Lord Anton Kreil

There are different. We are 2 separate people, and i don't do any promo account. This is separate than the group of KasFX.

Hedging

Can anyone who's taken the course explain this to me ?

Why does he spend so much time 'drilling from the top down' to find the state of the economy, then the most profitable sector to invest in ...... but then ultimately remove all sector gain by hedging his investments

Every trade is hedged, for example Goldman Sachs Long, JP Morgan short

So what you have is just one company's performance against another. It doesn't even matter if the sector goes up or down, as long as GS goes up more than JPM, or JPM goes down more than GS, then there would be profit.

So what is the point in researching the economy, and finding a sector you think there will be growth. In the above example it doesn't matter what happens to the banking sector, because all the risk (and the benefit) of investing in that sector has been removed. It's just two companies competing against each other

Why does he spend so much time 'drilling from the top down' to find the state of the economy, then the most profitable sector to invest in ...... but then ultimately remove all sector gain by hedging his investments

So what you have is just one company's performance against another. It doesn't even matter if the sector goes up or down, as long as GS goes up more than JPM, or JPM goes down more than GS, then there would be profit.

So what is the point in researching the economy, and finding a sector you think there will be growth. In the above example it doesn't matter what happens to the banking sector, because all the risk (and the benefit) of investing in that sector has been removed. It's just two companies competing against each other

The example you cited involves going long/short two stocks in the same sector, which is probably one of the more conservative ways to hedge. You can also hedge cross sector (higher risk/reward) as well as cross market (even higher risk/reward). It all depends on your risk appetite and world view of where markets, sectors, and equities will be in the next 3-6 months.

to baffle monkeys and morons to sign up to his holiday outings

He is a charlatan pure and simple. No, a totally disgusting slimeball.

Many really successful traders WILL give away their methods and techniques for free. (Just have a look around, if you havent already).

Amusingly, the Open Source community where so much useful stuff is free has always been rife with shyshters who re-package free systems for immoral profits. Put a good system on GitHub and the first contacts would be marketers saying, "take it off... we can sell it!"

I wouldn't be so conteptuous of him, if he put his re-cycled garbage in a book and sold it for $10. I might even praise him then. But $10,000 mentoring?
And the 'good' Lord is a millionaire? Yeah right.

He is a charlatan pure and simple. No, a totally disgusting slimeball.

Many really successful traders WILL give away their methods and techniques for free. (Just have a look around, if you havent already).

Amusingly, the Open Source community where so much useful stuff is free has always been rife with shyshters who re-package free systems for immoral profits. Put a good system on GitHub and the first contacts would be marketers saying, "take it off... we can sell it!"

I wouldn't be so conteptuous of him, if he put his re-cycled garbage in a book and sold it for $10. I might even praise him then. But $10,000 mentoring?
And the 'good' Lord is a millionaire? Yeah right.

Personally I see no problem with him charging a fee for his courses and other services. I've bought both his courses and am more than satisfied with what I paid for.

Hello, I watch the PTM series and have some questions:
Is anybody here who trading by this? Or similar principles to It? How are the results.
Some of you wrote about indicators for world view as just absolute basic. What would you suggest to check and how to generate ideas from that?
There are also some new videos of Anton and other traders around him from “super conference”, have anyone seen them?

Last edited:
I watched the TV series when it first went out. I haven't taken this course. It might be brilliant. But if Anton is a great private trader, why does he need a second job?

I watched the TV series when it first went out. I haven't taken this course. It might be brilliant. But if Anton is a great private trader, why does he need a second job?

Clearly there's a business component to what he is doing in terms of selling the courses and mentoring, but from meeting him, I also get the sense of a bit of altruism to help introduce retail traders to methods used by professional investment bank and hedge fund traders. After taking the course and meeting him, I have nothing but positive things to say about both

Clearly there's a business component to what he is doing in terms of selling the courses and mentoring, but from meeting him, I also get the sense of a bit of altruism to help introduce retail traders to methods used by professional investment bank and hedge fund traders. After taking the course and meeting him, I have nothing but positive things to say about both

Well, on face value, all credit to anyone who wishes to see the failure rate of novice traders reduce from the 90 or whatever % it is currently. But selling something at a high price so that more people can have access to it doesn't make sense to my narrow mind. And my word, this message would reach far more newbie traders if it was free, say via a YouTube channel - or maybe even a traders' forum.

I am distrustful of all traders who turn trainers, I know nothing negative about Anton.

Well, on face value, all credit to anyone who wishes to see the failure rate of novice traders reduce from the 90 or whatever % it is currently. But selling something at a high price so that more people can have access to it doesn't make sense to my narrow mind. And my word, this message would reach far more newbie traders if it was free, say via a YouTube channel - or maybe even a traders' forum.

I am distrustful of all traders who turn trainers, I know nothing negative about Anton.

Stop interrupting hypersky. Tom. We are awaiting a more praise post at any time now for krell

N

Hello,

I have been told by someone who took the course that it is completely not worth it,

For 3000 $ he will basically tell you almost the same thing as what you can find in this book for 25$

The Secrets of Economic Indicators: Hidden Clues to Future Economic Trends and Investment Opportunities (3rd Edition): Bernard Baumohl: 9780132932073: Amazon.com: Books

Actually the book covers more macro indicators than he does in his videos.

