Message For Ftse Traders......

Morning all,

My first post, but does anyone else think a short at 3618.8 on FTSE is a good idea?
With both BOE and ECB expected to lower interest rates, I imagine it's going to drop.

But what do I know? :p

Good morning Jacob and welcome to the thread. IMO it is dangerous to try and predict how the markets will react to news as, very often, they may have already priced the news in. It is best to just have the knowledge that there will be big figures coming out this morning, that will probably move the markets one way of the other, and leave it at that. A lot of people won't trade around these times as market reaction to news events can be so unpredictable and vicious!!

As an aside, on a more macro scale, interest rates dropping would generally see equities increase in desirability as bonds, other forms of deposit etc. drop in desirability due to the lesser return they will offer.

But the equity markets will already have thought that through and will have reflected the expected interest rate decisions in their pricing already....

Sounds like a plan, but I'm in the office and the cat's at home and she's not answering the phone. :rolleyes:

Rob, not sure I see your take on the 4h Dax. All I can see is that it's current sitting on the pivot and 50MA which could provide some support, but after yesterday's rally I'd have thought it was a little over-bought. What's your view?

There was a potential long position to be had which has been steamrollered through by the 8am bar.......

so got stopped out.

reversed and went long @ 3592, 3597, 3607, looking for tit to break throught 3615 and higher.

stop @ 3599

kneck-tie.............

20 & 50 ma...converge to give solid support!! 3600 -3610

If it breaks this then it gets ugly.........

it must hold!!!

Attachments

• FTSE5th March knectie.png
    FTSE5th March knectie.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 130
not sure why i'm trading this as stuck in a range.......but sold again @ 3603 and 3599

moved stop down to 3604.5 and will sell again @ 3594.5.

it has to break out one way or the other.

stopped for a small profit.

the frequency of my trading might not suite some people on here, and its tough to post all my trades.

but will try my best.

It seems that the strong resistance line of 3600 that we had yesterday has become the strong support line of today. If it breaks the line my guess would be that its a strong bearish flag for today.

Morning gents. A question - on IG we have 24 hour markets, the problem is that charting things like moving averages and trendlines may be messed up by this. What time ranges are you lot using? I mean are you excluding 10 pm to 7 am on the ftse?