Mako & Liquid Capital Assessment Centre on the same day!

SM2010

I just got an email today from Liquid Capital HR inviting me for the group interview and trading game on not only the same day as my Mako AC but also the same time. Both have said that they are the only days available and that rescheduling is not possible.

Is anyone else in the same boat? This has obviously pissed me off, as it means that I have to decline one of them which could have been a potential career opportunity.

racking my brains here but I can't think of anything you can do about it. You can't even point it out to either of them without sounding like you'd rather work for the other one!

Nothing you can do. They won't change their dates or interview you alone on another day.

Have to weigh it up and decide which you would rather work for.

Also, take into account how often they hire. I think Mako only take on grads once or twice a year, whereas Liquid have openings every few months from what I gather on T2W. So if you don't get an offer from Liquid now then you'll have to wait ages for another chance at interview with Mako. Whereas, if Mako don't make you an offer now then it's fairly likely Liquid will be having interviews in a few months.

Nothing you can do. They won't change their dates or interview you alone on another day.

Have to weigh it up and decide which you would rather work for.

Also, take into account how often they hire. I think Mako only take on grads once or twice a year, whereas Liquid have openings every few months from what I gather on T2W. So if you don't get an offer from Liquid now then you'll have to wait ages for another chance at interview with Mako. Whereas, if Mako don't make you an offer now then it's fairly likely Liquid will be having interviews in a few months.

Thanks... I will go to the Mako interview on the basis of what you have said and also on the basis that I received the invitation from Mako almost a week and a half ago and I already emailed them back confirming that I will attend. Just very annoying that I have to give up an interview given that there aren't that many junior trading roles available!

Does make you wonder if it's deliberate on their part.

Option 2 is the option of accepting both, then phoning one of them on the day to say that you've been hit by a bus or something to that effect, and so, much as you'd love to come to their assesment day / team brainwashing session / initiation rite or whatever it is, you simply can't, but could you come to the next one.

Just a thought.

If it's any consolation the Mako interview is good fun. Apparently the Liquid Cap process is more hardcore.

If it's any consolation the Mako interview is good fun. Apparently the Liquid Cap process is more hardcore.

Hey did anyone here do the assessment centre on Thursday 12th of August? Has anyone heard back yet, im still waiting I think it went well.

How did anyone else find it?