liquid capital

I sent of my application for the January 25th trainee trader intake and then received an invite for 2 online shl tests: numerical and inductive reasoning. Completed both.

Please could someone confirm if the next round will be the trading game and tests (which kind?) in their offices?

Thanks in advance.

when did u apply ? i applied on monday ...

I sent of my application for the January 25th trainee trader intake and then received an invite for 2 online shl tests: numerical and inductive reasoning. Completed both.

Please could someone confirm if the next round will be the trading game and tests (which kind?) in their offices?

Thanks in advance.

Too late ychu066, I applied 6th December. They take 2-3 weeks to get back to you, and as the position begins on 25th January + the xmas holidays, you won't be hearing till 4th Jan by when many of us will have done our online tests and invitations for interviews will be sent out.

Too late ychu066, I applied 6th December. They take 2-3 weeks to get back to you, and as the position begins on 25th January + the xmas holidays, you won't be hearing till 4th Jan by when many of us will have done our online tests and invitations for interviews will be sent out.

which location did u apply ??

I would also like to know what happens if I pass through the two tests?
Is there a trading game and an interview?
What would they be like? Would both hold on the same day?

Thank you very much in advance for any comment.

ychu066,

I do not see why it matters to you, to where and for which position I have applied.

Good luck with your application.

My exam was pretty bad... the shl site was stuck and went down for almost 5mins saying it cannot connect to dbase due to overload but the exam I think was paused till i logged back in .. but i was thnking that the time might have been going on and panicked with my last half of questions.. so dunno how mine went at the end.. exam was pretty easy.. I just hope it was enough to scrape through ..

ychu066,

Obviously, sulkar applied to London, for its the only one mentioned that the position begins on 25th January (the intake for Jan is now closed)

help

i'm a comm law student in aus. i want to apply for optiver and tibra this year. prob is that i might now hav the backgrnd that they want. the vac work that i've done is all in fin related departments of top tier law firms (and hated it). is that going to look bad? i hv v good commerce marks, and some commerce-related experience (tutoring 1st years and a while in an office job)

also, do you know how many grad each take

regards

p.s. should i get my younger bro into finance (hes 14)? or should i back off for now?

Anyone here get an invitation to the next round?

Hi,

I haven't heard back from the SHL tests for the positions starting on Jan 25th. I think I haven't go through...2 weeks to do the next 2 stages is too far fetched for me. Did you hear anything?

Sulkar.

help

i'm a comm law student in aus. i want to apply for optiver and tibra this year. prob is that i might now hav the backgrnd that they want. the vac work that i've done is all in fin related departments of top tier law firms (and hated it). is that going to look bad? i hv v good commerce marks, and some commerce-related experience (tutoring 1st years and a while in an office job)

also, do you know how many grad each take

regards

p.s. should i get my younger bro into finance (hes 14)? or should i back off for now?

why not be a lawyer ? they learn alot more and recession -proof !!!
i failed my stage one comlaw 101 in NZ five times thats why i didnt take any comm law thereafter.

why not be a lawyer ? they learn alot more and recession -proof !!!
i failed my stage one comlaw 101 in NZ five times thats why i didnt take any comm law thereafter.

it's also interest-proof for me. and they don't earn all that much. and of course no two months training in Amsterdam :(

right now i'm worried that the law experience dont look good

Hi,

I haven't heard back from the SHL tests for the positions starting on Jan 25th. I think I haven't go through...2 weeks to do the next 2 stages is too far fetched for me. Did you hear anything?

Sulkar.

Same situation, anyone know if they only get in touch with people who passed?

Just received the invitation to group interview. 45 mins with a trading game. Have not decided which session I would attend.
Could anyone please tell me how I could prepare for it?

Lol i got rejected then cz i didnt get an email. Good luck to u! Wen r ur dates?

I found a pretty decent profile on liquid capital that could be used in an interview to show company knowledge: http://student2trader.com/traders_corner/company_profiles/liquid_capital

they've also got interview tips I found pretty useful
http://student2trader.com/howtobecomeatrader/interview

Can anyone provide specific detail on the types of questions liquid have been asking? I.e. is it integer sequences or diagramattical patterns etc?

Interesting site Grenade... I read the bios of the guys who put it together and neither of them are professional traders? Not sure they should be giving advice about getting a job in trading if they haven't been through the process themselves and come out of the otherside... But anyways trader interview are always interesting.

I would definitely agree that anyone not in the profession claiming to know how to become one needs caution.

This is quoted from the front page:

"About Student 2 Trader

This website has been built on quality research from information provided by industry professionals. In the form of interviews & discussions with traders; some of which have been published on this site, and others developed in to informative articles. We do not claim to be providing this information from our own knowledge base, instead of that which they have discovered from those currently active traders.

The purpose of the site is to build a network of passionate students, with the same career goals, who may share the information, skills and knowledge and assist others on the same journey.

We suggest you be skeptical to all claims by many resources, including Student 2 Trader. Take from this website what you wish, and ignore what you disagree with.

We by no means wish to 'claim to know exactly what it takes' - instead they are doing there best to find out, and share that that information with the student community.

Thank you for checking out Student 2 Trader"