Police corruption ?

Absolutely agree Atilla - but what do you expect??!!

Currently police officers earn, I dunno, 25 - 30k.

With the role of police officer comes alot of power. For 25k you are not going to attract the calibre of candidate that has the accumen / ability / intelligence to handle this power and responsibility - it goes to their heads; "give a man a uniform..."as the saying goes.

Cynical but true. Just look at the sequence of events over the G20 protests - you put a bunch of people who do not posess the skills to act in an appropriate manner in the middle of a couple of thousand p!ssed of hippies, give them sticks and shields, and don't expect trouble.

The same can be said of alot of roles like this (teachers are also a good example). They just arent paid well enough to attract the best people for the job.

I agree with in the sense that these jobs should pay more including for nursing.

WE MUST TAX BONUSES.

Progressive taxation is a must. Human value is in terms of money. Bankers get millions for destroying global economy whilst nurses get peanuts.

Just as trade unions were reformed we need to reform the fat cats and pension fund managers.

Scales have tipped.

However, nurses and bus drivers and many other low paid civil servants don't go round inflicting physical violance. Why should police? In fact they don't even want to take on the violant gits.

TAX COMPANY CARS too.

As for cattle herding people - some wise ass police now think it may not be the right tactic. No **** Sherlock????

Dumb ass ******s the lot of em.

Is there no common sense left in anyone. Watching news and they are now using surveillance brought in to catch terrorists for dog fouling joe public.

RANT RANT RANT... They've got us all by the short and curlies... :mad::mad::mad:

agree

joking aside, im as p1ssed off as everybody else about the UK / World in general. But cant be arsed to type a 2 page rant. What does the future hold for my 3 year old son, using drugs at the nursery, 9 year old pregnancies, p1ssed up at the kids birthday party at 8.

My god

That bloke who died at the riots is still on the front page of the uk daily paper today, and they are interviewing that bird who got hit with a cosh.......................... On April 2nd

K

hug

I agree with in the sense that these jobs should pay more including for nursing.

WE MUST TAX BONUSES.

Progressive taxation is a must. Human value is in terms of money. Bankers get millions for destroying global economy whilst nurses get peanuts.

Just as trade unions were reformed we need to reform the fat cats and pension fund managers.

Scales have tipped.

However, nurses and bus drivers and many other low paid civil servants don't go round inflicting physical violance. Why should police? In fact they don't even want to take on the violant gits.

TAX COMPANY CARS too.

As for cattle herding people - some wise ass police now think it may not be the right tactic. No **** Sherlock????

Dumb ass ******s the lot of em.

Is there no common sense left in anyone. Watching news and they are now using surveillance brought in to catch terrorists for dog fouling joe public.

RANT RANT RANT... They've got us all by the short and curlies... :mad::mad::mad:

somebody needs a hug x

Atilla its the weekend cheer up old bean

:clap::clap::clap:

K

Im no wuss or nazi,

if you want to protest, beat somebody up, burn your bank managers car, or wave a flag naked down oxford street, obsolutely fine by me.

Just dont winge if you get hit over the head with a baton, pepper spray in the eye or a knee in the ******** by a copper if you decide to move in a massive angry crowd through the centre of london..

That women who got the flexi cosh around the thigh sold her story to the paper,,,,,,,,,,,,,

she said 'all the police man had to do was ask me politely to move'

K

:sleep:

Im no wuss or nazi, No body called you a wuss or nazi??? So what are you waffling about... ??? What are you suggesting here that you are a hard nut with a soft merciful centre???

if you want to protest, beat somebody up, burn your bank managers car, or wave a flag naked down oxford street, obsolutely fine by me. Which of these actions was Mr Tomlinson carrying out when he was accidentally given a good shove in the back??? (as per your words - and he wasn't playing bloody rugby at the time either)

Just dont winge if you get hit over the head with a baton, pepper spray in the eye or a knee in the ******** by a copper if you decide to move in a massive angry crowd through the centre of london.. You suggesting all those peaceful protestors should not have protested or became angry at the treatment in the hands of the police with some yobbish (er that's police yobish) elements stirring it up???

