P or A?

• Pro

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Amateur

Votes: 32 69.6%

• Total voters
Not about the money?
Nope not one bit

Your partaking in capitalism at its very heart, the most pure and raw form there is and not about the money?

I love it. It's like the ultimate Soap Opera, dance, scandal, and rush someone can experience. Winning/ losing. Choosing your side then formulating your trade and the job satisfaction of your trades winning.

How much are you down this year?
lol

Nope not one bit

I love it. It's like the ultimate Soap Opera, dance, scandal, and rush someone can experience. Winning/ losing. Choosing your side then formulating your trade and the job satisfaction of your trades winning.

lol

I kind of agree with you, the chase of a trade, being right, beating the market is a great thril and one that is almost priceless. but its still about the dollars.

I'm not sure that every professional trader particularly wants to try to compete with, or be in the same league as, the likes of George Soros or Paul Tudor Jones.

Isn't the heart of being professional (whatever your profession) knowing what you are doing and being able to do it with confidence and consistency? Also with integrity and honesty.

If you can earn £100 per day consistently, and over a long period of time, I would have thought you probably have what it takes to be a pro. But if you can do it for £100, you can do it for more, and eventually much more; provided you really are consistent.

I'm not sure that every professional trader particularly wants to try to compete with, or be in the same league as, the likes of George Soros or Paul Tudor Jones.

Isn't the heart of being professional (whatever your profession) knowing what you are doing and being able to do it with confidence and consistency? Also with integrity and honesty.

If you can earn £100 per day consistently, and over a long period of time, I would have thought you probably have what it takes to be a pro. But if you can do it for £100, you can do it for more, and eventually much more; provided you really are consistent.

bugger to honesty and integrety, find me a 4th division football player who wouldn't want to play for man utd/chelsea/engerland(alltho that one is debatable:LOL:).

Generally speaking, a professional is someone that gets paid/sponsored to do something whereas an amatuer does it for themselves.

Or are we re-defining the term here ?

Anyone who says its not about the money is a liar, or just hiding the fact they have never made any.

Trading is one of, if not the only proffesion int he world which is measured PURELY in dollars in the bank. The more dollars you have, the better you are. You arnt the best untill you have more dollars than the best. FACT.

Anybody (probably most people on this forum) Who arnt interested in becoming the greatest ever, the best money manager/trader ever..going head to toes with george soros etc..then your in the wrong game, find something else to do, you will never make it.

This job is for big swinging dicks only, those that KNOW they will be the best, ever.

People who sit with there TA and indicators, reading books off the shelf WILL FAIL. If you dont devote your life to trading, every ounce of your being, you will fail.

"The more Dollars you have the better you are, [you're not the best until you have the most] Best at what? Best at putting money in the bank? This does not in any way define what a professional is. This defines being better than somebody else.

I'm not interested in becoming the greatest ever at trading. I'm interested in my own game and keeping a roof over my head and food on the table. I'm not competing against anybody but myself.

"Will fail" In whose eyes? Your eyes? Fine I'm failure because I don't earn as much you. Happy?

Anyone who says its not about the money is a liar, or just hiding the fact they have never made any.

Trading is one of, if not the only proffesion int he world which is measured PURELY in dollars in the bank. The more dollars you have, the better you are. You arnt the best untill you have more dollars than the best. FACT.

Anybody (probably most people on this forum) Who arnt interested in becoming the greatest ever, the best money manager/trader ever..going head to toes with george soros etc..then your in the wrong game, find something else to do, you will never make it.

This job is for big swinging dicks only, those that KNOW they will be the best, ever.

People who sit with there TA and indicators, reading books off the shelf WILL FAIL. If you dont devote your life to trading, every ounce of your being, you will fail.

Fact: one can be the best at what they do even at home. One can be good at his/her job even when other dont share their opinions of success.

Already made it and my years and wisdom is the reason why this game is was it is. A Game that I LOVE! You can try and go head to head all you want. and you'll eventually take on too much risk pushing the envelope. Going after the Biggest return possible, Believe me I've been there. Trading all markets all hrs trying to out smart the NFPayrolls etc... Then you'll slow down and come to realise this important fact. If you are only in it for the money, YOU will fail. Because you will burn out...

"The more Dollars you have the better you are, [you're not the best until you have the most] Best at what? Best at putting money in the bank? This does not in any way define what a professional is. This defines being better than somebody else.

I'm not interested in becoming the greatest ever at trading. I'm interested in my own game and keeping a roof over my head and food on the table. I'm not competing against anybody but myself.

"Will fail" In whose eyes? Your eyes? Fine I'm failure because I don't earn as much you. Happy?

Not in my eyes, should be in your own eyes.

Fact: one can be the best at what they do even at home. One can be good at his/her job even when other dont share their opinions of success.

Already made it and my years and wisdom is the reason why this game is was it is. A Game that I LOVE! You can try and go head to head all you want. and you'll eventually take on too much risk pushing the envelope. Going after the Biggest return possible, Believe me I've been there. Trading all markets all hrs trying to out smart the NFPayrolls etc... Then you'll slow down and come to realise this important fact. If you are only in it for the money, YOU will fail. Because you will burn out...

Dont worry im not some young buck talking the talk, i have blown up BIG before. All my words are words of experience.

Dont worry im not some young buck talking the talk, i have blown up BIG before. All my words are words of experience.

Good, I think a blow up is required to grow, and I'm sure you'll be the best if thats what you want to go after. But there's plenty of room for all traders in this game.

I earn just over a £100 aday as a bricklayer, if I make the same or more as a trader you can call me whatever you like.

Good, I think a blow up is required to grow, and I'm sure you'll be the best if thats what you want to go after. But there's plenty of room for all traders in this game.

right, your not a trader till you have blown up, once, twice, thrice times.

i think i blew up 4 times. and one of them was BIG.

Ok if we're talking about blown accounts .... that's something I AM a pro at.

i am going to qoute one of the greats.

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.\

Winston Churchill.

On my fourth blowup, i believe. I lost over 200,000, did i quit? . I sold my house and soldiered on..never losing sight of the goal.

best thing that ever happened to me.

i am going to qoute one of the greats.

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.\

Winston Churchill.

On my fourth blowup, i believe. I lost over 200,000, did i quit? . I sold my house and soldiered on..never losing sight of the goal.

best thing that ever happened to me.

I take that back, I'm not a pro at blowing up either, 200,000 quid???? Two Hundred Thousand Quid!

Still all relative again I guess. The first account I blew up was using my student loan money when I was at uni. Took me a grand total of four days to lose that.

After the second time that's when I got my signature from Charlotte Whitton, quite apt in my case I guess.

Goes to show, in this game there is always someone with bigger teeth than you, and Roths, you got some massive gnashers.