Message For Ftse Traders......

Evening guys just got home from work.
Would traded nicely off the 3550 support line twice!
2 trades 20 - 40points each. I say that but when the time comes it may have been different.

Nice to see profits being made today.
Looking for a bounce off 3610/3600 to enter a long trade. Keeping aside at the moment as market seems choppy.

Thursday is finally here tomorrow and I can trade!!

How is everyone?

Viks

I saw this advert on bloomberg and its a very good offer guys
Free £200 quid..........

place 3 trades and its your.......just open and close FTSE 3 times = -£6 and you get £194 free to experiment with!!

create a FRANKENSTEIN...........haha!!
VDM GLOBAL MARKETS

Evening guys just got home from work.
Would traded nicely off the 3550 support line twice!
2 trades 20 - 40points each. I say that but when the time comes it may have been different.

Nice to see profits being made today.
Looking for a bounce off 3610/3600 to enter a long trade. Keeping aside at the moment as market seems choppy.

Thursday is finally here tomorrow and I can trade!!

How is everyone?

Viks
Hi Viks, Doing ok
I think im done for today, dont wana jump in and give back what ive made so far, so staying safe at the moment..

Hi everyone,
I've been reading all the posts on this thread for some time now, thought it was about time I said Hello!

I've been trading the FTSE for about a year now. I wasn't very successful at first, then slowly started to win back what I'd lost. Every time I approach getting back into the black it all seems to go wrong and I end up losing loads again! I'd like to get back what I've lost, even if it takes a while so I'm perservering...

I've tried "the trend is your friend" but I always seem to get in too late! I also need to run tighter stop losses as I seem to make small wims followed by a large loss (or two or three).

I hadn't tried drawing lines on charts before (as I didn't really believe in them) but having followed some of the advice on here by you guys I now see that they do actually work (sometimes)!

I'm long at the moment and hoping to see the FTSE carry on up past 3650 in the medium term.

What do you guys think might happen with the BoE decision tomorrow?

good find WS, but it looks like you have to make ten more bets to be able to withdraw the bonus:

The Match Bonus can only be withdrawn from the account if at least 3 months have elapsed from the time the bonus was awarded and if at least 10 opening trades have been placed on the account.

Hi Viks, Doing ok
I think im done for today, dont wana jump in and give back what ive made so far, so staying safe at the moment..

If I were you I would do the same.
Been there and done that already. Was happy 70poins up and took it down to 25 the other week but hey still a profit!

Viks

Wow! I've missed loads of paint drying :D

The NDX has been rejected twice at the 5DMA. It could inspire something to the longside if it pushes through. Or is that clutching at straws?

good find WS, but it looks like you have to make ten more bets to be able to withdraw the bonus:

think about it my friend...........

you have 8 trades @ 25 point stop loss.....for free....

if 50 % of trades are successful then you break even......and carry on trading and learning!!

if you hit 60% , you are making a profit of 20%

If you hit 70 % then you are making a profit of 40% and so on

I enjoyed maths at school, i intend to do a maths degree as soon as I start trading full time.....!!

Anyone more experianced offer some insight into how the BoE decision will affect the Ftse tomorrow? in either case scenario

I don't look at fundementals much at all I would only use it to know there will be movements in the market at that time so keep a close eye.
I believe more in technical analysis. The chart tells you everything you need to know.

Price moves first,
for fundemental reasons,
based on economics.

Viks

HAHA WS.. i used to love maths too for some reason, even tho everyone else hated it... not that im a boffin.. Did A-Level Maths and stats too which did my head in but got through it... Mind you that was over 10 years ago...

HAHA WS.. i used to love maths too for some reason, even tho everyone else hated it... not that im a boffin.. Did A-Level Maths and stats too which did my head in but got through it... Mind you that was over 10 years ago...

yes I did A-level maths too ...lved it!!

I did

Mechanics, 1,2,3
Pure maths 1,2 and stats 1

I don't know why i chose to do economics as a degree and ended up doing an IT job in the end so i could trade from home !!! haha.....

I don't look at fundementals much at all I would only use it to know there will be movements in the market at that time so keep a close eye.
I believe more in technical analysis. The chart tells you everything you need to know.

Price moves first,
for fundemental reasons,
based on economics.

Viks

I agree..........

OK guys......

I am going to start to shorting the S&P around the 720-725 area as stated earlier!!

I am surprised it has come this far!!

yes I did A-level maths too ...lved it!!

I did

Mechanics, 1,2,3
Pure maths 1,2 and stats 1

I don't know why i chose to do economics as a degree and ended up doing an IT job in the end so i could trade from home !!! haha.....
Yea thats what i done,,, mechanics, pure maths n stats,,, lots of number crunching. etc. then done law at uni and juggled with jobs in IT and Finance too.. Worked for CIS and Co-p Bank in Manchester years ago then moved to Lloyds TSB, quit that and moved into IT for a finance co. and just got hooked onto their trading floor until they had to relocate. Good experience and loved Manchester.