liquid capital

Im going to apply there tomorrow, I stumbled across their site after reading some news about them, they look like they are traders that know their s***. I hope they dont require a degree!

To apply and be successful you have to know their business/firm in and out. With that comes knowing one or two people, at the very least, already working for the firm. Not stumbling across their wwwsite.

To apply and be successful you have to know their business/firm in and out.

I do have a pretty good idea about what they do after reading their 3 different sites, reading different news articles about them and scouring all the message board across the web. I also got a hold of their recruitment PDF which i found very helpful

I didn't just stumble across them, read their home page and decide i wanted a job. that would be stupid.

Unfortunately for me however, I don't know anyone that works there. Do you seriously suggest that I cant ever work there till i know someone on the inside?

edit:
p.s. I haven't put my resume in yet

hi guys, can I ask what the two preliminary SHL online tests are like? Are they SHL numerical and SHL inductive reasoning? After that the group test session is coming?

naked shorts, u need a degree. full stop.
either finance, engineering, actuarial, mathematics or something similar.

naked shorts, u need a degree. full stop.
either finance, engineering, actuarial, mathematics or something similar.

Hi, what is full stop? By the way, the very first two tests are SHL online tests (numerical + inductive reasoning), right? And then comes the group testing session (with the music on), correct? And then the trading game? what is trading game like? Many thanks

i mean, u need to have a degree. they will take a look at ur resume and if u don't have one it will be put it straight in the trash.

Well do you have industry experience?

nope, no experience what so ever, i was in a totally different career, think it was the success i demonstrated in my last career i think that got me through but it just goes to show that you dont need a degree because having a degree does not guarantee you will be a successful trader.

tb29

nope, no experience what so ever, i was in a totally different career, think it was the success i demonstrated in my last career i think that got me through but it just goes to show that you dont need a degree because having a degree does not guarantee you will be a successful trader.

tb29

So you had no trading experience, you don't have a degree (let alone a degree related to finance), you've never even worked in the finance industry and you were invited into the third stage of recruitment?

I don't think I'm the only one who doesn't believe you.

Also, this is not a discussion about whether you need a degree to be a successful trader, its about what you need to get into Liquid Capital.

So you had no trading experience, you don't have a degree (let alone a degree related to finance), you've never even worked in the finance industry and you were invited into the third stage of recruitment?

Also, this is not a discussion about whether you need a degree to be a successful trader, its about what you need to get into Liquid Capital.

How fast do you need to be for the very first stage for the SHL tests?

Dear

Further to Liquid Capital''s email, I am inviting you to log on to the SHL Solutions website at SHL Login in order to complete one or more assessments, which should be completed by 31/01/2009.

that was my invitation email for the first test..........just to show you that i dont need to lie.........and what has having a degree, finance experience and trading experience got to do with being a successful trader? it dont mean nothing, it is all down to previous success and what you have achieved so far that demonstrate whether you have the aptitude to do well in trading.......

and yes i know what this discussion is about, i was merely stating a point, but either way you don't need a degree.....not in the uk office anyway, dont know how the aussie office works.

tb29

and what has having a degree, finance experience and trading experience got to do with being a successful trader? it dont mean nothing, it is all down to previous success and what you have achieved so far that demonstrate whether you have the aptitude to do well in trading.......

Having some kind of finance/trading degree/experience shows the potential employer you have had a taste of the field and you want some more. It shows them you wont be quitting because "its not what you expected". It shows them you know what you're getting yourself into. I would never employ someone if they didnt have a fundamental understanding of the work they would be undertaking.

hy guys i received an email about 2 shl test? Is anybody done those and after how long they let u if u're invited for the group interview...thanks bye

Having some kind of finance/trading degree/experience shows the potential employer you have had a taste of the field and you want some more. It shows them you wont be quitting because "its not what you expected". It shows them you know what you're getting yourself into. I would never employ someone if they didnt have a fundamental understanding of the work they would be undertaking.

true.........

shl test

i dont have a degree and i got invited for the group test!

hi i got invited for taking the shl test could u give me some feedbackabout the 2 test u've already done and if they replied in short time poeriod to invite you for a group interview please?

hi i got invited for taking the shl test could u give me some feedbackabout the 2 test u've already done and if they replied in short time poeriod to invite you for a group interview please?

I guess even you can pass the two tests, you may not be invited for interview. After you pass the test, they will look over your cv, your education, your experience...then they will decide who to bring for interview...