my S&P500 prediction for this week

Wow what a rally in the S&P500 this week. 1260 was a great level of support and now the next key level is 1340. If this resistance is breached you'd have to think potentially multi-year highs are are obtainable.

All I can tell is that this week (July 4-8) will be different, i.e. there are several turning points and change of direction. It's already done.

I don't know a man who can do a half year prediction with exact levels.

Neither do I Nostradamus.

I am merely stating that 1363.61 is a multi-year high and if the S&P500 can breach the next level at 1340 it is has momentum to exceed this 1363.61 multi-year high. It appears to have done this as of Friday 8th of July (1343.80). So therefore multi-year highs are attainable in the coming week.

Neither do I Nostradamus.

I am merely stating that 1363.61 is a multi-year high and if the S&P500 can breach the next level at 1340 it is has momentum to exceed this 1363.61 multi-year high. It appears to have done this as of Friday 8th of July (1343.80). So therefore multi-year highs are attainable in the coming week.

I did RTS index which copies S&P500 before the drop here http://www.trade2win.com/boards/eur...ing-system-trading-strategies-july-4-8-a.html

And as you can see my strategy (Red letters) was good in the real market and not questionable as predicted, and the exit point on Friday 11pm (UTC+4) was also good, but as fa as the entry for short is concerned, I had to make a secondary one. In overall, 1 trade was 0 profit and the rest were average.

I didn't have time to compare with S&P500, but think it just the same.

"We have an unusual astrological combination coming up in the markets on Monday, July 11.

Two solar eclipses - the one on June 1 and the one on July 1 - will both be activated by planetary transits on the same day.

This makes Monday an especially important day for astro-traders to keep an eye on the market action.

There are other factors at work in the markets at the same time, of course, but this double eclipse impact instantly identifies July 11 as an important trading day.

You'll find this date identified (along with tons of other astro-trading information) in the monograph on "The Solar Eclipses of June & July 2011: Their Impact on the Markets"."

Tim Bost

as long as he says that this is an important day, I will make my prediction for today starting 10am (GMT+4) in just one hour.

Here is the prediction. took 30 minutes :)

Attachments

• sp500_11july2011.PNG
    sp500_11july2011.PNG
    40.8 KB · Views: 251
WOW S&P500 bouncing back this week!

It struggled earlier this month in the 1350s so could be some resistance here.

Again, those multi-year highs at 1363.61 could be under threat if momentum can continue earlier in the week.
Relative to the rest of the world the S&P500 and NASDAQ are flying over the past month!

Ive only just joined this forum and this is my first post. Does anyone think there will be another sell off before the fed meeting in Dec or are we heading for new highs again ?

probability of 70% that the index will go up next week

probability of 70% that the index will go up next week

Attachments

• sp500.jpg
    sp500.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Probability of 60% that the index will go down next week.

Probability of 60% that the index S&P500 will go down next week!

Last edited:
Probability of 60% that the index S&P500 will go down next week!

Hi Vikos,

We have an informal predict the weekly closing price of S&P500 index competition on this blog http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/182110-s-p-500-cash-weekly-competition-2014-a.html

You seem to be attempting pretty much the same thing and it would be good to have your forecasts too.

If you would like to join it would be good to have you participate.

Either way wishing you prosperous trading. (y)

Hi Atilla,

Thanks for the invitation.
But I think that it is impossible to predict the closing price.
I can predict the direction of movement of the index S&P500.

Good luck!

Hi Atilla,

Thanks for the invitation.
But I think that it is impossible to predict the closing price.
I can predict the direction of movement of the index S&P500.

Good luck!

Some forecasters have been able to predict the closing price to within single digit numbers. In a few cases they have been few decimals out.

In our competition one only gets points if one gets direction correct. You get one point for getting direction right and nearest three to the weekly closing price gets 3-2-1 points each.

You may like to join to see how you compare to our forecasters.

Don't be bashful or afraid. Be brash and bold. ;)

my S&P500 prediction for this week, no direction

my S&P500 prediction for this week, no direction

Attachments

• sp500.jpg
    sp500.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 232
Some forecasters have been able to predict the closing price to within single digit numbers. In a few cases they have been few decimals out.

In our competition one only gets points if one gets direction correct. You get one point for getting direction right and nearest three to the weekly closing price gets 3-2-1 points each.

You may like to join to see how you compare to our forecasters.

Don't be bashful or afraid. Be brash and bold. ;)

Almost certain to wimp out when the chips are down but we shall see ?

Last edited: