FX Trading April 23 - April 27

Cable will

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just popped in to see the chart. i got to say that i feel like the worst narrow minded idiot around.

well, once offloaded, back to play with kid. good trading all.

j

Yeah even though I was short and have been stopped - this is like an abolutely awful GDP/PCE set of data and USD has not reacted as badly as could be expected

Conclusion: Still overbought.

By the way a Yard of Cable will definetely move the price. It doesnt have to move it the full range. It would probably move it 30-40 pips dependant on conditions but remember if this move then trips stops you then gather momentum which generates the rest of the move.

another 2 jpy shorts limited for 46 and 16pts on the spike. which makes it 100 + pt day already.

cable not so clever but i still think $2 is a good long term bet and so don't mind having it for a while and there still might be some profit taking later. The spike didn't activate the higher cable sell orders.

euro activated sell at 1.3676 so relaxed about being the right side of the 1.3650 long term set up another bull trap at 1. 3700ish.

Phil Mibbutz said:
Short from 995-ish looks tempting, but slightly worried that if it breaks 2 again it'll shoot up by another 50. Indecision rules OK.

... One of my theories was right! Short now, but ready to abandon ship if it heads north by more than 20.

this morning I had a target of 20068
seemed a bit optimistic this morning
but we may just get there

hornblower said:
this morning I had a target of 20068
seemed a bit optimistic this morning
but we may just get there

First class...HB

Here I go again. (wasn't that a song?)

Bought GBPUSD at 2.0024

SL at 1.9995

hmm my stop went in that 3rd prod , to be fair, looking at my favourate chart, im looking to get short again :) but its still long and has been since 1.9884 . Now to comfort myself on my previous short attempt and whilst waiting for the signal to drop in proper , I'm having a cold sausage and mustard butty. mmmm

This is one of those days. I'm going to get hit every which way. But it's not the day "its me" I'm buying at the tops and selling at the bottoms.

Some wise old trader once told me "buy low" and "sell high" I just misheard him.

hornblower said:
cable just seems to have run out of steam closed long
short @20023

there was a notable pin-bar (doji) on the 30-mins.
but then went sideways -but not above nose point.

I will resist shorting if it drops below "nose" ( or is "eyes" ) at 2.0010, lest I jinx it for you.

The Pearl Fisher said:
This is one of those days. I'm going to get hit every which way. But it's not the day "its me" I'm buying at the tops and selling at the bottoms.

Some wise old trader once told me "buy low" and "sell high" I just misheard him.

I am afraid the I am one of those traders

Cable has given some 50pps on the last short, thats me done for the week. It has been a good performance as for Friday.

2be said:
Cable has given some 50pps on the last short, thats me done for the week. It has been a good performance as for Friday.

Hi guys,

Busy day this morning and given my break from two losing trades yesterday morning I'm absolutlely shocked to read all your blogs and the market moves just in the last 10 minutes.

I was thinking of shorting at around 1.9930-35 (honest) area, but didn't. On the 3min charts saw H&S. Before I could make a call it started sinking and then I thought it has got to bounce.

However, I'm deciding to stay out as looking at the reversals it's too much for the old ticker...

Good luck to all you brave traders...

My Grandson has arrived form school ,and is starving , so i better start tea
closed short @ 971 +52 pts
just wondering where the big boys want to be ,for the start of next week
have a good weekend all

its amazing what a few hours makes. Scooped up a 36 more points on euro as they limited out and squared out cable as i didn't want to hold over weekend. put some short orders higher up on cable and euro in case they bounce back up

long and small short yen again at 119.70.

To all traders who made some gains today. Excellent. You have my fullest admiration.

To all those who didn’t remember this, “there is always somebody worse off than yourself.” And that somebody is me. I got stuffed. I couldn’t even go for a pee today without it costing me an arm and a leg.

OH well such is trading. Until Monday then.