Ignore the dissers

Status
Not open for further replies.
FoMo,
Comments in blue from this post.

Unfortunately you have picked on a comment which was explained in more detail on a previous comment in this thread. I do agree T2W does it best to welcome all new members - its just then a small proportion of its members who let you down good and proper when the new members start new threads etc - and you end up having to tidy them up
As I said, generally speaking there is no smoke without fire.

You had once 11k+ viewers etc online in early 2013 and from what I gather the site maybe flourised between 2006 and 2010 with high numbers etc etc. It started to decline way before I joined and I personally put that down to many of your members who have been here for over 5+ yr plus . They seem to think a trading forum should be mainly for taking the wee wee and looking for the Lulz rather than discussing proper retail trading - not commercial investing etc etc
There are many reasons for the decline, most of which have little or nothing to do with existing or past members and everything to do with the rapidly changing face of social media. If the decline in members and their participation was unique to T2W, I'd give greater credence to your views. However, with few exceptions, the decline experienced by T2W is in line not just with other trading forums, but with most other online community forums across the board.

Why would anyone join a trading forum and have nothing to ask??
Any number of reasons. Most basic questions are covered in detail in the FAQs and stickies. Those that aren't are - often as not - addressed elsewhere on the site and it's then a matter of finding them. Having said the above, I quite understand that the concept of not posting unless one has something new to say or ask (that's not been said or asked a hundred times before) is a concept that's completely alien to you!
:LOL:

I notice suddenly members who have been reportably joined here 3 yrs or even 5 yrs ago suddenly make a comment or two - might these be just multi nics who have registered 10 - 20 names to use after they are banned ??
No idea, I'm not a Mod. That's for them to decide and take action when and where they deem appropriate. If you (or anyone else) thinks a member is a multi nic or is in breach of the Community Constitution in any other way, please use the red flag 'Report Post' facility to bring the post to the Mod's attention.

T2w always had a good name for it openness and wanting to expose crooks and sharks etc etc - but its ended up with every new member who might have some knowledge being accused of being a fake vendor or up to something no good.
That may be your perception, but it certainly isn't mine.

So yes - you and the staff might do an excellent job on the initial welcome part with good advice etc (that's also debatable) - but then its just the "lambs let out to be slaughtered" - by just a small number of multi nic members who want to ruin it for all.
Any good advice that's 'debateable' - feel free to debate it. The only way the official content can improve is if members offer constructive criticism. This means pointing out any mistakes or inadequacies and then, most importantly, outlining what needs to be said or done to improve the FAQ or Sticky etc.

I totally agree with you here - I knew the word "expert" would inflame and annoy the many average traders here - ie the red rag to the bull . . .
. . . That's why I did it - I wanted to see how good the dissers and old school were - and with the exception of maybe a few - I have been disappointed

To me, this reads like a confession to being a troll. Deliberately annoying and inflaming other members is a sure fire way to get your posts reported to the Mods which is then liable to result in some sort of an infraction.

The trouble is - I am a retail FX trading expert - you have to be to make money every day whilst appearing laid back and commenting live in a thread. So far only Major Magnum as found it how good I really am - and his true results might now shut a few moaners up - and he still has a lot to learn - but he knows it and carries on working hard and making the commitment - even whilst other members question him and also his statements
What Major Magnum may or may not do has zero bearing on the content of your posts and your behaviour. Speaking personally, that you continually deflect attention towards him when someone asks you a direct question about how you trade is just one of many reasons to suspect that you aren't quite as expert as you'd like us all to believe.

Its just not good enough - still maybe if I can over this next few months teach a few other members who are committed - then I might be looked upon in a different light - after all after advising personally Sir Richard Branson in 1986/7 on two of his successful business ventures - I surely must have some skills ;-)
Without doubt, you have many skills FoMo. Whether or not any of them are trading related is a matter for debate and for each member to decide for themselves.
Tim.

I notice suddenly members who have been reportably joined here 3 yrs or even 5 yrs ago suddenly make a comment or two - might these be just multi nics who have registered 10 - 20 names to use after they are banned ??

