Lord Anton Kreil

My point is very clear , that the first thing a trader has to learn is psychology

No. When people don't learn economics is what causes them to believe taking loss allows them to make profit. Loss is opposite of profit.

Psychology is as useful as juggling balls is to trading. These things are unrelated to trading and should be put aside.

He could probably teach correct size. With that, it might give someone a chance. To find the correct size by one self could take years otherwise.

But trading successfully involve multiple factors. To make it in retail, the edge needed is significantly larger than what a typical bank trader joe has. This is the reason Anton don't trade for himself outside of a bank.

From joetroscoe's responses, I just have to conclude Anton offers only a marginal edge that would not be adequate for retail success.

Size is like a pussy in the trader's mind , size expands or contracts depending on mindsets i.e emotions , revenge , frustrations , stress response , self sabotage and mistake etc.Just take 1 % or less risk on every trade.

Following the behavior of stock market indices is an edge , i.e buy the dips , it has worked for donkeys years.Any retail trader can use it and trader does not need to be in a bank.Traders need to learn how to use this edge/behavior to profit.

My own experience shows consistent profits weekly.

The course was not designed to produce something spectacular. It is not one of those turn 100 dollars into 100K in 3 months. It is designed to grind out a monthly return, month after month. You are correct in that the very nature of the structure is meant to manage risk by keeping position sizes in check and using various hedging strategies to hedge out risk. I say that calling out a trade is meaningless because even if I call out a 20% winner, it does not reflect the rest of my portfolio, which could be underwater this week. It also opens me up to answering a bunch of questions about how and why I put on the trade, and so on. I am unwilling to be specific about the mechanics behind any trade that I would call out. So, therefore, saying I was long or short anything without a broker statement is just boasting, which is what everyone loves to do on these types of forums. It also begins to drift away from the topic of the thread. As far as chances for success, the best traders in the world have a 50% strike rate on average. 55/45 is about as good as you are going to get. That said, over time, 51% success after commissions is all you need to be comfortable over the course of your lifetime.

I have not even asked you for a call out and you are going all defensive. This is revealing. But don't call out if you don't wan't to. I am not the call out police who will put you in jail for refusing to comply.

Even if you didn't state the win rate you aspire for, I could deduce it from your other responses. This is the reason I use the call out pressure. It quickly gets me the info I need to do an assessment.

50% win rate is nothing spectacular. This might be good enough when a bank advantage is behind it. But it won't get you far in retail if your edge is only marginal.

One thing I am suspicious about their making you believe it will take years to know if you are successful is they are only dragging you along in order to make profit from broker referral fees.

If the edge they give you is as small as to be barely perceptible, then the chance for later success in retail is zero. So you would be wise to grab any chance you get to get into a bank/institute. I suspect that would be rather difficult. Bank/institute will not take you unless you demonstrate better than mundane profitability.

Then why are you not rich ? Maybe they are just demo pips.

The problem is controlling size , which you advocate can done so easily , as do all the gurus and teachers.

When you go into battle , in a war , try to control the size of the blows on the enemy .Just tickle the enemy on size , you will win.

The problem is controlling size , which you advocate can done so easily , as do all the gurus and teachers.

When you go into battle , in a war , try to control the size of the blows on the enemy .Just tickle the enemy on size , you will win.

You are not answering my question. Why are you not rich if you win every week ?

I often win by ignoring the enemy. When they puffed, and huffed with no effect, they then pack up and go home. This makes economic sense, time is money. The sooner they stop doing something useless, the sooner they resume making profit.

Let us assume , for discussion , beginner Joe's lack of knowledge.You don't need Anton.

Take a look at this chart , buy the dips , there are hundreds of opportunities on the dips .There is an entry every week and almost every day.It is not possible , as a trader , to sit for 6 months waiting for Anton's entry and size.You don't need to work for a bank to make money.#

Most retail is educated by the blind , because so many can't do.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    651.2 KB · Views: 241
I have not even asked you for a call out and you are going all defensive. This is revealing. But don't call out if you don't wan't to. I am not the call out police who will put you in jail for refusing to comply.

Even if you didn't state the win rate you aspire for, I could deduce it from your other responses. This is the reason I use the call out pressure. It quickly gets me the info I need to do an assessment.

50% win rate is nothing spectacular. This might be good enough when a bank advantage is behind it. But it won't get you far in retail if your edge is only marginal.

One thing I am suspicious about their making you believe it will take years to know if you are successful is they are only dragging you along in order to make profit from broker referral fees.

If the edge they give you is as small as to be barely perceptible, then the chance for later success in retail is zero. So you would be wise to grab any chance you get to get into a bank/institute. I suspect that would be rather difficult. Bank/institute will not take you unless you demonstrate better than mundane profitability.

Your "edge" is not a mathematical constant, it's effectively a random variable that will change in response to hundreds of other economic variables changing. What retail traders are doing is watching the dice being rolled, waiting until the six comes, then going yaaaayyyy I finally have my edge, let's go baby! They turn away, and start trading on the basis of that six they've just rolled. Meanwhile, behind their backs, the dice is still being rolled in perpetuity throwing up ever-changing edges.

You need to study the dice, measure all the velocities and angles at the moment it is thrown, read up on the laws of motion, and use physics to predict where the dice will come to rest. That's the same approach you need to trading, and how the best hedge funds and investment banks do it.

Let us assume , for discussion , beginner Joe's lack of knowledge.You don't need Anton.

Take a look at this chart , buy the dips , there are hundreds of opportunities on the dips .There is an entry every week and almost every day.It is not possible , as a trader , to sit for 6 months waiting for Anton's entry and size.You don't need to work for a bank to make money.#

Most retail is educated by the blind , because so many can't do.

You are still avoiding my question.