That women who got the flexi cosh around the thigh sold her story to the paper,,,,,,,,,,,,, That's a diversion by the PR machine. So that everyone condemns her and sides with the police. Everyone has the measure of her.

she said 'all the police man had to do was ask me politely to move' I think you will find many civilians politely asked the police to move so they could go home too. Did the police move? No but for their polite troubles they got shields in their faces.

K

:sleep:

You've really lost the plot mate!!!

As I said before it is a sad freaking world when good becomes bad and all that is bad becomes right and proper... :cry:

Last edited:
We must retain the right to peaceful protest.
In this instance - and in others - that right is being severely limited by this Labour government and its politically influenced senior officers like Blair, Quick etc.
This filters down to the rank and file, especially when you get a senior officer saying "we're up for it" on the eve of G20.
With more and more restrictive laws - more than 3000 new "offences" since this government came to power - many ostensibly for anti-terrorist "reasons" but then used indiscriminately to arrest other people - and cameras everywhere watching us, we are already in a proto-police state.
A woman arrested because she read out the names of the war dead on Whitehall; police hiding their ID numbers; arresting Damian Greene and raiding his home and parliamentary office and many other examples, all pointing to police who can get away with anything and being tools of the state.
Not to mention an unelected Prime Minister terrified of an election.........
How do you think police states start out.......?
Some freedoms lost here, more there, even more somewhere else, slicing the salami till there's freedom only in name.
Richard

Private Eye:

Riot Death: Police Chief Speaks Out:
"We had reason to believe he was a Brazilian electrician.".

You've really lost the plot mate!!!

As I said before it is a sad freaking world when good becomes bad and all that is bad becomes right and proper... :cry:

Your avator gives it away P.C. Atilla.

Lighten up old bean, Im off to study charts and trading for the week

K

In this instance - and in others - that right is being severely limited by this Labour government and its politically influenced senior officers like Blair, Quick etc.
This filters down to the rank and file, especially when you get a senior officer saying "we're up for it" on the eve of G20.
With more and more restrictive laws - more than 3000 new "offences" since this government came to power - many ostensibly for anti-terrorist "reasons" but then used indiscriminately to arrest other people - and cameras everywhere watching us, we are already in a proto-police state.
A woman arrested because she read out the names of the war dead on Whitehall; police hiding their ID numbers; arresting Damian Greene and raiding his home and parliamentary office and many other examples, all pointing to police who can get away with anything and being tools of the state.
Not to mention an unelected Prime Minister terrified of an election.........
How do you think police states start out.......?
Some freedoms lost here, more there, even more somewhere else, slicing the salami till there's freedom only in name.
Richard

The system won't let me rep you on this but you are so right. Culture emanates from the top and in the case of this government it stinks.

Surely it is those that turn up to events like the G20 protest with the intent of vandalising property aswell as provoking the police that undermine our right to peaceful protest in the long run ?

Most here are quick to point out when rights are denied but no one seems bothered about protestors failing to behave in a responsible manner.

Here's an example of how to protest peacefully. Nobody smashing windows or attacking the police in this video clip!

and no police officers losing their cool and retaliating either.

Doesn't the G20 protest prove that "cameras everywhere" as you put it can work against the police and not for them ? These officers may have removed their numbers but it didn't save them did it ?

Yeah OK, so these cameras were part of mobile phones and not atop of lamp posts.

Even if we took down every surveillance camera in the country the truth is that from now on, thanks to new technology, every one of us will never be more than a few feet away from a camera ready to record our every move and every word at the touch of a button......

and within just an hour of being recorded, camera footage of us can be posted up on the internet for the whole world to see.

dd

Last edited:
While I’m here, happened by some rather interesting advertising on a public phone box (UK) this morning.

It’s for the new (?) Police Terrorism Hotline.

It shows a wheelie bin full to brimming with old bottles of bleach and other such chemicals easily obtainable at supermarkets and hardware shops.

Can’t remember the byline verbatim, but something like “These wont go to make a bomb. Report anything suspicious. Don’t leave it to somebody else”. Then the 0800 number.

While it rather misses the point that any terrorist worth his salt would probably have access to retail suppliers of product necessary to make any device rather than have to depend on foraging in his/her neighbours’ wheelie bins, it does rather highlight the government’s on-going attempts to maintain, perhaps even increase, the nation’s sense of foreboding, fear and concern. Makes the proles that bit more pliable and easy to control.

