Here's another one

well and truly kofta'd there fella.

still, as Granny Smith used to say, 4 pips is better than no pips..

+116 at the moment for the system as published..still short until 9pm tonight...

not bad for 3 days work...:)

im beginning to wish i had held onto my 2nd short from friday afternoon as i missed out on another 100 pips..

still, +100 from mechanical, and +150 from discretionary trades over the past week.

cant really complain..

did you ever get a chance to evaluate BunnyGirls 50-pips a day strategy ?
( I think she posts on the "other side" ( MoneyTec ) )

now trendie, you know how i am with moving averages!!!

not had a serious look at it, but from the initial reads of that thread, it seems that a lot of people cannot get it to work, whilst she clearly can.

seems a bit too discretionary for my liking..

in the meantime, i am looking into frequent reversal times on the fx markets

and also trying to remove biro from my arm.

have you tried doing the equivalent of your DOW 70pt S&R on forex?

you seem to be getting reasonable-ish results from it. perhaps testing on fx would be an idea?

FC

FetteredChinos said:
have you tried doing the equivalent of your DOW 70pt S&R on forex?

you seem to be getting reasonable-ish results from it. perhaps testing on fx would be an idea?

FC

That idea is being evaluated in my secret Area-51testing facility.

i see. ive got my radiation suit on standby in case you are ever ready to release your findings.

Can any one recomend a data feed for FX eod. either paid for or free
thanks

Last edited:
FetteredChinos said:
from the initial reads of that thread, it seems that a lot of people cannot get it to work, whilst she clearly can. seems a bit too discretionary for my liking..
All very fair comment indeed. BG is clearly a good and experienced trader. The "system" is almost entirely discretionary, as she's the first to agree. Still, apparently a few people over there have been misled (by the presence of a MA crossover as one of the many signals discretionarily used) into thinking otherwise.

almost there, FC ( 1.8621/24 )

pips; how do you count them ?

if you trade 1.8700 and close out at 1.8600, its 100 pips.

if you had 2 contracts running, would you count that as 200 pips profit ?
( or, what I beleive, it is still 100 pips, irrespective of contract number )

no, i count the difference between entry and exit, regardless of size. so short from 1.8808 to 1.8608 is 200 pips.

only going in at £5 a point, but hey, looking good at the moment...

right.. trade 1 of the experiment closed at 1.8572 for a total of 236 pips.

next trade to be taken at 2pm today...:)

FC, i see you reverse at the profit target. Do you also stop & reverse as per the original SIBKIS?