Message For Ftse Traders......

Hey Viks, is that the built in IG cart you're using? Don't know if you've tried it but they do a much better charting package in their "tools" section.

Totally missed all the action today. wandered out to grab some sun assuming just wild swings on the figure. Come back and see a huge bounce off support. Knackers!

I think there may still be a possibility of a nice short before the US closes. I'm currently watching gold which is looking very interesting....

I think there may still be a possibility of a nice short before the US closes. I'm currently watching gold which is looking very interesting....

yeah, there could well be a short before the weekend kicks in. Don't know whats going on with gold. I bought the 927 for a cheeky few ticks. It behaves differently to the indices I find - I don't understand it.

chaps.

i'm done for the day, nicked 55 ticks

am out in the city(london) Browns 8 Old Jewry

if anyone about PM me and will exchange mobile numbers and poss meet up for a shandy.

;);)

Way out in the Suburbs tonight unfortunately.

Closed @ 3873 (original target) for 43 points. That's me done for the day unless a very compelling short arises....

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

KJ

Nice one guess the patients pays off hey!
Had to leave to smoke some shee-sha at a friends and go out with the lads.
Nice break of the 3820 there and break of my smaller trendlines.
Also was a break of my longer run trend lines.

Everthing was going for that long in my analysis. Would've taken 30points there i think oh well!

Sorry Minime can't make it out tonight hope you have a good night lovely night out tonight.

Viks

Well that ended up being a fugly day. More chop than a butcher's block once the NYSE opened. If I had obeyed my own rules I would have been fine but the FTSE seriously dislocated from the SPX in mid afternoon and I kinda panicked. But then manna appeared from heaven when the SPX failed at VWAP and the 65 points I grabbed in the last 10 minutes made the day. Thank you, Trader God, Thine name is TA!

I'm still locked and loaded on the Winnie The Pooh swing trade, BTW.

Have a good weekend, boys and girls. It's back to the trenches on Monday!

Closed @ 3873 (original target) for 43 points. That's me done for the day unless a very compelling short arises....

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

KJ

well done Rob and guys....just read some of the posts!!

I have been busy all day so not really traded after the excitement of the gap down on RIO except the 20 point trade on FTSE.....

I had to sort a boiler problem out all day!!

Oh yes Robert, I did the CMC free trading spreadbet thingy yesterday and I doubled the account!!

I have withdrawn my money much to disdain of the account manager..... haha!!

I hope you have fun on the weekend, and please tell Sir William I said hello........

saw some one was asking about 1 point spreads. I have been doing this a while and have found that the only company which offers 1 point spreads and Is decent is Odl. They fill you even at 50 quid a point and are reliable save the occasional minor glitch. Cap spreads are crap. Gft have the most dodgy fills ever which equate to a massive spread and you need to be shifting some round turns to make futures betting worth while otherwise the spread is 1.5 although its a great platform but negated by lack of charts. I have no affiliation to Odl but if you want to PM me I should be able to get you a 200 quid cash back deal that is no longer on offer.

I have been busy all day so not really traded after the excitement of the gap down on RIO except the 20 point trade on FTSE.....

Oh yes Robert, I did the CMC free trading spreadbet thingy yesterday and I doubled the account!!

I hope you have fun on the weekend, and please tell Sir William I said hello........

The CMC deal sounds good, when does it finish? If anyone is looking for a low risk SB account don't forget the VC Financials offer. I think it closes in a couple of days, £500 cashback offer, minimum 500 deposit. You can claim up to 500 on any losses withinin the first 8 weeks. I'm planning to use it for A trade setups only! (I'm not affiliated in case anyone thinks I'm selling, just looks a good deal for newbies!).

I have a question regarding timeframes, trendlines etc. When I watch the videos on inthemoneystocks, the charts only seem to show cash closing and opening i.e. 9.30am to 5/5.30pm. It appears very easy to see gaps as it hides any of the after hours futures trading. When I check my IG charts and most others I've seen, the chart covers a full 24 hour cycle thus making gaps les obvious. Do any of you filter the charts in some way to see gaps more clearly? Or do you just note the close/open candles and check if a gap has taken place?

One other thing I have seen mentioned a lot on those videos and through looking closely at my charts is support turning into resistance and vice-versa. The more times the s/r line is touched, the bigger the jump in the other direction once it finally fails/breaks. I know this is obvious, but then everything looks obvious in hindsight on the charts! Combine the above with fib levels and observing price action with pin bars etc and I wonder why I ever bother looking at indicators at all..

I took something from Trader Dante's thread that before jumping in you should analyse your charts, mark up the various s/r levels, trendlines etc and then wait for the market to come to you. I think I'm getting more comfortable with that so I aim to spend some time at the weekends preparing for the week ahead.

Would be nice to see some examples of what people do with their charts to prepare for the week ahead and how you read where the action will go based on trendlines, s/r, MAs etc. I know some of you guys have been making quite solid predictions in the area where indices are headed but it would be really helpful to see how you come to these conclusions from chart examples. Anyone fancy sharing some info this weekend? I don't mind putting something up but I expect most of you are far beyond my stage of enlightenment!! :)

Last edited:

Hi there,
Just got your message and I'm seeing William in a couple of hours so I'll say hello. Well done with the £100!!!
Have a good weekend
Rob

The CMC deal sounds good, when does it finish? If anyone is looking for a low risk SB account don't forget the VC Financials offer. I think it closes in a couple of days, £500 cashback offer, minimum 500 deposit. You can claim up to 500 on any losses withinin the first 8 weeks. I'm planning to use it for A trade setups only! (I'm not affiliated in case anyone thinks I'm selling, just looks a good deal for newbies!).

