S&P500 in bear-market

woodstockvilla

S&P500 in bear-market

On Wednesday, the U.S stock-market saw a “critical” downturn. The stocks did not do well as the market was full of volatility. S&P500 was dragged into bear market as worries about more credit losses would hurt the financial companies. On the other hand, Cisco systems led the technology shares lower when its CEO raise fears of an extended economic downturn.
S&P500 did really saw a drastic change in itself as the bear-market pulled the major U.S stock indexes in it. U.S stocks have been tossed up for months by the credit crisis and severe U.S economic slowdown.

Well at the end of the day, all the major stock indexes in U.S share-market fell more than 2percent. Now its time to see how many days the bear-Market will hold the S&P500?

Please share your thoughts on this issue?

Last edited:
here's a tip.... if you're going to SPAM, don't do it on your very first post, try to be a little subtle ......

here's a tip.... if you're going to SPAM, don't do it on your very first post, try to be a little subtle ......

I've always been a little innocent about the reasons that posters post but could not see any SPAM in that one.

What did attract my attention, though, was that, to me, the SP500 has been in a bear trend for several weeks. It's true that it hit a new 2008 low yesterday but it could still recover, not that I think it will and I have been happily shorting it since June. Nevertheless, Woodstockvilla's post did not tell me anything new. If he is trying to sell something, maybe I should try to, as well. :D

well the normal style for a first post from a genuine new member tends to be "hi, my name is spanish, i am a ********, please teach me everything about the markets, even though i will ignore all of your advice 'cos I'm a big-heided wee oik"
whereas first posts from spammers tend to be more like this: "S&P500 in bear-market

On Wednesday, the U.S stock-market saw a “critical” downturn. The stocks did not do well as the market was full of volatility. S&P500 was dragged into bear market as worries about more credit losses would hurt the financial companies. On the other hand, Cisco systems led the technology shares lower when its CEO raise fears of an extended economic downturn.
S&P500 did really saw a drastic change in itself as the bear-market pulled the major U.S stock indexes in it. U.S stocks have been tossed up for months by the credit crisis and severe U.S economic slowdown.

Well at the end of the day, all the major stock indexes in U.S share-market fell more than 2percent. Now its time to see how many days the bear-Market will hold the S&P500?

Please share your thoughts on this issue?"

perhaps you think i'm generalising too much ?

well the normal style for a first post from a genuine new member tends to be "hi, my name is spanish, i am a ********, please teach me everything about the markets, even though i will ignore all of your advice 'cos I'm a big-heided wee oik"
whereas first posts from spammers tend to be more like this: "S&P500 in bear-market

Please share your thoughts on this issue?"

perhaps you think i'm generalising too much ?

Well, he didn't comeback, did he?