liquid capital

Hi guys

Richie - I will work on getting an interview with Liquid Capital. They are a very reputable company and I would love to have there input on student 2 trader.

Grenade - that quote sums up what I would say - perhaps we will work to build a small disclaimer on other pages, for those who miss it on the front page.

Regards
Damon

Hey, anyone in for the Trainee Trader Summer 2010? I did the SHL numerical, went pretty well I think, has anyone heard yet about the second Inductive Reasoning test yet? I haven't heard anything back. Deadline was April 30th for 1st test.

hi - anybody knows if the format for the paper-based tests has changed? still 35 qs in 20mins with background music this year?

cheers.

Has anyone recently applied for the Summer 2011 intake? I sent off an application form a few days ago - got thru the Optiver barrier test so really hoping I at least get the opportunity to do LC SHL tests. Am I right in saying that application response time is 2-3 weeks?

Has anyone recently applied for the Summer 2011 intake? I sent off an application form a few days ago - got thru the Optiver barrier test so really hoping I at least get the opportunity to do LC SHL tests. Am I right in saying that application response time is 2-3 weeks?

Yeah pretty much.... although they have a March 2011 intake before that I believe, so they will probably deal with those applications first (guessing!)

I applied for the Market Making trainee program, and got asked to go straight to an interview. Is this the tests?? nothing was mentioned of tests?

I applied for the Market Making trainee program, and got asked to go straight to an interview. Is this the tests?? nothing was mentioned of tests?

That's interesting - I just assumed that there would be some tests involved in line with other MMs but definite chance I am wrong about this. When did you apply and for what position/intake?

I applied for Summer Trainee Market Maker on 04/02/11 with Liquid Capital, have had confirmation of receipt of the app, and I chased them for any update, was told that I would here soon. Does it usually take this long?

I applied for Summer Trainee Market Maker on 04/02/11 with Liquid Capital, have had confirmation of receipt of the app, and I chased them for any update, was told that I would here soon. Does it usually take this long?

I applied in november and was invited to tests in February by which time I had another accepted another job offer. They didn't even reply when I chased them up in january so communication is not a strong point. Don't worry about them being slow. gl for when they get back to you!

So they didn't get back to you until they invited you to tests in February, from what I've read they do a lot of SHL tests and interviews... I did some work experience there in 2007 before going to university seems like a nice environment to work in but do you know what the starting salaries are etc?

I think they replied because I was chasing them up so much!

It seems like other major institutions wouldn't put you through there recruitment and selection methods...

I applied for Graduate trainee trader role back in November. They got back to me in Feburary for an interview with head of H.R. It was just a chat really, competency questions etc. That was on Feb. 10th. Haven't heard a peep since!!

I was wondering why everyone else is getting all these tests and all I had was a chat!!

Yeah not sure what they're upto, I emailed them and had a response back in early march that theyll be letting me know soon, but not sure whats taking so long, 2 months to view an application. I think they do it in batches. Have you chased them up?

Yeah not sure what they're upto, I emailed them and had a response back in early march that theyll be letting me know soon, but not sure whats taking so long, 2 months to view an application. I think they do it in batches. Have you chased them up?

Havent heard anything....really poor on their part I must say. Got an internship in quant research in Bank of America which is much more my scene than straight up trading, which is what I would be doing with LC. So I'm not too bothered tbh. Have you found anything?