Message For Ftse Traders......

vcvohan, Viks - I hope you took some money off the table at 3795ish before it tailed down. Edit - so you brokeven too. I was long from 3788 and bottled out at breakeven as I felt it was too lethargic to be sure of reaching your 3805 target. I figured there would be a better setup later in the day to push it. Can I ask, it is IG that you are using? Do they give you any better spread than 2 points if you haggle? Is there anyone else you know who genuinely offers 1 point spreads on the FTSE cash?

i use futuresbetting, they give you real FTSE futures prices then take away .5 of a point to make it a SB or if you do over 201 lots ina month it becomes .25 of a point.

so in and out 1 point until you do over 201 lots in the month, then half point spread in effect.

I'm all Winnie The Pooh at the minute but ready to change horses if any bounce challenges the 5DMA in a big way. The SPX will be opening at a multiyear low.

I'm more Yogi.....

61.8% fib level from yesterday's range is 7000 on the dot on my chart.....

i use futuresbetting, they give you real FTSE futures prices then take away .5 of a point to make it a SB or if you do over 201 lots ina month it becomes .25 of a point.

so in and out 1 point until you do over 201 lots in the month, then half point spread in effect.

Minime - many thanks for that. I did actual sign up for a trial account two weeks ago, but couldn't get my head around the difference between cash and futures. I originally thought they offered cash prices as well as futures. I need to spend more time with their demo to understand futures better. Also I have done all my research using IG's charting package, so wasn't ready for a change. I will revisit futuresbetting when I have a little bit more time. Their spreads are excellent and may save me quite a bit of money in the future.

Minime - many thanks for that. I did actual sign up for a trial account two weeks ago, but couldn't get my head around the difference between cash and futures. I originally thought they offered cash prices as well as futures. I need to spend more time with their demo to understand futures better. Also I have done all my research using IG's charting package, so wasn't ready for a change. I will revisit futuresbetting when I have a little bit more time. Their spreads are excellent and may save me quite a bit of money in the future.

yes good prices(y)

but no charting at the mo (n)

vcvohan, Viks - I hope you took some money off the table at 3795ish before it tailed down. Edit - so you brokeven too. I was long from 3788 and bottled out at breakeven as I felt it was too lethargic to be sure of reaching your 3805 target. I figured there would be a better setup later in the day to push it. Can I ask, it is IG that you are using? Do they give you any better spread than 2 points if you haggle? Is there anyone else you know who genuinely offers 1 point spreads on the FTSE cash?

I just came back from enjoying the sun well whatever we get from it.
Anyway if i hadn't moved to break even and held on would've hit target. but think i did the right thing. If the price fell further then break even would be best so think i made the best decision.

there are a few places giving one point spreads but i think others would know better as i've only used ODL markets but i moved from there to ig.

Viks

Thought I'd just post up a chart at what i'm looking at.
At the moment think FTSE starting to flat out a bit but at an interest point.

If my trend lines don't look right please let me know

Hope the pic comes up

Attachments

• FTSE.JPG
    FTSE.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 128
Just scalping and took another 5points
sold at 3820 profit at 3815

Going to sit back and watch now. Hoping for a big move soon. Break of one of the trend lines or a bounce.

chaps.

i'm done for the day, nicked 55 ticks

am out in the city(london) Browns 8 Old Jewry

if anyone about PM me and will exchange mobile numbers and poss meet up for a shandy.

;);)

and i went scalping again........
bought at 3810 profit at 3815

I'm off now for a while hope you have a lovely Friday evening!

Viks

chaps.

i'm done for the day, nicked 55 ticks

am out in the city(london) Browns 8 Old Jewry

if anyone about PM me and will exchange mobile numbers and poss meet up for a shandy.

;);)

Sadly although I'm in London tonight I won't be in your neck of the woods otherwise would be good to grab a beer. Have a good weekend!!

Well there looks like there might be some IB action on the 2h so I've got orders long @ 3830 (target fib 3873) and short 3775 (target fib 3715). It's been very tiring doing nothing all day so I'm going to catch up on some sleep.....
Bye for now
KJ

Wasn't planning on trading today , but had set up an Pending order at 3760 @ 5 to buy a few days ago when it hit that low.
So that was triggered.
Originally planned to get out at 3830 but don't like to be holding stuff over the weekend so changed it to 3820 and got out with that.

Well there looks like there might be some IB action on the 2h so I've got orders long @ 3830 (target fib 3873) and short 3775 (target fib 3715). It's been very tiring doing nothing all day so I'm going to catch up on some sleep.....
Bye for now
KJ

The buy order has been triggered and I've just moved my stop to 3860....

The buy order has been triggered and I've just moved my stop to 3860....

Closed @ 3873 (original target) for 43 points. That's me done for the day unless a very compelling short arises....

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

KJ

Thought I'd just post up a chart at what i'm looking at.
At the moment think FTSE starting to flat out a bit but at an interest point.

If my trend lines don't look right please let me know

Hope the pic comes up

Hey Viks, is that the built in IG cart you're using? Don't know if you've tried it but they do a much better charting package in their "tools" section.

Totally missed all the action today. wandered out to grab some sun assuming just wild swings on the figure. Come back and see a huge bounce off support. Knackers!