Message For Ftse Traders......

I'm not very tech savy my friend, what does that mean?

Wall street,
As a matter of interest, when you say 1 contract on ftse, how much is that?
do you bet £10 a point (contract in CFD) or less? just curious
Not having a great day, down £40. Went short on dax 4375, bad trade.
also thought ftse will go down after the UK close but did not trade.
simple reason for ftse to fall at 4.30........ Generally ftse and dax go hand in hand.Dax was down about 120 point and ftse was just 30-40 at close.8 out of 10 times ftse will fall after the close,but today was an exception!!!

Just my experience, any thoughts?

I disagree because this thread is updated instantly and you get email alerts as well.....The market doesn't move that quickly!!

I also think its disrespectful to sharky as we have been using his forum for free and now we want to move...I think we should stay here because i like this format and new people wanting to join all the time and learn.....because thats why i am here and posting like mad all the time for Newbies, i enjoy helping them!!
cool WS, was just a suggestion... will keep all logs here and in order..!!

I disagree because this thread is updated instantly and you get email alerts as well.....The market doesn't move that quickly!!

I also think its disrespectful to sharky as we have been using his forum for free and now we want to move...I think we should stay here because i like this format and new people wanting to join all the time and learn.....because thats why i am here and posting like mad all the time for Newbies, i enjoy helping them!!

I think that this thread serves its purpose very well and it is very handy to be able to scroll back a couple of pages to check some answers/advice from more experienced traders or to recap on some charts etc. While it would be nice to chat in real time, I fear newbies like me would be lost in the detail.

If you want to chat in real-time, why not request MSN by pm or something similar in parallel to keeping this really useful thread going. I've personally learnt a lot in a short space of time and would hate to have to logon to a chat room just to have to keep up to date.. Just my two penneth as a novice trader :)

wallstreet1928,

Am quite new to this. Have been SB'ing cautiously using 10/20p a point on my iii account, having been reading and watching the markets for the last 2-3 years. Could I please what time frame your charts are?

I watch the 1 minute charts, and am just over breaking even at the mo, which I'm quite pleased about (holding my own as a newbie!). I'm usually in and out in about 10-20 minutes and 99% of the time within 90 minutes.

All the best,

Simon

wallstreet1928,

Am quite new to this. Have been SB'ing cautiously using 10/20p a point on my iii account, having been reading and watching the markets for the last 2-3 years. Could I please what time frame your charts are?

I watch the 1 minute charts, and am just over breaking even at the mo, which I'm quite pleased about (holding my own as a newbie!). I'm usually in and out in about 10-20 minutes and 99% of the time within 90 minutes.

All the best,

Simon

I use 10 min, 60 min chart time frames............some time 5 mins to get a good entry/exit!!

2 day chart and 1 week chart mostly utilised.........drawing support and resistance lines everywhere!!

I get all my ideas from here, highly reccommened
YouTube - inthemoneystocks's Channel

feel free to email me Simon and i will be more than happy to help...........
[email protected]

adios amigos!!

I am done for today as i have a Sufi gathering every thursdays, the Ottoman Turks use to call it a Tekke.....Its a spiritual lodge where like minded people come from all different social,economical,political backgrounds and come to reflect on the divine.......

Last edited:
I was gonna say when the Dow goes below 7700 but then I looked again and it'd gone north of 7800...!

I was gonna say when the Dow goes below 7700 but then I looked again and it'd gone north of 7800...!
Didn't know anyone was there!!! I'm now long on the FTSE in the expectation that the Dow is trying to fill this morning's gap.....

Bought DOW at 7718 closed at 7759 for +41, wish I'd stayed in longer but I don't want to get greedy! Managed to scalp 10 points selling off S1 :)

Bought DOW at 7718 closed at 7759 for +41, wish I'd stayed in longer but I don't want to get greedy! Managed to scalp 10 points selling off S1 :)

Well done!!! S&P has now faded the Gap so IMO I don't think there will be much more upside.....