FX-2007: Apr 08nd > Apr 13th

Where do you think we are heading this week

• 200 pips higher than last week

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hornblower said:
usd/ swiss
looks like its going to pop up again
I'm treating it as a fake. I expect EurUsd to strengthen back to it's highs and drag swissie stronger with it, and then I'll long the swissie.

from 4cast;

GBP longs who piled in on the tax-free repatriation story have taken some profits as the Treasury says that any change in the regime would be 'revenue neutral', but the other fundamentals reasons remain valid enough and we expect that bargain hunters will never be too far away

FX has been desperate so far this week, unless you are one of those who stays up all night. Currently have a system short position in Cable after breaking even on the long this morning. With Barnanke speaking later, it could be very quiet all day

Offshore Trader said:
FX has been desperate so far this week, unless you are one of those who stays up all night. Currently have a system short position in Cable after breaking even on the long this morning. With Barnanke speaking later, it could be very quiet all day

Agreed, with the Easter weekend, and lack of news, it's been one directional..... but the last half of the week we should see some movement.

The big squeeze... which way now? Well I'm long so hoping it'll go up!

Attachments

• Cable110407.JPG
    Cable110407.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 207
Expecting it to run to 1.98 where my plan is to exit at around that level. All very well and good saying this though, so I might just through the towel in shortly if it continues this performance.

TPF

bullish whilst holding above 746, holding from 615,726 , tell you what i'm gagging for that USDCHF to punch through 1.2150 on route towards 1.2000.

Just one trade this morning: short at 76 and covered on the spike down at 52.

EUR/JPY on the move again and has managed to break 160 but unfortunately without me on board.

afternoon. had late start. took an amazing BE trade on a cable long. and another amazing BE trade on EURjpy short.

The Pearl Fisher said:
Thrown the towel in, no profit in this trade. @ 1.9782 (+12)

TPF

Short on cable @ 1.9782

Bit of an experiment at the mo. I'm going driving with the 1min charts using MAs...

Atilla said:
Short on cable @ 1.9782

Bit of an experiment at the mo. I'm going driving with the 1min charts using MAs...

It's about as good a trade as anyone could make this afternoon in these conditions.

All the best with it.

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:
It's about as good a trade as anyone could make this afternoon in these conditions.

All the best with it.

TPF

Thanks TPF,

I'm watching 10m and 1min charts. Putting small bets but high frequency of trades. Prepared to lose a few bob just to see how it pans out...

Testing the charts literally...

My current positions are long on the USDJPY and Cable. Took the USDJPY position Friday march 30th! I entered the Cable position Monday afternoon. Currently I am up 175 pips on my long USDJPY position, and up 72 pips on my long Cable position.

I think I will be exiting these trades either today or tomorrow, but we will see.

pipper said:
My current positions are long on the USDJPY and Cable. Took the USDJPY position Friday march 30th! I entered the Cable position Monday afternoon. Currently I am up 175 pips on my long USDJPY position, and up 72 pips on my long Cable position.

I think I will be exiting these trades either today or tomorrow, but we will see.

Closed short at 1.9770 +12 pips.

Now watching 1 & 10 m oscillators for another quick entry and exit one way or another...

Atilla said:
Closed short at 1.9770 +12 pips.

Now watching 1 & 10 m oscillators for another quick entry and exit one way or another...

Interesting... On my 1min charts priced crossed my MA9 at 1.9771 which if following my system I should go long but didn't take it. Now I would close it at 1.9776 making another virtual theoretical +5 pips.