I have a question regarding timeframes, trendlines etc. When I watch the videos on inthemoneystocks, the charts only seem to show cash closing and opening i.e. 9.30am to 5/5.30pm. It appears very easy to see gaps as it hides any of the after hours futures trading. When I check my IG charts and most others I've seen, the chart covers a full 24 hour cycle thus making gaps les obvious. Do any of you filter the charts in some way to see gaps more clearly? Or do you just note the close/open candles and check if a gap has taken place?

One other thing I have seen mentioned a lot on those videos and through looking closely at my charts is support turning into resistance and vice-versa. The more times the s/r line is touched, the bigger the jump in the other direction once it finally fails/breaks. I know this is obvious, but then everything looks obvious in hindsight on the charts! Combine the above with fib levels and observing price action with pin bars etc and I wonder why I ever bother looking at indicators at all..

I took something from Trader Dante's thread that before jumping in you should analyse your charts, mark up the various s/r levels, trendlines etc and then wait for the market to come to you. I think I'm getting more comfortable with that so I aim to spend some time at the weekends preparing for the week ahead.

Would be nice to see some examples of what people do with their charts to prepare for the week ahead and how you read where the action will go based on trendlines, s/r, MAs etc. I know some of you guys have been making quite solid predictions in the area where indices are headed but it would be really helpful to see how you come to these conclusions from chart examples. Anyone fancy sharing some info this weekend? I don't mind putting something up but I expect most of you are far beyond my stage of enlightenment!! :)

I'll certainly try to post charts as I'm off tomorrow..........

I might go for that offer........

I'm using these free offers to try some crazy trades...................either blow the account(the free money only not my capital) or double the account........hehee!!

CMC offer was too good to be true.......2 points free trading all day and losses refunded!! and double your profit!! so make 50 points = £100 double profit =£200 . A minimal deposit of £200 is req'd in order to open account = double your money back!!

easy peasy lemon squeezy.........haha!!

I have ordered a new gray nicolls cricket bat cricket bat for this season and a new squash racket with the dividends??

I have been using investors interactive free £100 and have been taking £20-£30 profit out as it goes above £100 for the last 10 days.......

I urge caution though as it can encourage bad trading.........

I love my CFD's and i will stick with it, I just mirror my trades on my CFD account!!

Last edited:
OK guys I give up

can some one please tell me how to upload a chart on here from IG charting software!!

Evening WS!

Ok, click the print icon on your chart. Just click print, for the default resolution settings. A web browser window will be opened, with the chart image in a new web page. Right click the image, and select 'save target as' - stick with the default .png format - save to your desktop.

Then, when creating a new message on the board, select 'manage attachements'. Then find your image on your desktop, and click upload.

Give me a shout if you get stuck at all.

Cheers, Ollie

Last edited:

Hi Richard,

I've attached 3 charts for you. 1 hr, 15 min, 5 min. I've wisely started doing my overall analysis on the hourly chart now - I was using 15min, but it seems after all, there is no point. But, I still do some fine tuning analysis on the 15min, and sometimes a bit more on the 5 or 3 min.

I think most people are using 200ma, 50ma, and 20ma. I'm sure they will shout if that's not the case. I've ditched all my indicators, save for RSI 5, on the hourly. Still using fibs too.

My charts show major trendlines and channels I have identified. Not that I always manage to get them drawn accurately... and I did get screwed last week for that reason! So, it's really worth taking your time to draw them as precisely as possible IMO. It takes a while to really see clearly where the trends are, so it can take a bit of practice to be spot on. After some months, I'm still learning for sure.

As for predictions in price movement. I've been a bit hit and miss at times, but recently I have started county waves, as in Elliot Waves (whole new subject, but worth some research I think). Also, I look to see how the market tests trend lines, S/R levels. If there are repeated tests, then a breakout, that's a soild indicator for a change in direction IMO.

Anyway, I think Wallstreet is your man for a better explanation. From what I read on Friday, he was spot with his analysis. Not that I would want to boost his ego at all ;) I jest!

Cheers, Ollie

p.s. I have also started using a 15min Renko chart, which seems to be good for smoothing out the noise. And again, I draw trendlines on that too. I'm not 100% I shall stick with it though.... there's potential for information overload sometimes I think.

Attachments

• 1hour.png
    1hour.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 5 min.png
    5 min.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 15min.png
    15min.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
p.s. I have also started using a 15min Renko chart, which seems to be good for smoothing out the noise. And again, I draw trendlines on that too. I'm not 100% I shall stick with it though.... there's potential for information overload sometimes I think.

This is how my desktop looks! Info overload!! I might get a 3rd screen to make a bit of space ;)

Ignore the Stoch indicator, I only use that for my share dealing stuff, on daily charts. ATR likewise.

Ollie

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 160
Evening WS!

Ok, click the print icon on your chart. Just click print, for the default resolution settings. A web browser window will be opened, with the chart image in a new web page. Right click the image, and select 'save target as' - stick with the default .png format - save to your desktop.

Then, when creating a new message on the board, select 'manage attachements'. Then find your image on your desktop, and click upload.

Give me a shout if you get stuck at all.

Cheers, Ollie

I have tried it my friend and it keeps stating invalid file upload?

I hate IT?

Last edited: