S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2023

All late entries added for week 39, as well as T2W Bot entries updated to this week. No change to the top 3 places on any of the updated weeks.

1699653495382.png

Closest value possible if you don't use more than one digit after the decimal point.

Last edited:
Sorry just saw your reply now, looks like there was a problem with the feed but it's fixed now. We have no back up for the feed, so if that's not working it's just a matter of waiting it out. I think we use yahoo.

Sorry just saw your reply now, looks like there was a problem with the feed but it's fixed now. We have no back up for the feed, so if that's not working it's just a matter of waiting it out. I think we use yahoo.
The same error with the feed currently appears again.

When you try to login for the contest, the error occurs again:
1704664703803.png

So I wondered whether the contest is discontinued in 2024.

It is possible to place a prediction by ignoring this error, of course S&P data are not shown.

So I checked everything this morning. Looks like we had no entries the last week of 2023 and the first week of 2024. Does anyone recall what happened? Everything right now looks fine, so I'm a bit unsure as to what went down, apart from the the feed error that IlIlIlIlI mentioned, although I don't know if this alone would have prevented entries being made.

I'll need to work out the prizes for last year, and will also start a new thread and determine what changes, if any, to make to this year's contest.

So I checked everything this morning. Looks like we had no entries the last week of 2023 and the first week of 2024. Does anyone recall what happened? Everything right now looks fine, so I'm a bit unsure as to what went down, apart from the the feed error that IlIlIlIlI mentioned, although I don't know if this alone would have prevented entries being made.

I'll need to work out the prizes for last year, and will also start a new thread and determine what changes, if any, to make to this year's contest.

Hi Paul.

I think the absence of entries was probably due to the way the Christmas hols fell this yr, coupled with uncertainty on the market open /closed/ trading days etc. It may be helpful to add a link to the 2024 thread showing market holidays.

The time window to enter a prediction closes on Sunday and does not regard trading holidays:
"Predictions are accepted from 11pm on Fridays, until 11pm on Sundays (UK time)."

In the first week of January always the error documented in my post above (#191) was always shown and I didn't find out that it could be ignored to enter a prediction.

Last edited:

no, I wasn't able to make predictions. I'm assuming it was the same for everyone else?
I can't remember what teh error was. Something about 'fetching data' I think?

Sorry for the delay again, I've been busy moving us off of Heroku hosting and on to Render/Neon instead. Please let me know if you spot any glitches in the coming days - results coming shortly.. thanks.

It looks like the T2W bot is stopped as the results for W6 are not calculated yet:
1707661800923.png

Last edited: