FX Trading April 23 - April 27

Cable will

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hit target and long confirmation just wait for the entry at 951 now if it dont come by 1:30 Im outta here till Monday

how do people know which way spreadbetters are trading? i could do with that info.

morning session has been buys so far. got 19 pts on euro out at 1.3635 and 31pts on cable out at 1.9981.

yen still sulking in the red zone. at least its not going up anymore. friday is usually profit taking day so looking for something to move this afternoon or monday

Cable has a number of big stops above 1.9995. Which, if hit could see the pair go for launch. Or this area could be protected.

And I'll be going for a long lunch...

Last edited:
trendie said:
with about 10 mins to go to end of the current 30-min bar on GBPUSD:
a very small 30-min bar after two big up-strokes. ( pull-back back into the down-move ? )

well, maybe not. :rolleyes:

looks like a great short 1.9996, short already 1.9986, stop 2.0026 it cant pump any higher , err can it :)

thats the crappy thing about trend-following; getting skewered on reversals.
I can almost cope with ranges, but reversals!

not a good start to my start week of full-timing it.
think I will go shopping and spend next weeks profits.

Last edited:
Short from 995-ish looks tempting, but slightly worried that if it breaks 2 again it'll shoot up by another 50. Indecision rules OK.

Bear in mind that HSBC pays out its quaterly dividend of $4.1B on May 10 and the sterling conversion of a proportion of it has been fixed for Monday. Given they have an international shareholder base and that some UK investors will prefer a scrip, my guess is that there'll be about $1B+ cable buy to be carried out. We're seeing some front running of that order today, and may see it continue through till Monday.

I really should have posted this message this morning shouldn't I? Sorry !

Glenbuck said:
Bear in mind that HSBC pays out its quaterly dividend of $4.1B on May 10 and the sterling conversion of a proportion of it has been fixed for Monday. Given they have an international shareholder base and that some UK investors will prefer a scrip, my guess is that there'll be about $1B+ cable buy to be carried out. We're seeing some front running of that order today, and may see it continue through till Monday.

I really should have posted this message this morning shouldn't I? Sorry !

$1bn isn't going to move the currency market.

Taken another bit of profit at 015 (+104). As primarily a breakout trader, it's great to see the action on cable the last couple of days. This is how it used to be.....