Here's another one

no chow...

whilst it is profitable.. it only added about 1000 points in backtesting.. didnt seem to justify the risk/reward..

i find that SAR can whip you around like a beggar. and in terms of trade psychology, reversing, and then only seeing the trade come back to where it was originally is quite soul-destroying..

just my opinion, thats all. if you want to SAR as per the original SIBKISS, then you will find it profitable..

FC

Thanks for the clarification pal. Agreed on the R/R. Took the trade with you last week, a great start. Roll on 2pm.

Got a bit scary on the payroll spike didnt it!! :)

still, lets see if it is more stable than the original sibkiss..

did that get stopped out twice for -200?

..added some spice for sure ;)

Not sure about the original SIB drawdown, i wouldn't be surprised.

blimey..cable testing 1.8500 now...

looks ripe for a midday reversal, if you ask me.. (speculative long 1.8516. stop 1.8470, target 1.8600)

(can you tell i have been looking at reversal points and times??)

is that why you chose 2pm, as entry time ?
to get past the midday reversal, in case it triggered the S/R too soon ?

clever stuff, FC.

indeedly. do.

although the midday-ish reversal (ive only tested on hourly bars) seems to work best when viewing the movement between the previous 9pm close..

just blindly fading the move each day between 9pm the day before and midday GMT could have yielded approx 6000 points over 4 years.

am looking into seeing if this could be made into a properly workable strat.

if only i was this dedicated at work...

(sigh)

:)

FC

FetteredChinos said:
hmm, looks as though it is making a solid attempt to put us in a long position at 2pm.....

You mean I shouldnt have gone SHORT at 1.8545? :(

who knows...:) ?

depends where your stop is..

1.8580 is first resistance, by the looks of things.. then the obvious 1.8600...

im just waiting to see where we end up (plus also long from 1.8516 :) )

fc

FC,

are you getting your data from Finam Russian Brokerage CompanyDataExport ??

are their data-times 2 hours BEHIND us ?

their times are 3 hours ahead...

ie the bar beginning at 1600 actually begins at 1300GMT.. as i am using the close of the bar, that equates to 1400 GMT.

similarly, the 2300 close is the bar beginning at 2000 GMT and closing at 2100 GMT.

thats what i am lead to believe, and having eyeballed the charts, that seems to back up my thoughts.

FC

...8am 8556, 2pm 8548, so short...hmmm might be in on a loser this week but that's the strat.

indeed CC.

lets start praying.. cant see it not retracing even slighlty over the next few days.

ah well. fingers crossed. gotta trade the plan.

FC

Good luck with it, guys. Something slightly "random" about it this week, somehow, with all that activity between 9.45 and 12.15 ... (... and maybe we'll now be rangebound between 8510 and 8580 for quite a while anyway ...).

FC, big congrats on that first trade, Nice to start a new systemwith such a whooper.

Ive now got the coding for testing you ideas in metatrader but I only have data back to jan 04. Good news is my results seem pretty close to yours however the bad news is that the guy who did the coding has tested it himself prior to 2004 is not good.

Will post more info as I can but it will probably be the weekend at best before I can.

Im still with the original SIBKIS this week. Shorts triggered at about 0630 this morning at 18538 s currently sitting atbBreak even.

Neil

thanks for testing this Robber.. i guess the only way to find out is to actually test the fella..

is he closing on the Monday rather than the friday?? that seems to make a whole lot of difference to things..

do you have the link to the post on Moneytec (i presume it was there)

cheers

FC

FC, hi he didnt post anything on moneytec, the test expert was sent direct by email. All he said was that he had tested the system with his data. 2004 was fine but performance prior to that wasn't good.

For 2004 I have tested the system with either a friday OR a following monday close (and various other durations). It seemed to make little difference which duration I went for with a gross profit of 6000 - 7000 pips and a net profit of 4500 - 5000 pips.

Im a little uneasy about the variable results reported prior to 2003 and need to track down some 1hr data to extend my backtest.

Neil