How much do you guys drink

Cool clear water every time.

In fact distilled water to remove the chlorine, aluminium sulphate etc. Every 2 gallons treated tap water leaves a foul smelling brown gudge at the bottom of the tank. The aluminium rots your brain , goodness only knows what a regular intake of chlorine does ?

I used to drink two cans of beer per day but decided to cut it out in an effort to keep the weight down. I'm not obese but had those few kilos too much. Now, I only drink at Christmas and birthdays. My family put it on the table, otherwise I would not. I dislike water and do not touch soft drinks, The alternative is difficult, especially with the heat we get here, in summer. I've found Vichy Catalan to be a good alternative. A "quicky" hot drink, for me, is Nescaf'e. which is quicker to prepare than tea.

My advice to younger people is, knock off the booze. Alcohol is as bad as tobacco.

I expect some joking answers but I am serious about this.

Does anyone remember that film " The days of Wine and Roses"? Jack Lemon. My wife was a non-drinker and she started on rum and oranges, when we were married, because I liked it. Soon, an occasional drink came to buyibg a bottle of rum a week with the shopping. It's easy and sneaks up on you. One day, I said, " "You know what? Let's cut this out." We went off spirits altogether.

Up until recently, 4 bottles of red per week.

I was always aware of the inflammation promoting properties of alcohol, but I recently read articles regarding the leakage of gut bacteria into the bloodstream as a result of even moderate consumption. Since then I've cut back to no more than 1 bottle per week(I've actually had less than that however).

I'm 26, and tbh I don't want to be 20 years down the line and regret what is very likely a damaging habit which has undone my otherwise very clean lifestyle. In fact, once my current stock has been exhausted, I very likely won't be consuming any more full stop.

As an additional thought, my three kids are practically, non-drinkers and do not smoke, at all. Its a question of example.

By far and away the major cause of disease (and not just cv disease) is inflammation. It's unquestionable that alcohol is hugely inflammatory.

What's that Atilla? You concede?

:LOL:

By far and away the major cause of disease (and not just cv disease) is inflammation. It's unquestionable that alcohol is hugely inflammatory.

What's that Atilla? You concede?

Errmm is it good Arthritis mi Lord

All in moderation.

Nothing quite like a glass of wine with a pipe full of hash and slippers sitting by the warm glow of a fire in the depths of winter.

Addenda: Not something I've experienced by the way. I'm working up to it :cheesy:

Nothing quite like a glass of wine with a pipe full of hash and slippers sitting by the warm glow of a fire in the depths of winter.

So what you're telling us is that you're going to die (albeit happily at the time by the sounds of it) in a house fire, whilst simultaneously having a heart attack and suffering from lung cancer.

You brought it all on yourself mate:p

So what you're telling us is that you're going to die in a house fire, whilst simultaneously having a heart attack and suffering from lung cancer.

You brought it all on yourself mate:p

Wow that's dark. Hang on just a minute... :LOL:

All things in good moderation.

I've had my checkups and BP, Cholestrol and Diabetes within normal range.

Only issue I have is with joints and just bordering on over-weight. Wine and Cannabis are good for both. Honest... :cool:

Wow that's dark. Hang on just a minute... :LOL:

All things in good moderation.

I've had my checkups and BP, Cholestrol and Diabetes within normal range.

Only issue I have is with joints and just bordering on over-weight. Wine and Cannabis are good for both. Honest... :cool:

What issues with your joints? Trouble rolling? Choice of paper?:LOL:

Oh god no! Now we're going to go back into that legalise drugs thing again. dohhhh.......

I have very low cholesterol and a pill a day keeps my BP down. :)

Have you seen the studies linking bp medication to falls in the elderly? They found no overall cut in the death rates because people are toppling over (ie falls) left right and center as a result of several side effect of the meds.

One of my grandparents, in her 80's, is on them. She's had two falls in two years and broken two wrists. She has no arthritis or joint problems and is otherwise fit and healthy. Of course, she now now stricken with anxiety over becoming 'old' and infirm. She's believes the falls and dizziness are a function of her age. They most likely not. She won't walk far or go out alone much anymore. Next time it might be a head first fall, or a broken hip and that'll be that.

What better, a few points on top of the bp reading, and an active and anxiety free old age, or what my Gran has!? Of course side effects will vary from individual to individual, but studies show this issue is widespread.

The doc likely doesn't want to lose his incentive payments for prescribing and my parents can't be arsed to rock the boat and say anything. These drugs are a bit of a scandal if you ask me(actually, the monitoring of their use ia the issue). It must also cost the NHS £££'s.

What about you SL? Any of that sound familiar?

Last edited:
Have you seen the studies linking bp medication to falls in the elderly? They found no overall cut in the death rates because people are toppling over left right and center as a side effect of the meds (ie falls).

One of my grandparents, in her 80's, is on them. She's had two falls in two years and broken two wrists. She has no arthritis or joint problems and is otherwise fit and healthy. Of course, she now now stricken with anxiety over becoming 'old' and infirm. She's believes the falls and dizziness are a function of her age. They most likely not. She won't walk far or go out alone much anymore. Next time it might be a head first fall, or a broken hip and that'll be that.

What better, a few points on top of the bp reading, and an active and anxiety free old age, or what my Gran has!? Of course side effects will vary from individual to individual, but studies show this issue is widespread.

The doc likely doesn't want to lose his incentive payments for prescribing and my parents can't be arsed to rock the boat and say anything. These drugs are a bit of a scandal if you ask me(actually, the monitoring of their use ia the issue). It must also cost the NHS £££'s.

What about you SL? Any of that sound familiar?

Yep side effects of drugs for sure - dizziness.

However, high BP and diabetes can cause dizziness too. Also check ears and eyes. Glaucoma is also a possibility with age.

My aunty fell and broke her some bones lost mobility and went from a busy body to being bed bound. Departed few years later.

Trick is to keep legs active. Bodies strength is much derived from the legs upwards. Keep moving. Don't stop...

I read somewhere that the average person drinks too little liquid. I think about 2 litres per day is a minimum, but not alchohol.

Friend's daughter went to Uni a few years ago and came back boasting she was drinking 16 pints of beer a night. Too much. She was beginning to look like a male rugby player + beer gut.

I read somewhere that the average person drinks too little liquid. I think about 2 litres per day is a minimum, but not alchohol.

Friend's daughter went to Uni a few years ago and came back boasting she was drinking 16 pints of beer a night. Too much. She was beginning to look like a male rugby player + beer gut.

Are you sure that was too much? :LOL:

I have been very fortunate with beer drinking. One too many and I have to be sick.