Keeping Britain British -Identity Crisis.

you really must stop attending those pointy-hat dinners, JT.

so, whats it like being an immigrant in Greenland?
bloody foreigners. comin' over 'ere. sleepin' wiv our wimmin. eatin' funny foods. send 'em back, I say.

I'm just reporting back on what i perceive to be the word on the street - whether it be old grannies in the bus station, middle aged men in a pub, kids playing soccer in the park etc.

I'm just reporting back on what i perceive to be the word on the street - whether it be old grannies in the bus station, middle aged men in a pub, kids playing soccer in the park etc.

Kids playing the park talk about immigration? hehe

Are you down with the kids JTrader?:LOL:

ok. for arguments sake, if their are "too many" foreigners, how many are "too many"?

what is the population of the UK?
what proportion are "foreigners"?
do you qualify "obvious" ethnic minorities, ie, blacks and asians, as opposed to "not obvious", such as white eastern europeans, eg polish, as foreigners? the response will be interesting, as many ethinic minorities have been here for at least 2 generations, and if they are deemed "foreign", I'm sorry, but this moves towards a racial component.

once you have that worked out, then decide what is the "correct" amount of people that should be allowed in Britain.

please bear in mind that that the UK relies in importing huge quantities of oil and resources to maintain our standard of living.
if the population had to survive ONLY on foods it could grow itself, and heat itself ONLY on national natural resources, the sustainable population would need to fall quite drastically. REALLY drastically.

I was watching a programme a couple of weeks ago where it was reported that many of the Eastern Europeans are now leaving and going back home. In particular, the Polish have started leaving and when asked why, they were saying that there are now too many immigrants in the UK. They even went on to say that the UK should stop immigration from other countries such as Romania and Bulgaria.

I could hardly believe what I was hearing, we now have immigrants complaining about too much immigration, what on Earth will be next.

Paul

I was watching a programme a couple of weeks ago where it was reported that many of the Eastern Europeans are now leaving and going back home. In particular, the Polish have started leaving and when asked why, they were saying that there are now too many immigrants in the UK. They even went on to say that the UK should stop immigration from other countries such as Romania and Bulgaria.

I could hardly believe what I was hearing, we now have immigrants complaining about too much immigration, what on Earth will be next.

Paul

Rubbish. The reason the Poles / other eastern european immigrants are leaving is mainly the following:

1. rising cost of living in UK, as such saving affected, hence less money to send back.
2. economy is picking up in eastern europe i.e more things to do
3. english football is cr@p

ok.. I made up the last one :)

Paul

Good points.

BTW, Some Eastern European countries are also among the most racist. Just ask any black pro footballer playing in Poland. In fact some western european countries like Austria and Germany are not short on racists.

Most people i over-hear talking about immigration are basically suggesting that there are far too many foreigners in the UK now.

Was that down at the Polish pub by any chance??

Rubbish. The reason the Poles / other eastern european immigrants are leaving is mainly the following:

1. rising cost of living in UK, as such saving affected, hence less money to send back.
2. economy is picking up in eastern europe i.e more things to do
3. english football is cr@p

ok.. I made up the last one :)

Exchange rates.

Despite reports that Poles are returning home, figures suggest that they are being replaced by others going abroad.

Preliminary data released by the Central Statistical Office in Poland (GUS) indicate that there are some two million Poles working abroad, at least half of whom in the UK and Ireland.

Polish migrants returning back to Poland are being replaced by families of those who decided to stay in the UK, leaving the number of Poles abroad unchanged, experts estimate.

According to Polish embassies, there are some 800,000 Polish citizens in the UK and some 250,000 in Ireland.

This confirms that the number of the Poles remains on the same level for over a year, as reported by Metro daily.

The data has surprised many as for several months now there has been reports of a massive returns brought on by a slow down in the construction market in Ireland and due to the weak exchange rate of the pound sterling and euro.

Experts at the Centre for International Relations say, however, that the number of migrants remains unchanged because those who return to Poland are replaced by families members.

Data by the Polish embassy in London reveal that currently there are some 300,000 Poles registered working in the UK. The rest – some 500,000 people – are their spouses, children and even grandparents who are taking care of the kids. (jm)

Incidentally there are about 920,000 ex pats living in Spain at present.