No idea, I'm not a Mod. That's for them to decide and take action when and where they deem appropriate. If you (or anyone else) thinks a member is a multi nic or is in breach of the Community Constitution in any other way, please use the red flag 'Report Post' facility to bring the post to the Mod's attention.

T2w always had a good name for it openness and wanting to expose crooks and sharks etc etc - but its ended up with every new member who might have some knowledge being accused of being a fake vendor or up to something no good.
That may be your perception, but it certainly isn't mine.

Tim.

One of the objections that I have given for thread trashing, and it has been a sore point with me and mentioned several times over the years, is that it is my belief that it frightens other would be posters off.

Posters, who may have something more interesting to say than the endless twaddle of threadbashers, simply, do not want to be picked at in this way. It astounds me to go away for a few hours and, on my return, find that several pages of this bilge has blocked up the point of a whole thread.

F is correct in that the bashers consist of a small group and we all know who they are--there is no need to mention names. I have, often, heard that expression from you "Don't ask me, I'm not a mod". It is an easy way out!

When F came on, nearly rwo years ago, I defended him. Do I follow, or understand him? No.

So I leave him alone. Is Major Magnum another of his names? I do not know and care less.

I do respect him, though, because he's had the guts to stay put which is more than can be said for many, unfortunately.

Then why have forums ?! Its called a discussion forum for a reason .

so why not leave it at discussion...........this is a discussion post below is it ?:confused:

sorry but the post link has now been removed by moderators so I cannot show it here

discussion is one thing but simple insult swapping is another ....lets just keep it civil guys going forward .....mea culpa as well at times so point accepted

N

Last edited:
Hey guys anyone disagrees with us is a disser naysayer troll thread basher jealous failed inexperienced trader multi-nic negative childish member !

Last edited:
Hey guys anyone disagrees with us is a disser naysayer troll thread basher jealous failed inexperienced trader multi-nic childish member !

allrighty then ...........:whistling

so why not leave it at discussion...........this is a discussion post below is it ?:confused:

sorry but the post link has now been removed by moderators so I cannot show it here

discussion is one thing but simple insult swapping is another ....lets just keep it civil guys

N

OK report insults fair enough , I see mods are doing a great job deleting posts and threads that may contain some insults against F .

Do you want me to quote F when he called other members here half inch SST .. etc ?

Last edited:
OK report insults fair enough , I see mods are doing a great job deleting posts and threads that which may contain some insults against F .

Do you want me to quote F when he called other members here half inch SST .. etc ?

If insults are to de deleted immediately then surely all posts by Fomo need to be examined also, as my intelligence is being insulted daily

discussion is one thing but simple insult swapping is another ....lets just keep it civil guys going forward .....mea culpa as well at times so point accepted

N

I think I can help there N
Disclaimer:- If you are of a nervous disposition / easily offended / lack a sense of humour / are a highly opinionated sensitive soul / or a limp wink in general.. Then please,,,, please,,,, do not click the links! Dont click em! Seriously!:clover: :love:

dis
dat
d ova

Note:- Be careful not to accidentally hit the flag button if liking this post. Has happened quite a lot today.

OK report insults fair enough , I see mods are doing a great job deleting posts and threads that may contain some insults against F .

Thats nothin! I was referred to in this analology as:-
Darktone and C_V have been representatives of Goldman Sachs
in this post!
Thats frickin fighting talk where I come from!!

If insults are to de deleted immediately then surely all posts by Fomo need to be examined also, as my intelligence is being insulted daily

ROFLMAO

Brilliant

If I was handing out prizes top spot would be between this comment and Darktones sheep pictures

You guys should be in comedy

Pathetic answer

Come on Tar - up you game - you guys are just not in the same game

Discussions do not involve members called Disser - who was obviously a multi nic telling me in good old anglo saxon language to try and do something I cannot do to myself - twice!!!

OK the moderators have done their job and credit to them - but members who's only objective is to swear and insult and "diss" other members - no matter how much they disagree with them - should not be allowed to participate.

This is supposed to be an adult grown up forum - ie members should be allowed to disagree as much as they like - everyone's got an opinion - but when it just ends up as slanging matches - there will only every be one winner - thats the majority of members and people who are sensible who express their views properly.

