

• Pro

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Amateur

Votes: 32 69.6%

• Total voters
A devastating riposte - I am humbled.

I had not considered that it should be necessary to speak foreign tongues in order to benefit from the wisdom of those who are not our countrymen, given the ready availability of translators (or, in this case, translations), but clearly the idea has merit.

Sir William

Do you have any friends, in real life?

My monies on Sir Bill,...Roth is a bit over emotional ! : )

LOL

Emotion's definitely the hardest thing about trading. When you're starting out you read these comments like "Trading is about discipline", "Psychology is the most important thing", and all the rest and you think "B0ll0x. Just show me a system that works, and I'll make money".

In the end (at least the way I trade) the "enemy", for want of a better term, is not the market, or the bucket shop that's out to screw me, or the crappy method I'm using, or anything else. It's me.

That can be depressing when you first realise it, but as you think about it that fact becomes a source of hope and inspiration, because it means your success or failure is in your own hands.

I'm sure Rothschild is a good egg, it was a slow afternoon and I was out for some lulz. Actually, it's been a slow fortnight - maybe I'm getting too picky. Anyway, no offence meant to anyone.

Sir "Bill" :D

Interesting. I keep looking to learn a trade but keep thinking that maybe im too old(26), and wouldnt really know where to start, and plastering is the trade that I think would suit me best (despite knowing next to nothing about it)

At 26 you're not to old as long as your still fit,and good plasterers are always in demand.There are courses out there not sure on prices though,and don't bother with those 3 day ones not worth the time>

At 26 you're not to old as long as your still fit,and good plasterers are always in demand.There are courses out there not sure on prices though,and don't bother with those 3 day ones not worth the time>

How long would a good course last? What would my options be as far as work after completion of a course?

As far as fitness goes, I haven't aged a day since I was 18! Im the envy of all my mates, athough I find it mildy embarassing. I play sports 2 times a week and do heavy weights 3-4 times per week. Fitness wont be an issue.
Thanks for the advice.

How long would a good course last? What would my options be as far as work after completion of a course?

As far as fitness goes, I haven't aged a day since I was 18! Im the envy of all my mates, athough I find it mildy embarassing. I play sports 2 times a week and do heavy weights 3-4 times per week. Fitness wont be an issue.
Thanks for the advice.

I have seen some courses advertised in the national papers,3 months training no idea of cost ,like everything shop around.Also try the local pubs see if you can get to know any builders or plasterers see if you can pick up a bit of labouring work helping plasterers.

Thanks for the advice.

mate i would go for an electricians course , much nicer work than plastering .......i think the course is about 2 years , then you can take on private jobs .

im a shuttering carpenter meself and amateur spread better .