Pro or Amateur?

P or A?

• Pro

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Amateur

Votes: 32 69.6%

• Total voters
I take that back, I'm not a pro at blowing up either, 200,000 quid???? Two Hundred Thousand Quid!

Still all relative again I guess. The first account I blew up was using my student loan money when I was at uni. Took me a grand total of four days to lose that.

After the second time that's when I got my signature from Charlotte Whitton, quite apt in my case I guess.

Goes to show, in this game there is always someone with bigger teeth than you, and Roths, you got some massive gnashers.

you know what, its not big gnashers for taking big risks. its big gnashers for playing the game, taking it slow, managing ur risk and devoting your life to it. Any idiot can take big risk.

Does this make you a pro ;)

its part of it, but as ive said..all about the dollars ;)

Many people think im a total dick on this forum, but i am actually imparting my wisdom on people in my own unique way! and it clearly works judging by the number of pm's i receive in regards to the reality i speak.

Many people think im a total dick on this forum, ...

depends on the size. :LOL:

Peter

By the way, I respect your opinions on this forum but on this thread I must respectfully disagree with you definition of pro trader. If you start with $1 million and make $50,000 you are probably making more than most here but that won't necessarily make you a better trader than them.

Peter

Anyone who says its not about the money is a liar, or just hiding the fact they have never made any.

Trading is one of, if not the only proffesion int he world which is measured PURELY in dollars in the bank. The more dollars you have, the better you are. You arnt the best untill you have more dollars than the best. FACT.

Anybody (probably most people on this forum) Who arnt interested in becoming the greatest ever, the best money manager/trader ever..going head to toes with george soros etc..then your in the wrong game, find something else to do, you will never make it.

This job is for big swinging dicks only, those that KNOW they will be the best, ever.

People who sit with there TA and indicators, reading books off the shelf WILL FAIL. If you dont devote your life to trading, every ounce of your being, you will fail.

When I read this, I think "Young guy, not much going on in life, no money to his name".

This comment "Anybody (probably most people on this forum) Who arnt interested in becoming the greatest ever, the best money manager/trader ever..going head to toes with george soros etc..then your in the wrong game, find something else to do, you will never make it. " - it's really very sad. These are the words of a person that will never be happy in life.

I feel for you, you are on this forum obviously looking for validation of some kind. You are constantly trying to convince people you are wealthy and constantly insulting others. Expensive bottle of wine this, inheritance that, sporty cars the other. Do you actually think people either believe or are impressed by this? Is this how you define yourself?

At some point in life, you will discover that most of the people worth knowing in life don't actually care how much money you claim to have. You will also discover something in life called 'balance'.

I'd say that the most successful are those that no longer worry about money, have time on theit hands, have a full and interesting life and have good friends & family around them.

Vacuous nitwits that are only impressed by money and only have money to impress others with are lifes biggest failures.

When I read this, I think "Young guy, not much going on in life, no money to his name".

This comment "Anybody (probably most people on this forum) Who arnt interested in becoming the greatest ever, the best money manager/trader ever..going head to toes with george soros etc..then your in the wrong game, find something else to do, you will never make it. " - it's really very sad. These are the words of a person that will never be happy in life.

I feel for you, you are on this forum obviously looking for validation of some kind. You are constantly trying to convince people you are wealthy and constantly insulting others. Expensive bottle of wine this, inheritance that, sporty cars the other. Do you actually think people either believe or are impressed by this? Is this how you define yourself?

At some point in life, you will discover that most of the people worth knowing in life don't actually care how much money you claim to have. You will also discover something in life called 'balance'.

I'd say that the most successful are those that no longer worry about money, have time on theit hands, have a full and interesting life and have good friends & family around them.

Vacuous nitwits that are only impressed by money and only have money to impress others with are lifes biggest failures.

Well, i have alot going on in my life, and plenty of money.

I have plenty of friends who dont care about money or what i have, why? because they were my friends before hand. I dont need validation from anyone except the market, which is the purest form of validarion going, winner or loser.

you miss the point thought, in the profession you partake in, success can ONLY be measured in money. pure and simple. So yes i do care about money, as it is a measure of how good i am, at what i do.

I am not looking for validation, i am actually imparting my knowledge on others, in my own cruel way, whether people pick up on that or not is not my concern, but many do.

maybe your interpretation of what i have said is what it takes to reach the top of this game?

Last edited:
-

Quite possibly the best post I've ever read on T2W.

This is what I've been trying to get across for a while, just not quite as succinct as this.

If I make my measly hundred quid a day which is more than I need to live a happy AND fulfilling life than so be it. If I don't earn as much money as you then so be it. This does not mean I'm a failure, it just means I'm happy in my own little world.

To be rich does not necessarily mean in terms of wealth, I can be rich in friends and family, and rich in happiness and quality of life. So long as I earn enough money trading to put food on my table and a roof above my head I'm a success in MY EYES and that's all that matters.

Good day to you sir

Rothschild, having read a number of your posts I have come to the conclusion you are a complete and utter nutcase. giving the impression you are a billionaire trader when probably in actual fact you are some student at Edinburgh uni with a rich daddy...

Well, i have alot going on in my life, and plenty of money.

I have plenty of friends who dont care about money or what i have, why? because they were my friends before hand. I dont need validation from anyone except the market, which is the purest form of validarion going, winner or loser.

you miss the point thought, in the profession you partake in, success can ONLY be measured in money. pure and simple. So yes i do care about money, as it is a measure of how good i am, at what i do.

I am not looking for validation, i am actually imparting my knowledge on others, in my own cruel way, whether people pick up on that or not is not my concern, but many do.

maybe your interpretation of what i have said is what it takes to reach the top of this game?

Wrong trade mate! The plasterer we've recently been using charges up to £200 per day! :)

Interesting. I keep looking to learn a trade but keep thinking that maybe im too old(26), and wouldnt really know where to start, and plastering is the trade that I think would suit me best (despite knowing next to nothing about it)

Ok if we're talking about blown accounts .... that's something I AM a pro at.

Mind you, blowing accounts may be, as they say, a necessary condition to later success, but it is not necessarily a sufficient condition! :)

Anyway, I prefer not to think of it as blowing up, more like storing up tax write-offs against future massive profits :LOL: (you can claim for up to 7 years can't you ...?).

Yes, I know I'm only spread-betting, but might as well get into practice now :)

Mind you, blowing accounts may be, as they say, a necessary condition to later success, but it is not necessarily a sufficient condition! :)

Anyway, I prefer not to think of it as blowing up, more like storing up tax write-offs against future massive profits :LOL: (you can claim for up to 7 years can't you ...?).

Yes, I know I'm only spread-betting, but might as well get into practice now :)

cant write it off for tax if your a spread bet hero!

Losing is an absolute pre requisite for success.

But yes your right, i can claim back last years little snafu.