I like a laugh as much as the next person - I have been laughing at Darktone's comments - they are funny - and Trade2windows - he too has been funny - but this should be kept to "off the grid" threads - not in a serious main discussion topic - ie the totally unhelpful negative members who are putting off so many other members from participating.

Most members do not want slanging matches and arguing - I have no problem - I could argue all day long - but i dont because it basically out of order.

I suggest the group of "certain members" another member has mentioned should re- look at themselves and admit they are so wrong - so often

I appreciate it might not happen - but all what will happen is they will lose the arguement against me and some other members they have insulted

Understand ?

That's good

Good trading and have a good week

Regards

F

Pathetic answer

Come on Tar - up you game - you guys are just not in the same game

Discussions do not involve members called Disser - who was obviously a multi nic telling me in good old anglo saxon language to try and do something I cannot do to myself - twice!!!

OK the moderators have done their job and credit to them - but members who's only objective is to swear and insult and "diss" other members - no matter how much they disagree with them - should not be allowed to participate.

This is supposed to be an adult grown up forum - ie members should be allowed to disagree as much as they like - everyone's got an opinion - but when it just ends up as slanging matches - there will only every be one winner - thats the majority of members and people who are sensible who express their views properly.

I like a laugh as much as the next person - I have been laughing at Darktone's comments - they are funny - and Trade2windows - he too has been funny - but this should be kept to "off the grid" threads - not in a serious main discussion topic - ie the totally unhelpful negative members who are putting off so many other members from participating.

Most members do not want slanging matches and arguing - I have no problem - I could argue all day long - but i dont because it basically out of order.

I suggest the group of "certain members" another member has mentioned should re- look at themselves and admit they are so wrong - so often

I appreciate it might not happen - but all what will happen is they will lose the arguement against me and some other members they have insulted

Understand ?

That's good

Good trading and have a good week

Regards

F

FoMo,

------------

-----------------------------------------

Without doubt, you have many skills FoMo. Whether or not any of them are trading related is a matter for debate and for each member to decide for themselves.
Tim.

Hi Tim

Are you also a politician ?

These two comments in your last reply are really "sitting on the fence" stuff - and said very diplomatically.

I will give you and T2W enormous credit by allowing this thread by NVP - "Ignore the dissers" to stay in the forums's reception - first steps section rather than being in the "off the grid" section.

Well Done N - as Tim says - my trading skills are a matter for debate and for each member to decide themselves

Now its going to be so easy

Thank you

Regards

F

It doesn't matter who has posted something that is against site rules, if it is reported and contravenes the rules then it is dealt with and that has included posts made by FXMO that were reported. We don't have time to check every thread.

I've been sitting on the sidelines for some time however;I am compelled to speak out as this is an important issue. The slow decay, as many have pointed out, has a direct relationship with the administration of the site. Sorry mods but the buck does unfortunately stop with you in this regard. You are the ones that have ultimate control over content and access.

The site policy needs to be modernised to accommodate the issues being discussed. People that bash threads need to raise their concerns for moderators to review. If the issue being raised is for a vendor, then it should fall within a different set of rules to protect people from scams. If the issue being raised is for a normal member and:

- it is based on anything other than direct insults or something potentially criminal

Then it should be dismissed and the person reporting it needs to understand that any attempt to interrupt that thread will be dealt with a thread ban. If bashing continues outside the thread the that person needs to go through the levels of banning necessary to ensure the problem is nipped. This might seem unfair to some but can you honestly believe your opinion of someone constitutes a problem?

People need to realise this is a place for everyone and not for the select few that believe themselves to be judge and jury. If you have a problem with someone then be the better person and ignore it. I know this is almost impossible for some of you but you need to respect others as you'd expect yourself.

This is a place for everyone and unless you were raised in isolation, you'd know that the world is full of different characters. Accept it and deal with it. Winging and destroying someone's thread is immature and ignorance of the variety that exists everywhere in nature. If it isn't affecting you in any way then why go out of your way to destroy something. Man up and deal with it intelligently instead of reverting to caveman intellect. I apologise upfront if this hits a nerve and you find it offensive. This is not my intention. I am merely raising the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.