My Polish grandad used to go on about "bloody foreigners"!

Having a good time in Greenland? Getting out and about, seeing the sights?

Unless you've gone and got Greenland mixed up with Iceland (the frozen nuggets store that is)

Didn't know they did internet access...

Someone removed my hilarious jokes about jtrader (which rhymes with paul dacre - coincidence? YOU decide!) or more specifically his silly views; and before they got to the punchline as well! Can only presume they were breaking some rule or other.

I only mention this so readers know they're missing some fine wit.

If you send back the foreigners, to claim Britishness back, who are you going to send away?

1. All of em?

2. Some of them:
a. Those who are unemployed or those earning above £5 or below?
b. Those who are council tenants, property owners, private tenants???
c. By religion, Hindu, Seikh, Muslim or Jew or even Roman Catholic ???
d. By region, Africa, Asia, America, Europe, Australia???
e. Those who are ill and frail, young and fit?
f. By job sector, nurses and doctors, plumbers and builders, self employed?
g. By colour?
h. Mixed marriages, half breed children?
i. Ability to speak Queens English?
j. Economic migrants or political asylum seekers?
k. Politicians of foreign blood and how many generations do we go back?
l. Will these apply to the Royal family and what will Queen Elizabeth have to say about it King Phillip?
m. How about international trade and foreign language speaking foreigners?
n. How about pilots who don't speak English, do we tell em to land and take off same day?
o. Do we permit visas for tourists and if so what length of time?
p. Who will replace all the nurses, doctors, sweepers and bus drivers?
q. What will you do if the BNP members refuse to accept sh1te salaries?
r. Do we get rid of Gordon Brown his Scottish isn't he?
s. Do we allow the bloody foreigners back in 1012 for the Olympics or having done all this hard work we keepem out altogether?
t. If we boot the lot of em out why do we take or buy their daft creations wasting our monies?
u. Alternatively, if they stop selling to us how do we go about obtaining their creations we really do like and want to buy?
v. Where do we go from here?
w. What happens to our ageing popullation who don't breed enough and those who breed like rabbits are the freaking **** end of the British spectrum who can't even speak the Queens English like?
x. What do we do if they close their borders to us and all the British who live in foreign lands? I mean do we take back the traitors or leave them to fend for them selves like we did in Zimbabwe?
y. Once we have claimed back the Island we can be all happy ever after again?
z. Sounds like a nice manifesto I've come up with. Who will vote for me? :cheesy:

You decide vote for Atilla and I will deliver you the promised Island!

Together we can make Britain, Great again... (y)

PS Does it matter if my tag name is Atilla? :confused:

they will be as tolerant as the villagers whose sunday mornings of worshipping pagan gods (for thousands of years) was upset by the peals of new-fangled middle-eastern Christianity church-bells.

people had been dying for "thousands of years" of cholera and typhoid until vaccines were developed; doesnt mean its a good thing.

The question is not who prays to the correct version of the invisible man, the current lot, the next lot or the lot that were here thousands of years ago.

My question is, how would the Cheshire Set, who consider themselves to be tolerant and are quick to condem others as racist, how would they react when faced with prospect of a mosque between the village post office and the cake shop ?

dd

The Govt considers US-style yellow school buses.

BBC NEWS | Politics | Review backs yellow school buses

Some people are busy worrying about "foreign" and "british identity", that they fail to see the creeping americanisation of britain:
US-style Supreme Court was touted
US-style nationwide FBI
US-style SATs for schools
now, US-style school buses.
my personal hate: baseball caps (Go Red Sox!!)

britain no longer has a real identity, and is merely america-lite.
throw away the union jack and just become one more nondescript star on the american flag.

The Govt considers US-style yellow school buses.

BBC NEWS | Politics | Review backs yellow school buses

Some people are busy worrying about "foreign" and "british identity", that they fail to see the creeping americanisation of britain:
US-style Supreme Court was touted
US-style nationwide FBI
US-style SATs for schools
now, US-style school buses.
my personal hate: baseball caps (Go Red Sox!!)

britain no longer has a real identity, and is merely america-lite.
throw away the union jack and just become one more nondescript star on the american flag.

Drive thru BurgerKing / McDonalds (y)
Kiss & Ride - my favourite :cheesy:

If it works let's be having it, is my opinion! :)