Here's another one

Hi,

Got another quick Q - FC, whats the max drawdown you've seen on this version where you close on the mon? The spreadsheet closes on the fri so would be interested to see how the figures change.

Thanks

David

max drawdown i think was approx 800 pips when closing on the monday. which isnt too bad for a weekly swinging strategy...

this week is looking ok. funny how i can pick the weeks i dont trade....

FC, Although I didn't trade this, fortunately, I think I'm right in saying the sys was stopped out yesterday for minus 200. Last weeks entry seemed to be subject to whipsawing still going on from 1330 news. If the entry had been delayed by 15-30 mins this whipsawing would have finished and i think a short may have been signalled, not certain on that. Was wondering if it may be worth looking at a different entry time of say 1415- 1430 GMT/BST, to see if this improves things. Sorry, I don't have the knowledge to do this myself.
Cheers, hampy

yup stopped out for -200 this week.

looks like a chose a good week not to trade it.

current score is now negative from 7 trades.

hmm.

FetteredChinos said:
this week is looking ok. funny how i can pick the weeks i dont trade....
Nah - It's just cause and effect.

If you trade your forecast, the market moves one way; if you don't trade it, it moves the other. Simple really. The trick is to pretend you're trading when you're not, and not when you are - that way you fool it into believing you are when you're not and you're not when you are - the market that is - and BINGO. :eek:

Take care not to fool yourself though ;)

Looks like it got stopped out again this week - seems to be having a rough time of it at the moment but like any system its gonna have good and bad periods. FC, what return did you get over the 4 years you tested it for cable with closing on the mon?

9,000 points i believe.. plus another 3,000 when stopping and reversing.

i think the spreadsheet is on page 2 or 3 of this thread

FC,

Was just looking at the "nasdaq daily breakout" thread and yourself and JohnnyT were saying about using futures data rather than daily data to test with? Is this the case with FX as well or as the cash is open 24 hours on FX, the issue that effect the index futures dont effect FX?

hi FC,

are you monitoring your system this week? are the times offset by 1 hour?

dd, correct. the 24 hour spot market can be traded quite easily. and hence using futures data doesnt really matter.

trendie, since i havent been able to divert much time to it this week, then it is having to take a back seat,

however - since the strat is based upon the first 6 hours movement from the UK session open at 8am, then i suppose it makes sense to use BST to base the trades..

It's very quiet inhere.Anyone still trading or monitoring this system and how is it doing?

If this has gone anything like SIBKIS then those who were trading it are history.