Drinking while trading...

"Wahey, look at that baby go!"

"Hang about, why am I getting blue tickets all over my screen"

"Bugger"

I have been told I'll be fined if I bring any more full pint glasses back to the office.

I don't think it would be appropriate for me to comment in any more detail about that.

On the other hand I strongly recommend trading a baby spreadbetting account when drunk. It's great fun and I think the results will make you a better sober trader in the same way I will never trust a philosopher who hasn't taken strong psychidelics... You'll learn a lot about your unconcious trading mind... Can't exactly loose much either although I did reduce an account to forty five quid which took a bit of building back up again...

what about trading on some pcp lol, or some ketamine for that matter

Ouch.

Gecko I think it would be negotiable. I'd probably prefer the grand unless it had been a pint of duval in which case all bets are off.

I found myself having a lil' glass of wine with my lunch last week as I had cooked a nice fillet of salmon and there was a bottle already opened. Would have been a shame if I didn't. I leave the drinks to when I go bar hopping at teh weekend though.

I'll have a social pint with lunch on a Friday, but nothing much happens on a Friday afternoon in my line of work. Rugby players tend to get their fill of boozing done at the weekends though, so I don't really feel any need to drink at any other time!

Off topic but anyone else play?

Back row myself although i have popped up everywhere from 1 to 15 (except 10)

Beer goggle trades?

Look good when you do them but when you wake up in the morning you think "what the hell is that thing!"

There's been a few times when i worked in an office when you come back a bit tipsy(!) and have a go in a few things, but since we worked in pairs the other guy would normally suggest leaving the keyboard alone and going back to the pub...

Look good when you do them but when you wake up in the morning you think "what the hell is that thing!"

There's been a few times when i worked in an office when you come back a bit tipsy(!) and have a go in a few things, but since we worked in pairs the other guy would normally suggest leaving the keyboard alone and going back to the pub...

Sounds like an interesting job!

During the trading day I stick to this:

Prozac.jpg

:D

there used to be a pub in munich where the prices of different drinks changed according to demand. Helles beer and tequila shots were always ridiculously expensive, but when you've had a few already, you don't care. I guess the only problem was running out of cash. That, and not being able to short anything ;)

I love my beer, I love my glass of wine and I especially I love a social drink at the local pub, AFTER I HAVE FINISHED WORK AND TRADING FOR THE DAY

there used to be a pub in munich where the prices of different drinks changed according to demand. Helles beer and tequila shots were always ridiculously expensive, but when you've had a few already, you don't care. I guess the only problem was running out of cash. That, and not being able to short anything ;)

They do that at some oxbridge union. My mates made some scummy drink the most expensive.

I wonder if you could sell it back?

just come back from pub, going to be doing some trading now, will let you know how it goes :)

We had a Stock Exchange bar at St Andrews every once in a while... all it meant was that you drank just about every spirit on offer over the course of the evening... "four of whatever's cheapest please".

Drink + TRade

As long as you see the charts correctly, keep Mr JD's company! :)

Due to an invasion of MrG's humble home by offshore rellies over the NY hols, today I have found myself re-arranging furniture back to where it belongs / changing bedclothes / and so on... combined with the fact that it was snowing overnight - as a relatively inexperienced driver I made the decision I would'nt drive anywhere, so...

... I find myself with a JD and coke in the afternoon - a very rare occurance.

So I began to wonder - do any of you guys drink during the working day? I am not talking about going on the lash, but a Glass of wine with lunch? GnT at 4? Vodka + Red Bull for breakfast? Bloody mary's out of boredom??

As a rule I am very diligent about drinking at work - I won't touch a drop until I am done for the day, end of. Of course there have been exceptions, but I'm pretty sensible about it the vast majority of time. Anybody else have a different perspective?

And, in the interest of conversation, anyone got some horror stories of when they had a drop too much??