Hey Willyboy! Stick this up yer Anton Kreil!

well seeing as I have no money in my spread bet account, other than lulz, what other purpose can I serve on t2w? aside from the occasional bit of accountancy or tax advice of course.

well you could start teaching yerself to trade old chap, I have a pretty good theory how you could do so

I'm all ears...or eyes as is the case

Well, give up the nonsense TA, charting, all that **** that 95% of the losers here do and start having a go at making a market. Sadly you can't do that on your budge on any "real" market... but you CAN do that on betfair with a tool like geek's toy or something. Trading off nothing other than order flow.

Do that a lot and start getting good at it... the skills are very much the same to transfer onto futures...

Friend of mine does this on Betfair on the nags, he has some sort of momentum system going, makes most of his money before they even start.

Friend of mine does this on Betfair on the nags, he has some sort of momentum system going, makes most of his money before they even start.

yeah you can't realistically trade in running on anything with much money in from home, there are some serious set ups out there!

scouse read my blog its good for learner traders with not lots of money for trading!

it's scose :D

Seen it mate and already have my own bunch of market assumptions and all the rest of it. Problem is I do not currently possess the skills i believe I need to trade in a way that is consistent with my beliefs.

I actually do okay on demo accounts with TA but when I take it live I get gamblers panic because deep down I know I believe that it's mostly hogwash but I'll not go into too much detail here.

Order flow stuff is interesting but don't have the capability or the funds so it's not a feasible approach.

been considering all the above lately, hence the sig.

Seen it mate and already have my own bunch of market assumptions and all the rest of it. Problem is I do not currently possess the skills i believe I need to trade in a way that is consistent with my beliefs.

I actually do okay on demo accounts with TA but when I take it live I get gamblers panic because deep down I know I believe that it's mostly hogwash but I'll not go into too much detail here.

Order flow stuff is interesting but don't have the capability or the funds so it's not a feasible approach.

oh :|

but scose no doubt doesnt even ryme!

anyway about my blog its not finished just watch :) ignore when people say "charting is BS" because all they mean is "i think charting is BS it goes against my beliefs!"

there is not 95% chartist is same as 95% losers but more 95% losers because of all BS oin the websites and internet and 95 dont do proper route to trading just buy and sell till no money left.

And what about my suggestion nobbus jockeyus?

TA can work but i know what you mean scose, it can feel like it's only a matter of time before 'reality' kicks in and the 'hogwash' is dumped... if you didn't gamble would you be up?

Which is different to trading with leverage how?

Let's face it, Islam, like all other religions I'm aware of, is a load of crap. Seriously.

But I'm sure you can find some kerazzy religious loophole to let you trade on betfair. Otherwise explain to me how a derivative for speculative purposes ain't a bet...

To each, his own, mr nights.

As for speculative derivative trading, I've never said it's not betting in a roundabout way. Never said it was permissible either.

To each, his own, mr nights.

As for speculative derivative trading, I've never said it's not betting in a roundabout way. Never said it was permissible either.

Right... so if you're going to spread bet, what's the difference with betfair? ESPECIALLY if it has a long term purpose of getting you able to trade properly in the long run...

So you're now saying he didn't work at goldman and JP?
What b*llocks, BS.
http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/indivHistory.do?sid=409061

At the end of the day, the guy's no mug. Whether he will teach anything of any value on he course is debatable but tbh if I had money, I'd take the chance. Alas, poverty is a cruel, dictating master.

Nope, I'm suggesting that he could easily exaggerate his 'achievements' and positions held there...

Nope, I'm suggesting that he could easily exaggerate his 'achievements' and positions held there...

I know someone who'd worked with him in his JPM days (it came up when he was on that TV programme a year or two back), and said he was a reasonable guy on the desk - not one of the real stars, but no muppet either. Bearing in mind the level of the average, that suggests he was a decent trader.

As to motivation to do what he's doing now, I know a lot of guys who made their fortunes, 'retired', got bored as hell after six months on a beach, and have come back into niche jobs that still keep them involved in the market but aren't as draining as a full time IB or hedge fund role. Maybe he's the same.