Mr Charts' Course

peugots

Does anyone have an informed view on how good Mr Charts course is? I took it myself several years ago but I didn't really have the mentality to trade over such a short term frame so I developed my own style of trading. What I would like to know is of those who decided to persevere with this methodology, how many became successful?

regards,

peugots

Pessimistic mod's note: It would make a refreshing change if responses to this question were pertinent and informed by actual experience of the course. Off-topic discussion of the person running said course is not particularly welcome. Cheers.

frugi said:
Pessimistic mod's note: It would make a refreshing change if responses to this question were pertinent and informed by actual experience of the course. Off-topic discussion of the person running said course is not particularly welcome. Cheers.

Hi Frugi

Just noticed that the "reviews" section on seminars is gone, only includes books, films, software etc or has this been moved somewhere else?

Cheers

frugi said:
:)
Excellent moderation Frugi!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In the 'Reviews' part of the site there used to be a section where anyone who had attended any course could post their comments and rate the course for such things as value for money, how beneficial it was and the quality of the course materials etc. I posted a review of my 1-2-1 with Richard there - but now I can't find it!? If my memory serves me correctly, it was possible to access this from the home page. Currently, one can access reviews of books, films, brokers and all sorts from here, but not reviews of trainers? It's an obvious and useful port of call for peugots and others wanting to know the views of past attendees of such courses. Apologies in advance if the answer to this is blindingly obvious to everyone but me; my 'saga moments' are on the increase!
Tim.

frugi said:

Hi Frugi,

Mr Charts is obviously advertising on T2W and I assume it's only reasonable that you don't want people to go too personal about him.

But then he will only choose T2W to advertise when there's a sizeable audiene. And this depends on your policy to allow open discussion?!

By the way, I attended one of his courses organised by Clickevents and it was quite good. He learnt a lot from what he said the best traders in New York and passed on lots of usefull tactics and info. But I am only interested in the FTSE and UK shares so what I learnt is not being applied now.

hungvir said:
Hi Frugi,

Mr Charts is obviously advertising on T2W and I assume it's only reasonable that you don't want people to go too personal about him.

But then he will only choose T2W to advertise when there's a sizeable audiene. And this depends on your policy to allow open discussion?!

hung,

Mr Charts has no special privileges as an advertiser.

Open discussion is fine, personal abuse is not. Experience shows that threads such as this have a habit of descending into what amounts to personal abuse from people who, very often, have no direct experience of the subject. Frugi was merely sounding a warning note.

cheers

jon

What a strange question Peugots

You've taken the course, it didn't suit you and you have now developed a trading style with a longer time frame. Why do you care about whether it worked for others? Are you thinking of going on it again? What makes you think Richards style of trading will be more appropriate for you now you know more about yourself as a trader?

Or do you still wonder "Why couldn't I make a success of short term trading? Perhaps the course was rubbish. It would certainly make me feel better about myself if I could participate in a thread with other people who couldn't become short term traders simply by attending Richard's course"

As you've been in this business a few years you've worked out that no course will make someone a trader though there are many courses which may help. In the end we all, as individuals have to do the work ourselves.

Best regards

Gareth

barjon said:
hung,

Open discussion is fine, personal abuse is not. Experience shows that threads such as this have a habit of descending into what amounts to personal abuse from people who, very often, have no direct experience of the subject. Frugi was merely sounding a warning note.

cheers

jon

Thanks, Jon. It's good to know for sure that no special treatment intended.

Best,

Hung

barjon said:
hung,

jon
Thats absolute rubbish.

My threads were removed and I was told not to put in any references to my Company etc.

Mr Charts posts were all advertisements and he was tolerated much more than others were without a shadow of a doubt.

i.e. Here's one I did earlier

Mr Charts US Trader and Coach

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
Thats absolute rubbish.

My threads were removed and I was told not to put in any references to my Company etc.

Mr Charts posts were all advertisements and he was tolerated much more than others were without a shadow of a doubt.

i.e. Here's one I did earlier

Mr Charts US Trader and Coach

JonnyT

i guess mr C used to pay up as a sponsor. so he can type what he likes and advertise all he likes.

JonnyT said:
..................Thats absolute rubbish...................

JonnyT

Thanks, Jonny :)

I don't want to divert from the topic - maybe this should be picked up in some other thread if people want to explore it - but it's not rubbish.

We have denied any direct "advertising" type content to posts - www. signatures for example - and try to edit them out where they appear. There is also the thought that members would like to know if posters also offer some service or another in order that they can take that into account when reading their posts. It was felt the the addition of "US trader and coach" made Mr Charts' position clear without directly advertising his service.

Finding the balance is one of those things currently under consideration - it may be that we should add "advertiser" under a members nick, for example, to make the position clear to members.

cheers

jon

I have just had a lovely pm from Mr Charts which I think is in keeping with his chartacter. I remember vividly when meeting him three years ago he didnt seem to have any unpleasant side to him at all. I should perhaps say that whilst I never use his strategy it did make me think quite hard about price patterns and he makes his students take trading very seriously indeed. That alone justifies his fee even though I found his actual method too quick for me at the time.

Garethb your response was quite strange. I ask a question and you ask a dozen back :)

Anyway all the best.

PS If a discussion about Mr Charts methodology ensues may I ask that it be done in a factual and respectful manner. Hes a caring, respectful fellow (a lifelong dentist in fact) and surely deserves the same in return.

Last edited:
Peugots

It just seemed such an utterly pointless thread for someone who had already been on his course to start. But as long as you are finding out something useful I've no problem

Regards,

Gareth

peugots said:
I have just had a lovely pm from Mr Charts which I think is in keeping with his chartacter. I remember vividly when meeting him three years ago he didnt seem to have any unpleasant side to him at all. I should perhaps say that whilst I never use his strategy it did make me think quite hard about price patterns and he makes his students take trading very seriously indeed. That alone justifies his fee even though I found his actual method too quick for me at the time.

Garethb your response was quite strange. I ask a question and you ask a dozen back :)

Anyway all the best.

PS If a discussion about Mr Charts methodology ensues may I ask that it be done in a factual and respectful manner. Hes a caring, respectful fellow (a lifelong dentist in fact) and surely deserves the same in return.
Hi Peugots,

I did Mr. Charts course. Not the full course. But just the Level II micro analysis one. It turned out to be the best thing I ever did. It made me 100% more profitable. All the information is in Level II. I didn't do the full course because I already knew what I was looking for, but I just needed a little more finetuning. Richard turned out to be a really nice guy. We still have contact over e-mail. And I can always ask him questions about anything I learned. I know a couple of people that did the full course. And they all say it's worth it 100%.

-Dave.