Message For Ftse Traders......

Morning gents. A question - on IG we have 24 hour markets, the problem is that charting things like moving averages and trendlines may be messed up by this. What time ranges are you lot using? I mean are you excluding 10 pm to 7 am on the ftse?

yes i follow the cash times, 8.00-4.30

Morning gents. A question - on IG we have 24 hour markets, the problem is that charting things like moving averages and trendlines may be messed up by this. What time ranges are you lot using? I mean are you excluding 10 pm to 7 am on the ftse?

I have amended to 7.00 - 22.00

hello looks like the 600 level is going to get smashed sometime later today.. get ready..

I would advise caution

the chart i posted has solid support around that level.........

Knecktie= 20 & 50 MA converge!!!

and you have 200 MA right below it...........

I will be very surprised it gets taken out

I would advise caution

the chart i posted has solid support around that level.........

Knecktie= 20 & 50 MA converge!!!

and you have 200 MA right below it...........

I will be very surprised it gets taken out

your analysis as always makes convincing case, BUT im going to disagree with on this one, WS. have gone with my conviction and am short 3610.. and counting..:LOL:

time frame

I have amended to 7.00 - 22.00

I always have charts on 12.00 to 12.00 but it shouldnt make any difference to your charting if you set the open and close to the open and close of the market (for the FTSE future thats 8:00am to 9:00pm because there isnt any data outside those times.
Keep an eye on the 30 min chart. Yesterday was a good example.

Attachments

• Z 03-09  3_5_2009 (30 Min).jpg
    Z 03-09 3_5_2009 (30 Min).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 115
I would be a buyer at this level........

S&P futures touching 700...we could get a bounce!!

this is a virtual trade guys.........because I'm not trading but I need to do it in order to keep up with the situation in the market!!

long 3590..stop loss 3560!! target 3620!!

virtual trade only

your analysis as always makes convincing case, BUT im going to disagree with on this one, WS. have gone with my conviction and am short 3610.. and counting..:LOL:

I think that you are right. I am short at 3598 from 0857.

You picked a good spot to enter. I came on late, this morning.

There's a load of euro-zone data out at 10am, could see that giving conviction to the market one way or the other, before the US opens.

thank you my friend......

and well done with your trade!!

Always do your own analysis, as the following example will show you it can be prosperous...haha!!

OH well its recaptured 3600 now....have you taken profit!!

I would be a buyer at this level........

S&P futures touching 700...we could get a bounce!!

this is a virtual trade guys.........because I'm not trading but I need to do it in order to keep up with the situation in the market!!

long 3590..stop loss 3560!! target 3620!!

virtual trade only

I could have taken 15 points profit now if I were trading.......

cant wait to start trading next week again

I could have taken 15 points profit now if I were trading.......

cant wait to start trading next week again

Wallstreet, Nice Channel forming here. Also re your kneck tie, second chart has Dragonfly Doji on .5 fib level from yesterdays range, add in Hidden Bullish Divergence, Good for the long trade.
As i type we are retesting the channel! Take those points when they are there!

Attachments

• snapshot-98.png
    snapshot-98.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 111
  • snapshot-99.png
    snapshot-99.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 111
thank you my friend......

and well done with your trade!!

Always do your own analysis, as the following example will show you it can be prosperous...haha!!

OH well its recaptured 3600 now....have you taken profit!!

stopped out at 3595. still ok start to the day..
i still think overall will fall, but took some profit whilst it was there..

Its great having the interent - I can goof around while the market is lying on its back in a coma