Here's another one

thanks robber, much appreciated..

im concerned about the quality of FX data available anyway.. its getting to the point where i have to use various sources to confirm results...

only problem is, i only have one source of intraday data. which doesnt help in the slightest.

2nd trade this week was stopped out for -200.

stopping and reversing would have added +100 to that.

so +36 from 2 trades thus far... not so bad...

next trade at 2pm today.

FC

dont be disheartened, FC.

probably better that you have hard-trading runs first, rather than lots of big wins.
stops traders from expecting too much, and make them realise this isnt easy.

if its any consolation, ( although I am paper-trading ), £-trader had 2 consecutive max losses 0f -200 each.
On the laws of averages, perhaps I should money-trade the next signal !!

keep posting. ( if you find better data-service, let us know )

ah, im not disheartened by these results as yet

(you should see my FTSE shorts :eek: !!)

have been looking at various other methods of fading breakouts on daily bars. looks quite promising at the moment.. especially when employing some "averaging-in" of positions...

hmm..

are you readying yourself, FC ?

chances are you will be going LONG ?
but the 1.8930 mark appears to be resistance going back to mid-Jan. ( hit 5 times since mid-Jan. Including y'day / today !! )
lower part of range has been 1.8500, hit 3 times.

I know I am thinking again, but unless there is strong reason to suspect breach of resistance, wouldnt a judicious SHORT be more opportunistic ( with a target around 1.8550 ) ?

I know how you just love counter-trend stuff !!

and longs are away at 1.8925..

and lo and behold, a comedy spike downwards...:)

another week is underway.

FC

Talking about FX data, I am having a free trial from Paritech (EOD)
I was suprised that there was no volume information is this normal with FX data?

correct kagi,

because the data is usually source from several banks. at best the info is "indicative", and also there is no available volume..

have to find other ways to find exhaustion points of moves ;)

FetteredChinos said:
correct kagi,

because the data is usually source from several banks. at best the info is "indicative", and also there is no available volume..

have to find other ways to find exhaustion points of moves ;)

FC... I back trading again after a years absence due to a new business.

Looking at your posts with interest, but the divergence between your FX data and Johnny T's seems to be large. 10-15 ticks on occasion.

What is the source of your data?

ah, welcome back Kimm. I was wondering what had happened to you.. things alright ?? hope the new business is coming along well. i sent you a mail to your aol address a while back..

anyway, i am using the data from the FIN - RUS website..

http://www.fin-rus.com/analysis/export/_eng_/default.asp

i know the data is a bit patchy in places.. then again, i have had a look at a few other sources, and there are noticable variations in all of them..

such is the nature of forex, i guess..

anyway. i look fwd to your posts, they are always thought provoking.

good trading,

FC

erm last 2 live trades have been +236 and -200 for a total of +36.

current trade is +60 and due to close out tonight.

performing as expected at the moment.. :)

rule ?

FetteredChinos said:
erm last 2 live trades have been +236 and -200 for a total of +36.

current trade is +60 and due to close out tonight.

performing as expected at the moment.. :)

Hi FC, thanks for the reply. Are we still using 1 weeks period rule to close or 2 weeks ? Thank you in advance.

just the one week.. trade entry is tuesday, closing the following monday.

will be fwd testing this for a few more weeks at least.

i gather the original sibkiss and other variants have been having a rough time lately?

FetteredChinos said:
i gather the original sibkiss and other variants have been having a rough time lately?
Very much so, I gather. I think 2004 was their only real "year of glory", whereas this one of yours has apparently stood up to far more extensive back-testing.

emphasis on "apparently"

dodgy data notwithstanding...

;)

the problem with sibkiss is that it wasnt/isnt dynamic..

as long as you are trend following and set a profit target further away than your stop, you should be profitable.

part of the problem (s) with the original method was that waiting for a 50pt entry trigger can erode most of the profits...

fc

FetteredChinos said:
emphasis on "apparently"

dodgy data notwithstanding...

;)

the problem with sibkiss is that it wasnt/isnt dynamic..

as long as you are trend following and set a profit target further away than your stop, you should be profitable.

part of the problem (s) with the original method was that waiting for a 50pt entry trigger can erode most of the profits...

fc

FC, do you think it's better to be dynamic or not ? Some try to make original SIBKIS dynamic using ATR, what do you think of it ?

erm atr is a fair enough starting point...and one of the better ones you can use...

but, as i mentioned before. if you are buying high, selling low, you have to be fairly confident that the trend is going to continue.....

okey dokey... 3rd trade now exited..

closing price 1.8961 for a +36 profit..

which makes +72 from 3 trades thus far. 2 wins.

next trade kicks-off at 2pm today... :)

FetteredChinos said:
okey dokey... 3rd trade now exited..

closing price 1.8961 for a +36 profit..

which makes +72 from 3 trades thus far. 2 wins.

next trade kicks-off at 2pm today... :)

Hi FC, seems to be a LONG position isn't it ?

in all likelihood, but there are still 5 hours to go til we take our entry, and i have wiped out my account in less time than that ;)