FX-2007: Jan 29th > Feb 2nd

Howdy chaps just got back in from th'opital and had a go at a couple of longs with tight stops... got stopped out... now iin again long with stop at 75 (no reason for this here)

I think the tide has changed now for cable to rise, initially upto 9620 then I'll see, it may come back down to where it is now... I'd be happy if it gets to 9620 and then I'd be out anyway.

Now quick wash and back to see 'mini-me' for a few hours and leave 'er indoors' for the night shift! After all she's got the midwives ;)

Hope tomorrow's a bit more fruitful. Ciao

Offshore Trader said:
I wish I'd known Jacinto was going to be this accurate as I don't trade normally after 4. Short but as it doesn't look as it's going to go anywhere, I'll probably just take the small loss and have another go tomorrow unless we see a move in the next 30 minutes

well, so far only accurate about the consolidation im affraid, I did try to trade during the "estimated breakout time" and took a small loss. Too bad.

This consolidation at this level is not good to understand direction. Large monthly doji-spinning top that is an outside bar too, and we are sitting on the 50% fib of that precise bar. Unclear who has control.

Im affraid it will be a choppy couple of days. Hopefully I am wrong and we can get a move and a sense of direction prior to NFP .

good luck

j

Long at 46 on breakout s/l at break even, although i've rather missed the boat that DC and others were on yesterday. There seems to be lots of overnight movement on cable in the last month or so, which makes intraday breakout strategies weaker, although I find it easier to sleep at night not having any positions.

Long from 646 and stop at BE.

My thoughts exactly OT. Why can't our oriental/australaisian friends do what their supposed to and leave cable alone?

Got a confirmed long signal last night, so still holding long 592, should be good for min. 200 points over the next day or two. I would of thought a min. zone of 780-820 as a target.

I thought there might of been a chance of further long entries circa 580/590 this am, no cigar though.

still long here target the same timescale a little out looking for confirmation with a hit of 721

Went long again earlier, but set stop too tight and lost a few points. Now re-entered. Will it break 700?

Good long op's with cable trading mid 620's. Lets see if this beast rallies up from these levels.

made a few points 1st thing ,
and that been it for cable for today
I tend to trade 7 am to 4 pm
but its been a bit of a waste of time today
lets hope tomorrow is better

Yes another struggle today. I've had a short triggered so I hope we don't see a bounce in the next 20 minutes. Indeed a look below 9600 would be nice....

Offshore Trader said:
Yes another struggle today. I've had a short triggered so I hope we don't see a bounce in the next 20 minutes. Indeed a look below 9600 would be nice....

have to agree. im short from 41, and it is a nightmare. locked in 20 now. my target is 9570, but i will exit at 80. impossible to monitor this and childmind at the same time.

this is killing the open of the day, and it is a tough cookie. if it goes through, it will be interesting. good luck

j

edit: and out for +20. nightmare. til tomorrow.

Last edited:
Return to find cable stop triggered for another loss. Meanwhile, USD/JPY missed sell open order by 2pt, and that one would have been 40+ in profit, of course! Not a good day.

Afternoon all,
Fortunately VEBO Variant has had an ok run over the last few days. Nothing major but it's been putting away a few pips here and there. Was long overnight from 9620 odd and reversed short at 9645 which it is still holding.

Bit quiet at present though lots of "red" (as denoted in forex factory calendar) news coming up in the next few days including NFP on Friday so that'll shake things up a bit.

ATB

Short just above 9600 and stop at breakeven. Really need EUR/USD to move towards strong support around 1.2900 to put some serious downside in.

closed my long last night for a small profit but didn't go short :(

Good luck you lot.

Still targeting the upside DC?

ta

Offshore Trader said:
Short just above 9600 and stop at breakeven. Really need EUR/USD to move towards strong support around 1.2900 to put some serious downside in.

good call