And given the recent displays of Police ‘intelligence’ and beghaviour – do we really believe the people who it seems typically comprise this force are capable of protecting us from an apparently committed, intelligent, well funded and well organised group of hard core terrorists?

The reason we haven’t seen more terrorist atrocities is perhaps more appropriately explained by the simple fact they probably haven’t perpetrated any.

Very true.

I recently attended a meeting in a local government building, and the person running it in their introduction told us that, if there was a fire alarm - meet in the car park, if there was a bomb scare meet you somewhere else.
All a bit OTT really. Designed to maintain fear levels.

Absolutely. Give me the addresses of these places and I will investigate.

lol

Im not going advertise knocking shops on reputable websites. But these places do exist. God knows how or why. The women must be complete nymphs, the clients dirty perverts, and the owners mob bosses with links to high ranking police and local government officials. As yacarob says, free BJ's all round must be how these places get the licenses.

Student terrorists?

I see that 9 of the 11 have now been released without charge. Presumably nil / insufficient evidence to satisfy a judge.

BBC NEWS | UK | PM challenges Pakistan on terror quoted 9 Apr 09 'However a source close to the counter-terrorism investigation, known as Operation Pathway, told the BBC the arrests were made because police believed plans for a "very, very, big attack with possible al-Qaeda links" had reached their final stages.'

WMD ???

Surely it is those that turn up to events like the G20 protest with the intent of vandalising property aswell as provoking the police that undermine our right to peaceful protest in the long run ?

Most here are quick to point out when rights are denied but no one seems bothered about protestors failing to behave in a responsible manner.

Here's an example of how to protest peacefully. Nobody smashing windows or attacking the police in this video clip!

and no police officers losing their cool and retaliating either.

dd

Just seen this youtube film and I'm a little shocked and surprised by your reaction DD :-0

Freespeech or not these stupid dorks need to be arrested locked up and in due course despatched imo.

I don't see these people as representitive of the muslims but a mere reactionary illegal element.

If I had my way they would be arrested interrogated and despatched back to which ever country they came from.

I do blame our governments and hold them responsible for keeping these twerps in the UK when their mother countries deem them to be criminals. Freaking height of arrogance to suggest someone like these extremist would not get a fair trial in a country like Jordan. :mad:

I see that 9 of the 11 have now been released without charge. Presumably nil / insufficient evidence to satisfy a judge.

BBC NEWS | UK | PM challenges Pakistan on terror quoted 9 Apr 09 'However a source close to the counter-terrorism investigation, known as Operation Pathway, told the BBC the arrests were made because police believed plans for a "very, very, big attack with possible al-Qaeda links" had reached their final stages.'

WMD ???

I doubt it.

My first thought was that this event was merely a distraction for the media attention on the death of Mr Tomlinson.

I thought perhaps I was being cynical at the time but obviously not.

How can police say these men were being watched and moments from a big operation - get arressted and then 9 out of 11 be released??? Is this 9 - 11 a joke or something...

Somethings just don't smell right...

Move along sir... There is nothing to see here... :sneaky:

Doesn't the G20 protest prove that "cameras everywhere" as you put it can work against the police and not for them ? These officers may have removed their numbers but it didn't save them did it ?

Yeah OK, so these cameras were part of mobile phones and not atop of lamp posts.

Even if we took down every surveillance camera in the country the truth is that from now on, thanks to new technology, every one of us will never be more than a few feet away from a camera ready to record our every move and every word at the touch of a button......
and within just an hour of being recorded, camera footage of us can be posted up on the internet for the whole world to see.

dd

Police are using hundreds of paid informants inside protest groups to "feed them intelligence", according to evidence handed to the Guardian.
The paper says it has obtained tapes of discussions between men claiming to be undercover officers from Strathclyde Police and a Plane Stupid activist.
The recordings appear to show money being offered for information.

BBC NEWS | UK | Police 'pay protester informers'

dd

Quite right too, how else do the police gather "intelligence" - I mean it doesn't come naturally in the highest ranks - just look at the likes of Bob Quick, Ian Blair etc...........:)
I hope the police informers checked out the cash wasn't counterfeit.....

:clap:

watch