Is Mr Charts for real?

If you knew that your coach/mentor couldn't trade it would make it very difficult to have confidence in any methods that they try to teach you.

Indeed. I can well remember a time when I couldnt make money, and noone I knew (including quite a few well known vendors) could make money either.

It was only at the point when I met someone who could demonstrate a profitable method that I was able to make progress. I think I've said this before, the irony was that this profitable trader may not have been profitable at all, and I was too dumb to know the difference, between a genuine edge and random change.

The important thing however is that my thinking changed from "it cant be done" to "it can be done", and so it was done :LOL:

Anyone who has any doubts about Mr Charts should offer to pay a fee to watch him trade in real time (refundable in the event of a non profitable session). If I where an evil vendor then these days I couldnt offer such a thing cos on any given day I'm as likely to lose as win, and watching would be as dull as dishwater. However, Mr Charts entries and exits are razor sharp, with barely a losing trade, so watching would be more entertaining I would imagine, and the punter able to assess the validity of the methods fairly quickly.

I would suggest that the psychological benefits of verifying for yourself that a method has merit would be worth its weight in gold, and easily worth paying a few quid for.

if I ever blow up and lose all my money I am going to be a coacher/trainer. Still might even do it if all by trading itches are scratched and too much time on my hands.

I know a guy who knows a guy that can get you bull5hit certificates proving you are the dogs bo11ox

I wud just b honest. If i blown up, I'd be like - yeah, I blew up... but I got further than you are now, and can tell you what not to do. I would know what to look for as bad signs.

I know a guy who knows a guy that can get you bull5hit certificates proving you are the dogs bo11ox

Can you get me one of them la? ;)

About MrCharts, is he the real deal or not? Who knows. He must have some customers around here that can vouch for him? You'd think so after all these years coaching. Anyway, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. He seems like a genuine guy to me and I consider myself a good judge of character.

There always seems to be the question - "Why would a profitable trader teach?". Why not? Just because they make money trading doesn't mean have to make a fortune, and even if they do make a fortune trading, maybe they have a lifestyle that requires it. It's like saying "why would the Dragon's want to invest in a new business, they have loads of money already!". The way I see it, is that vending/coaching is an easy business (in relation to most businesses), it would provide an additional income and if you enjoy as well then why not?

Sam.

Can you get me one of them la? ;)

About MrCharts, is he the real deal or not? Who knows. He must have some customers around here that can vouch for him? You'd think so after all these years coaching. .

I can vouch for him! But who can vouch for me?

I spoke to him for a while before taking the course, he sent me a bunch of stuff for free and never at any point did he offer the course to me. We traded emails, he sent me stuff and I heard enough where I decided to take the plunge. It was me that asked him about the course.

We did the course over a few days, it is what got me into Tape Reading. After the course, we kept in touch and there were a couple of times where we'd pretty much taken the same trade (he logs his trades after the event).

The best thing to do, if you were considering his course would be to get on the phone with him and have a chat. If it sounds like nonsense, stop right there.

He charges £210 a month for alerts. That's like writing a monthly option without any risk of the buyer exercising it per user of his alerts.

Is that so hard to understand, then, why he decided to teach?

I spoke to him for a while before taking the course, he sent me a bunch of stuff for free and never at any point did he offer the course to me. We traded emails, he sent me stuff and I heard enough where I decided to take the plunge. It was me that asked him about the course.

We did the course over a few days, it is what got me into Tape Reading. After the course, we kept in touch and there were a couple of times where we'd pretty much taken the same trade (he logs his trades after the event).

The best thing to do, if you were considering his course would be to get on the phone with him and have a chat. If it sounds like nonsense, stop right there.

"This is a service designed for educational purposes only and is not advice to buy/sell/short at any time whatsoever and no such advice will be implied or given"

So he is giving educational lessons and live watchlist alerts but no live calls , well you cant tell from this that he is a successful trader at all , you need statements or live calls and for a good time , "after the event" setups doesn't mean anything nor the live watchlist alerts , someone could be very knowledgeable and know many trading techniques but he cant make a dime in the market , and someone could have a simple knowledge on the market but his voice is louder and he could make a fortune from trading on the pit ...

Well Tar - here's the thing.

I used to look at Mr C's site after hours and quite often he'd taken the same trades as me.

Of all the thousands of stocks, we'd managed to focus on the same one's and get in at the same time. Part of the selection process is scanning in real time for opportunities. Once that time has passed, there's no way to retrospectively see what the scanner would have pulled up at any specific time.

As such, from my perspective, I don't need account statements to see he was walking the walk so to speak.

Well Tar - here's the thing.

I used to look at Mr C's site after hours and quite often he'd taken the same trades as me.

Of all the thousands of stocks, we'd managed to focus on the same one's and get in at the same time. Part of the selection process is scanning in real time for opportunities. Once that time has passed, there's no way to retrospectively see what the scanner would have pulled up at any specific time.

As such, from my perspective, I don't need account statements to see he was walking the walk so to speak.

Yeah Of course he could be real he is trading for decades for God sake , not the point , in general if i may , one needs to see a track record or live calls to know if any vendor is successful or not other than that it could be just knowledge and setups after the event .

another reason i think why certain traders teach is that trading is pretty lonesome and the day / in day out grind must be so boring, its just you and a pc.

Any chance to interact with real people must mean a lot to someone who has been at it for over 10yrs.

One way to stop all the naysayers would be some premarket calls on a journal with a timestamp to end this discussion once and for all.

So far I have only seen one person do this successfully:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/122150-short-term-stock-trading-us-markets.html

I'll vouch for you Pete! But who can vouch for me? (Remind me again - what was the discount you offered me on your Jigsaw software?)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Many of the questions raised about vendors posted in this thread are examined at length in this FAQ: Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course? Anyone who's not read it and is considering any kind of coaching - or just wants to be up to speed on all the pros and cons of coaches and mentors etc. is likely to find it instructive. As ever, if there are any omissions, inconsistencies or inaccuracies - please post them on the FAQ thread - or PM me and I'll make any necessary amendments.
Tim.

There always seems to be the question - "Why would a profitable trader teach?".

There's an even better question. Why doesn't warrent buffet come teach you how to trade. None of us has doubts he can trade, on a long term basis. So it would only be logical he should set up a coaching site and join up with some nazi box guy out of the goodness of his heart just to be kind to you.

There's an even better question. Why doesn't warrent buffet come teach you how to trade. None of us has doubts he can trade, on a long term basis. So it would only be logical he should set up a coaching site and join up with some nazi box guy out of the goodness of his heart just to be kind to you.

Sigh...

Warren Buffet buys whole companies and turns them around.

He could teach you how to do that but unless you have a few billion, it's hardly going to do you any good now, is it?