Is Mr Charts for real?

lets assume for one minute that mr charts is an average trader and that he makes a reasonable living from mentoring and teaching.

Question is what is the problem?

far too many members of this board see themselves as the forum police

Mr Charts has posted on this board for years, he does not come on and say its going up or down and then post I told ya so, he posts charts of trades with explainations as to why he took a particular trade, I also fail to see why T2W should not censor some of the comments directed at him this is after all a trading forum not facebook.

I also fail to see why T2W should not censor some of the comments directed at him this is after all a trading forum not facebook.

I have no idea if Mr Charts trades or not, but I see no reason why he cant do what he claims.

If someone is being abusive, then by all means delete the post, but censoring comments that question his performance, or methods, particularly in the absense of an audited track record puts t2w on decidedly dodgy ground in the event of problems which could arise in the future.

I'd probably also question the assumption that t2w is a trading forum, but thats another issue best left for another time and place.

Dc2000 you raise some valid points

lets assume for one minute that mr charts is an average trader and that he makes a reasonable living from mentoring and teaching.

ok lets assume that.

Question is what is the problem?

some people may not have a problem with it. personally I have paid money for 'education' in the past and have been burned in the past. I am not talking large sums but enough to make me wary. I therefore personally do have a problem with a trainer who derives most of their income from training and not trading.

far too many members of this board see themselves as the forum police

well this is just a discussion I am not policing anyone/anything. I just couldn't see how things stacked up.

Mr Charts has posted on this board for years

I know he has I have read a lot of his stuff. the fact that someone has posted for years is irrelevant imo. some people here post ****e for years, me included.

HTML:
he does not come on and say its going up or down and then post I told ya so

with respect this is factually incorrect. he does post trades he has made in the past and says you could have earned x$ if you did this.

HTML:
he posts charts of trades with explainations as to why he took a particular trade

yes he does and that's great. he also gives little teasers like 'this is only one of my methods' and makes it very clear that there are extra techniques on offer (for cash)

HTML:
I also fail to see why T2W should not censor some of the comments directed at him

everyone is accountable for their own posts, I can only speak for my posts and am sure I have said nothing out of order.

HTML:
this is after all a trading forum not facebook.

yeah this is a public forum so I think Mr. Charts is grown up enough to realise that what is said on a public forum shouldnt be taken personally. Like if someone calls me acorn dick or something I am not going to go and sulk, I am not going to take that personally that would be dumb.

I don't know what the truth is that's why I was interested in starting the discussion. Mr. Charts is a adult surely he will understand why these questions are raised, hell he may even come on this thread and explain it to all of us. He may come on and say yeah I make a good living from training I am also a profitable trader I just don't enjoy being glued to the screens all day, he may post a statement of proof. On the other hand it might turn out his edge isn't that great, he made good money for a while and then got cleaned out, realised there was more money in training and took that route. i dont know that's why I started the discussion.

yes he does and that's great. he also gives little teasers like 'this is only one of my methods' and makes it very clear that there are extra techniques on offer (for cash)

IMO: I have nothing personally against Mr.Charts and I don't follow his threads, but I would have good reason to doubt anyone who says they have a number of different methods to trading. It doesn't stack up with my own experience in trading and that of traders that I've read about. Once you have an edge and start making money you don't even think about deviating from it. It takes years and years to get to that level of proficiency so why, after all that effort, would you try another method?

IMO: I have nothing personally against Mr.Charts and I don't follow his threads, but I would have good reason to doubt anyone who says they have a number of different methods to trading. It doesn't stack up with my own experience in trading and that of traders that I've read about. Once you have an edge and start making money you don't even think about deviating from it. It takes years and years to get to that level of proficiency so why, after all that effort, would you try another method?

If he said that, what you say is a good argument. Why would one deviate from a good "edge"?

I totally agree with you, it takes so long to master one edge, I havn't managed it yet after 2 years trying, I have things I need to work on. For a trader to say they have 13 ways they trade does raise my doubts. I am not talking about having 2 or 3 techniques to cope with say ranging / trending markets or having a variations of set ups. Again for the naysayers I am not having a pop all I am saying is that a lot of red flags are there, a lot of confluence is there.

Anyone with any history on this site will appreciate the irony of what’s about to follow, but FFS…

Why pick on Charts?

If someone chooses to train people to trade; their motives, their skills, their results, their background and the level and degree of their experience is of interest only to them prior to the offer. It’s up to them to decide if they believe they have the necessary and if they want to offer it. If anyone chooses to use that person’s services, it’s then up to them to decide if they believe the individual offering the service has what they personally need and that they can deliver it appropriately. Have any of you ever had a business in the real world…? If not, that may be what’s lacking. An ability to understand the fundamentals that underlie ALL business. It’s very basic.

Whatever happened to due diligence?