The chart is useless and only good for fooling the beginners. The markets move according to positions. It is not possible to buy the dips because the dips are designed to take out all the longs. If you are long you are dead. This could explain why you are not rich because you continue to die on each dip.

You are not answering my question. Why are you not rich if you win every week ?

I often win by ignoring the enemy. When they puffed, and huffed with no effect, they then pack up and go home. This makes economic sense, time is money. The sooner they stop doing something useless, the sooner they resume making profit.

The enemy inside gives it back to the market , so I am trying to retrain the enemy within.

You are still avoiding my question.

The chart is useless and only good for fooling the beginners. The markets move according to positions. It is not possible to buy the dips because the dips are designed to take out all the longs. If you are long you are dead. This could explain why you are not rich because you continue to die on each dip.

I buy and hold the dips ,then it rises and hands me money , with daily , weekly and monthly options .That is how I make money.

You need to learn to read charts.

The enemy inside gives it back to the market , so I am trying to retrain the enemy within.

Waste of effort. You don't have what it takes and that's the truth. Do Anton's course, you will benefit from it because at the moment, you don't even have the most-basic in place.

Waste of effort. You don't have what it takes and that's the truth. Do Anton's course, you will benefit from it because at the moment, you don't even have the most-basic in place.

A psychological rewiring course would be better , I go to a trader's laboratory to fix
the psychological enemy.

It is the wrong course for me.

A psychological rewiring course would be better , I go to a trader's laboratory to fix
the psychological enemy.

Go do that if it makes you happy. But I can foresee it will make no difference. The problem is the inability to understand economics and the inability to understand the markets.

You are suffering from a curve fitter's syndrome: when you win, you think your magic curve fitting did it. When you lose, you think your magic curve fitting didn't do it. This is for people grasping at straws.

Let me be blunt, curve fitting doesn't work. The market prices are driven by positions alone. The moment you take a position, you would have altered the future course of the price.

Last edited:
Not sure what the fuss is about if folks want to know about antons basic course its online - i got it and it cost no money whatsoever . So i watched it over and over because i was a loser b4 i came across the ptm and fxptm. Has it helped yes massively - why ? because i believed in it . what did i get from it -

1. keep up with what the central banks are trying to communicate . e.g. ecb & DRAGHI currently believe that they have reached there inflation target (close to 2%) and fell they have basically done a good job - Now This for a newbie trader without any experience in economics is pretty difficult to apply to markets - even though ecb feel inflation target is reached is not useful unless you know how to interpretate what the narrative of the ECB and what CPI PPI & core CPI data, growth data, trade data etc & understanding this WILL move the interest differentials and fx currency pairs to get this view is difficult for new traders with no economic experience , they will need to look at the history of the data and make sense of it whilst understanding the central banks narrative at the same time (i believe its this that separates winners from the losing retail traders)

I personally did not think this is where Antons course would of taken me BUT it did ...and if your serious new traders MUST also be taken down the same road as me to have a chance of being profitable. its not impossible if you can get up the learning curve you would see that ecb have a bad track record when it comes to inflation and as low inflation was the reason for them cutting the interest rates, if you look back in time i think it was trichet in 2008 and look at CPI data then YOU SHOULD be able to see that there is some comparable to be drawn i.e. timing is terrible and not much understanding of the oil dynamics on the economy that currently the ECB face today SO at this point with a little knowledge (NOT Soley a chart) you begin to get a view of what the next steps central banks are likely going to take.. and hey presto you start to do some more reading and you discover that you can formulate your OWN view at this point Anton course kinda implies you start learning how interest differentials are going to shift and confirm or deny your view which will also show up in the currency positioning just adding conviction or not to Your view but the point is you have a view/theme that will last longer than a week . 'BIG UP YA SELF'

The course will imply that now you need to get some good ideas to trade your view and then these ideas go a watch list you just keep tracking your view and price action of your ideas by listening to what central banks are saying and generally keeping up on the data points that are released .. all this is very time consuming , requires discipline but if a newtrader wants to give them self the best chance of not losing money then they really need to get the course of the internet for FREE and study/work hard at it .

Now is actually a great time to have this process some great opportunities are just around the corner but if you have no process at all for getting a view and finding ideas its going to be difficult to take advantage and if you don't retail traders will just fall back into the day trading with a chart where they make a point here and there but ultimately blow up accounts- JUST BECAUSE they have no big picture back drop to work from . Its not easy but its doable the frame work anton lays out is useful if you are serious about wanting to trade the market and willing to put in effort - IM thick as pig sh1t i think i got a GCSE FROM SCHOOL and i have done ok this year Still down overall but the improvement has been massive for me because the framework i follow AND remember i cost me nothing and anton does not show you how to do it you have to still figure it out he just gives you a frame work to keep things in order thats it . not worth the money he wants for it .

im bored now lol took me fookin ages to type this hope it makes sense

Go do that if it makes you happy. But I can foresee it will make no difference. The problem is the inability to understand economics and the inability to understand the markets.

You are suffering from a curve fitter's syndrome: when you win, you think your magic curve fitting did it. When you lose, you think your magic curve fitting didn't do it. This is for people grasping at straws.

Let me be blunt, curve fitting doesn't work. The market prices are driven by positions alone. The moment you take a position, you would have altered the future course of the price.

Sure , NEW TRADERS should understand this , I will hide all my psychology threads from them , so they buy Anton's course.

You guys have been battling it out all day. Good job. Seriously. Now let's bash heads and combine forces to make money starting from 11pm tonight. Good luck all.

Lee

You lost me. I was not being defensive. I was simply stating that making a call on a trade shows nothing. It is one trade. Now if I gave you a years worth of calls you might have a large enough data set to infer something.

The Institute does not take broker kickbacks, and there is no such thing as an edge. Markets in stocks are no different than any other market.