I dont think that someone should be paid 3000$ for explaining what each indicator means for the economy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK0FJfkWzyY&list=PLCaSslcgotJtz9OkIquBU1lp6soPLxOmm&index=4

this is what the guy did as a professional investment banker or whatever he was.
90% of the time client schmoozing 'hey i think this company might do well cos PEE/E .........host of other ratios/sales look good' then clients might buy some stock.he executes trade for a nice commision and front runs the order too.
i think he knows very little about trading apart from the basics which you can learn for free or you can pay him 10k if you have more money than sense.
day traders are monkeys and morons(according to him) yet hes wanting you to learn what IB's do. something you could only do if you had the infrastructure of an IB and trillions in assets
i really hope not too many people are caught in parting with their money to charlatan educators but maybe only the deserving

Hello,

I have been told by someone who took the course that it is completely not worth it,

For 3000 $ he will basically tell you almost the same thing as what you can find in this book for 25$

The Secrets of Economic Indicators: Hidden Clues to Future Economic Trends and Investment Opportunities (3rd Edition): Bernard Baumohl: 9780132932073: Amazon.com: Books

Actually the book covers more macro indicators than he does in his videos.

I dont think that someone should be paid 3000$ for explaining what each indicator means for the economy.

Sounds like the $25 book at Amazon would be the best option for you in that case.

tbh I thought he was just selling extravagant package holidays for the boys... those boys who clearly don't have any similarly minded mates of their own to go away with!

I see where you are coming from, they should rename it to Institute of Leisure and Tourism Management,

The followers of this guy have no idea that he is outside Investment Banks because his skillset is not required there, proprietary traders like him are out of business because of the Dodd Frank Act, he basically can never be hired again in the same position he was operating and his skill set is not transferable. What I am saying is justified by his constant flaming and criticism of Investment Banks. Feels like hes holding a grudge.

Now someone can tell me ya he still can go to hedge funds, no he cant, the main types of Hedge Funds in todays market are the below:

1- Quantitative Funds (including event driven etc..): Emphasis on Coding and Data Science
2- Value/Investing Style: Decisions will be made by the fund manager only and this is a different style of investing than the Prop Trading style, this is based around analysts presenting ideas to the fund manager so Traders are required for EXECUTION Only.

In other words, in the Professional Finance Market, no one will give him a portfolio to day trade/ swing trade / invest over the short term horizon except if he opened his own prop firm/fund.

Solution?

Sell Education to uneducated retail traders who fantasize about his Sales Pitch: I was a legend at Goldman Sachs, I knew one guy who used to make millions blablabla.

I really have nothing against this guy but he does **** me off big time by his course's price (it is up to him anyway, seems like he is finding willing buyers at that price which is nuts) and his marketing material.

Just look at his "ITS TIME TO GET KREIL" brand for his conferences, one should be really an idiot to join a guy that is marketing like a retard with such titles.

the pitch is "Hey people in your country are poor and dont know how to invest so they need me to retire". Wrong.

I know a lot of people who can retire even though they never had investment portfolios and 0 knowledge of finance. My uncle sells towels and has more money than this guy.

Sounds like the $25 book at Amazon would be the best option for you in that case.

Why waste 25$? Let alone 3000$.

Even websites like investopedia and investing.com explain every economic indicator for free.

So trust me, for someone's who's done the CFA, I can certify you that whatever Lord Anton thought you about stocks isn't a piece of the pie and will make you look like an absolute idiot talking about your world view and how you predict stocks direction to hedge funds.

Did you really think no one knew except Anton that if NFP is green and PMIs are green you should short the market?

Why waste 25$? Let alone 3000$.

Even websites like investopedia and investing.com explain every economic indicator for free.

So trust me, for someone's who's done the CFA, I can certify you that whatever Lord Anton thought you about stocks isn't a piece of the pie and will make you look like an absolute idiot talking about your world view and how you predict stocks direction to hedge funds.

Did you really think no one knew except Anton that if NFP is green and PMIs are green you should short the market?

Out of curiousity have you taken either of his two courses ?

Last edited:
Out of curiousity have you taken either of this two courses ?

Nope but a close friend of mine took it and told me about the content.

Needless to say, he regrets every dollar wasted.

I did watch a couple of his youtube videos claiming how he can get you in Hedge Funds blablabla.

to get in those places you have to be a career finance guy, with the right high class education + summer internships + Analyst positions in Bulge Brackets + specialize in a coverage group for an industry + interview with headhunters for lateral moves to Buy side specialized in the same sector you covered as an analyst for 2~3 years.

NOT THROUGH THE INSTITUTE OF TRAVEL MANAGEMENT

Nope but a close friend of mine took it and told me about the content.

Needless to say, he regrets every dollar wasted.

I did watch a couple of his youtube videos claiming how he can get you in Hedge Funds blablabla.

to get in those places you have to be a career finance guy, with the right high class education + summer internships + Analyst positions in Bulge Brackets + specialize in a coverage group for an industry + interview with headhunters for lateral moves to Buy side specialized in the same sector you covered as an analyst for 2~3 years.

NOT THROUGH THE INSTITUTE OF TRAVEL MANAGEMENT

Not necessarily. Who you know still counts for a lot in the City. If Anton was well respected at Goldmans or wherever he ruled the world from, his colleagues who are still in the business may accept Anton's recommendation for a budding hotshot.

I still interview people for roles that have been recommended to me from trusted friends. These people would never have gotten an interview with me through the normal selection channels but some have gone on to do very well for me and themselves.

Although a route to trading through Oxford and internships at E&Y, Morgan Stanley or any other tier 1 firm is one plan, knowing people that 'know people' is still another way.