If anyone on this thread is interested in taking training from the guy, then presumably they will ask around, talk to him, get some feedback etc. And ultimately, make a decision. Then, the most important part – take personal responsibility for the outcome.

There is currently so much utter bollox on this site (part of the reason I stay clear most of the time these days) about t2w failing to protect newbies or even worse, deliberately leading them into temptation. Sweet Jesus! If anyone is stupid enough to go off half-cocked then tough luck on them and well done the fleece merchants. Seriously. The last thing we as independent traders, intelligent individuals and savvy macho types need is more nanny state interventions based on assumptions of a complete and total lack of any commonsense in every individual.

There are stupid people around. Always have been and always will be. You’re trading against them most of the time. Do you feel bad when you take their money by making a profit? Did you check on their level of experience and intelligence before placing your trade that took their cash? Did you establish clearly that they knew what they were getting into and the potential risks involved? Did you ask your broker if they had ensured the counter-party was fully aware of the entire spectrum of possibilities before taking your trade?

Grow up.

T2w is a commercial trading website. It charges members NO FEES. It provides unparalleled facilities for those who wish to use them. All are free to come and go – visit or not as they wish.

It carries advertising. Well shoot the mutha’ fuggin bar stewards at dawn….

So does The Sun. So does FHM. So does the Economist. The Wall street Journal, Barrons and The Financial Times. So do virtually all periodicals you may choose to purchase in relation to your business and your interests. Do you whip off a complaint letter for every fuggin ad they carry? Do you ask them to confirm the credentials of every advertiser?

AFAIAA, t2w acts quickly on any indication that vendors may be breaching the t2w T&C or be in the larger business sense, a bit dodgy. They have to walk a fine line differentiating between genuinely dodgy businesses and aggrieved clients of said businesses who are aggrieved for absolutely no fault of the business itself. It’s a sensitive situation and deserves due consideration. Just like if another member pointed a finger at any one of you posting in this thread and accused you of some form of skulduggery – you’d want t2w to exercise due diligence in establishing the truth of the matter and not just automatically take other side’s view and hit you with an immediate and permanent ban. In this medium that takes time and is almost impossibly difficult to get right all of the time.

So, my advice (FWIW), check your posts over the last few weeks. Assess the number of useful trading related posts to the pointless fuggin t2w bashing, vendor bashing and lulz-only ones. Have a look at the ratio as that will give you a clue as to just how useful you are to everyone else on this site at this point in time. Then you can decide if you really want to be here any more.

If you don’t, fug off. Simples.

Last edited:
If he said that, what you say is a good argument.

There's no IF about it. He actually has it as part of his signature, and it appears on the bottom of every single post that he has ever made.

Is that conclusive enough for you ?

And for those who cant be arsed to verify this is true, here's chartsy's current signature

Mr. Charts
Full time US Share Trader

To see just one of the 13 techniques I trade for a living:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-s...g-markets.html

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/

There's no IF about it. He actually has it as part of his signature, and it appears on the bottom of every single post that he has ever made.

And for those who cant be arsed to verify this is true, here's chartsy's current signature

Mr. Charts

T2W Book: Trading FAQs | Trade2Win

T2W interview

Home | Trade2Win

I'm not the one arguing, I'm agreeing that NT has a good argument. What's the matter with you?

Mr. Charts

T2W Book: Trading FAQs | Trade2Win

T2W interview

Home | Trade2Win

I'm not the one arguing, I'm agreeing that NT has a good argument. What's the matter with you? Are you like that in real life?

I could not care less how many techniques Richard has but he is more interesting than you, which would not be too difficult for him, I suppose.

HTML:
 Have any of you ever had a business in the real world…?

yes I have run my own FSA regulated business (not trading) for 12 years, made a profit every year. public forum, genuine discussion. in the words of scouse. jog.

HTML:
 Have any of you ever had a business in the real world…?

yes I have run my own FSA regulated business (not trading) for 12 years, made a profit every year. public forum, genuine discussion. in the words of scouse. jog.
Then what was your intent in starting this thread? Sounds to me like this could be the due diligence I was talking about, but perhaps using the Devil's Advocate approach it came across as muck-raking for the sake of it. I’m glad you’ve cleared that one up.

If you feel you could benefit from some training then contact him directly and see how it works out.

There's absolutely nothing for you to be embarrassed about. We all start at the beginning and your identification of gaps that you need to fill before starting off is very sensible.

You’ve always got your 12 year (all profitable) FSA regulated (non-trading) business to fall back on.

HTML:
Then what was your intent in starting this thread? Sounds to me like this could be the due diligence I was talking about

you are correct on this one, just a bit of due diligence via open discussion all part of the learning process. sometimes it's not enough to know what works it also helps to confirm what doesnt work. I do have a hatred towards trainers who cant trade and this is a product of my own experience to date so there was a an element of 'outing'.