Hey Willyboy! Stick this up yer Anton Kreil!

He's an IB trader, what can he pass on to a retail person? It's another world, the two have very few similarities.

Market assumptions? Practical/trade-able economic theory? Professional attitude towards risk? Insider info?

Could be a lot of things.

Could be a lot of things.

If he's passing on the same info to a couple of hundred other mug punters in the same room then its unlikely to be anything of much value :LOL:

FFS why would you waste your time fannying about with dunces when there's money to be made (and dont come back with some riduculous argument that he could pull in paltry amounts of risk free cash selling courses to muppets)

If he could make money trading, he'd be doing it, and I can guarentee he wouldnt have either the time or inclination to be ****ing about on the weekends doing this kind of ****.

I dont blame him for cashing in on his 15 minutes of fame, I'd do the same in his position, maybe he's just trying to get a decent stake together after a few years ****ing about, if so good luck to him.

If he's passing on the same info to a couple of hundred other mug punters in the same room then its unlikely to be anything of much value :LOL:

So would you apply that principle to university degrees?

FFS why would you waste your time fannying about with dunces when there's money to be made (and dont come back with some riduculous argument that he could pull in paltry amounts of risk free cash selling courses to muppets)

Paltry amounts? If he averages 6 punters a weekend for 48 weeks that's 144k? I don't know what world you live in but where I'm from nobody would call that paltry.

If he could make money trading, he'd be doing it, and I can guarentee he wouldnt have either the time or inclination to be ****ing about on the weekends doing this kind of ****.

So how do you know he's not running a personal portfolio and making money?

I read somewhere that George Soros trades for like 20min a day. You don't have to be constantly sitting in front of a computer to be making money from the markets.

I dont blame him for cashing in on his 15 minutes of fame, I'd do the same in his position, maybe he's just trying to get a decent stake together after a few years ****ing about, if so good luck to him.

Agreed.

Still think he could have something useful to say.
Would you guys say gammajammer and martinghoul have nothing useful to offer retail punters?

So imagine if his advert read as follows.

I trained 10 people for two weeks to be million dollar traders. None of them were successful and none progressed to a career in trading. Now I want to offer you the chance to do the same thing. Just pay me x pounds and I'll teach you everything I taught them.

The trouble is that the arc of reality TV sensationalism meets the orbit of the overblown claims of trading education vendors somewhere outside the ellipse of everyday reality.

This need have no bearing on judgements about the more modest claims of less showy traders-turned-educators.

It sounds like he was a market maker. That is a very different kettle of fish from prop trading. Unless he has managed his own money (or someone else's) in a purely proprietary fashion for at least two years, his information may be of little value to a retail punter.

It sounds like he was a market maker. That is a very different kettle of fish from prop trading. Unless he has managed his own money (or someone else's) in a purely proprietary fashion for at least two years, his information may be of little value to a retail punter.

Yeah, he started off as a market maker at Goldman. Did well at that and the moved into Goldman's prop desk. Eventually, he was managing the pan-european equities long/short prop desk.

Yeah, he started off as a market maker at Goldman. Did well at that and the moved into Goldman's prop desk. Eventually, he was managing the pan-european equities long/short prop desk.

If that's the case, he's no slouch.. Goldman doesn't employ dummies.

If that's the case, he's no slouch.. Goldman doesn't employ dummies.

As an experiment why not try saying you worked for Goldmans and see if you can get away with it, given they've employed 100K different beings over the past couple of decades and really don't give a damn I reckon you'd have a very good chance of pulling it off...

Heh, did I ever tell you about my five years at Lehman?

As an experiment why not try saying you worked for Goldmans and see if you can get away with it, given they've employed 100K different beings over the past couple of decades and really don't give a damn I reckon you'd have a very good chance of pulling it off...

Heh, did I ever tell you about my five years at Lehman?

So you're now saying he didn't work at goldman and JP?
What b*llocks, BS.
http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/indivHistory.do?sid=409061

At the end of the day, the guy's no mug. Whether he will teach anything of any value on he course is debatable but tbh if I had money, I'd take the chance. Alas, poverty is a cruel, dictating master.

Last edited:
That CV is a bit sketchy. Why did he leave JP in 07, that's slightly odd.

http://www.antonkreil.com/about/

This says he merely worked on the Goldman equity desk, not that he ran it. It also says he was a VP at JP by the age of 26 - this is nothing out of the ordinary.

Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Apparently, he became disillusioned with the city. Something to do with a culture of hiring muppets paying them vast sums for and taking huge and what he calls non(un?)-calculated risks and that this led him to believe the bubble was going to burst so he f*cked off.