liquid capital

I guess even you can pass the two tests, you may not be invited for interview. After you pass the test, they will look over your cv, your education, your experience...then they will decide who to bring for interview...

thanks for your reply man..i'll make it hopefully

thanks for your reply man..i'll make it hopefully

No problem. Good luck with the tests!!!!
Have you done the SHL numerical test? What it is like? Have they changed the version? Is it the same questions with those investment banks?

did the test earlier on today. Its standard math questions but to be honest I think its too many questions for like 20 min and I am quite good in math!
not really happy with the test as I only managed to answer almost half of the questions and had to just give in random answers for the rest due to time restriction. Not really holding my breath for a call back or anything.
good lukc
cyrus

did the test earlier on today. Its standard math questions but to be honest I think its too many questions for like 20 min and I am quite good in math!
not really happy with the test as I only managed to answer almost half of the questions and had to just give in random answers for the rest due to time restriction. Not really holding my breath for a call back or anything.
good lukc
cyrus

Thank you so much for telling us your experience!
Yeah, I know there are too many 21 min for 21 questions this kind of SHL style, but I know not long before the 21 questions were actually almost the same questions no matter which investment bank use SHL to test candidates. However at the moment the 21 questions seem to have changed, havn't they? So did you find it different questions from the old ones? Anyway wish you good luck for other companies!!

hey
some questions are the same but there some new ones. I have done a lot of similar tests (not for jobs, mostly for uni and before that) and the trick is to NOT spend more than a min on each question. If one min is passed LEAVE the question and do the other one. this will increase your chances. I didnt listen to my own advice earlier on and spent like 4 min :O on first questions and therefore lost lot of time. I answered some questions in less than 10 sec therefore I managed to save sometime and answer like 50% of questions.
This was just a long shot for me as I start another training next week, lets hope they dont use any SHL questions!!! :D

cheers

hey
some questions are the same but there some new ones. I have done a lot of similar tests (not for jobs, mostly for uni and before that) and the trick is to NOT spend more than a min on each question. If one min is passed LEAVE the question and do the other one. this will increase your chances. I didnt listen to my own advice earlier on and spent like 4 min :O on first questions and therefore lost lot of time. I answered some questions in less than 10 sec therefore I managed to save sometime and answer like 50% of questions.
This was just a long shot for me as I start another training next week, lets hope they dont use any SHL questions!!! :D

cheers

Hi man, thank you very much!!! Don't worry, I wish you the best. I know they changed the version of 21 questions because I did the 8 practice SHL questions before the real one. The 8 practice questions were entirely different from the old ones and looked more difficult than the old ones.

Also got an e-mail inviting me to take a test online. Have been practising tests based on the materials I found on t2w (Kent uni, efinancialcareers, etc) and I am amazed at how much I can improve my score based on a little practice.

Goes to show even someone as terrible at Maths as me can do well with enough time and effort.

just did the SHL numerical test which was very different from the old 21 min for 21 questions test. It was 25 minutes for 18 questions. I spent 25 minutes. That was way too slow and I'm sure you have to complete it within 18 minutes to pass. I feel so depressed. My stupid neighbour turned on stupid music, very noisy, while I was doing the test. So disappointing. Anyway, good luck everyone.

SHL test

dont worry about it. Im an engineer and only managed to do 50% of the questions! Ive been told by a friend of mine who has taken lots of these tests recently that the passing score is usually very low. They know its very hard to answer all those questions in short time. I was well depressed after the test but just try to cheer up. :)

good luck
cyrus

just did the SHL numerical test which was very different from the old 21 min for 21 questions test. It was 25 minutes for 18 questions. I spent 25 minutes. That was way too slow and I'm sure you have to complete it within 18 minutes to pass. I feel so depressed. My stupid neighbour turned on stupid music, very noisy, while I was doing the test. So disappointing. Anyway, good luck everyone.

dont worry about it. Im an engineer and only managed to do 50% of the questions! Ive been told by a friend of mine who has taken lots of these tests recently that the passing score is usually very low. They know its very hard to answer all those questions in short time. I was well depressed after the test but just try to cheer up. :)

good luck
cyrus

Hi Cyrus, thanks a lot!!
Have you got reply from Liquid Capital?

No, I havent. But Ive been told that they takes ages to reply. some one on this forum mentioned they called him like almost a month later when he was at another job!!
Their email said that group interviews should take place mid april in their offices in london so I would think they should contact people regarding the second test sometime in the next couple of weeks.

cyrus

Hi Cyrus, thanks a lot!!
Have you got reply from Liquid Capital?

Hey mnsatrader could you give me an example of the shl tests u have done yesterday please? I'm gonna do that tomorrow
thanks in advance

Hey mnsatrader could you give me an example of the shl tests u have done yesterday please? I'm gonna do that tomorrow
thanks in advance

Hi rudolfo, it was all about " production decrease by 20% next year "this kind of stuff, each question is a bit long so I don't remember any entire example. Good luck!!

shl test

Hi, how was it going with your numeric test? I haven't got any reply.

Hello guys,i've done the test ...25 minutes 18 questions ...i managed to anwer all of them but not sure of some...tough test anyway how about u guys?Anyclue when we are going to receive feedback from liquid?

Hello guys,i've done the test ...25 minutes 18 questions ...i managed to anwer all of them but not sure of some...tough test anyway how about u guys?Anyclue when we are going to receive feedback from liquid?

How many minutes did you spend? No feedback at all at the moment.

it wasnt a hard test...it just had a lot of side notes and you must read the side notes to answer the questions. The other SHL tests don't have that many side notes which is why i think it was 18 in 25.. There are about 40% of questions which take seconds to do, then the ones with sidenotes take like 2 or 3 minutes to do. Completing the test isnt hard if you spend your time well on the easier questions. As someone said, the email states that the interviews are in mid-April therefore Im guessing that results will be out this week or next week.