Forex MegaDroid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stu...

Did you notice that on those demo accounts, it was using M1 and M5 charts instead of the recommended H1? Very weird.

I asked their support department about that. Here's their reply:-

"Our robot works on any timeframes but we recommend use it [sic] on H1."

Found this site, http://www.forexmegadroiding.com/, this guy is gonna be testing out the bot to see what's up. And not just backtesting or some other bull**** but supposedly forward testing the thing on a live account. If this guy does good **** i'm signing up asap.

Anyone else do a full live test with this thing yet?

Oi Killjoy, where is the harm in spending peanuts ( £60-£70 ) on anything and playing with it ?

WGAF whether it works or not ?

If it does....yippee

If it doesn't, then get a frigging refund.

Simple

But why do you insist on dampening people's fun ?

Opportunity cost is a good reason. Whilst wasting time on this stuff, you aren't learning what you need to learn.

Potentially losing your shirt is another reason, especially when the risk isn't clear.

Haha where would be the fun in that? And anyway, it wouldn't be. That's more like what I was like in my earlier days here and people still only listened when I told them what they wanted to hear. So this way works better I think.QUOTE]

Whatever works for you! Can't say I didn' try!

Found this site, http://www.forexmegadroiding.com/, this guy is gonna be testing out the bot to see what's up. And not just backtesting or some other bull**** but supposedly forward testing the thing on a live account. If this guy does good **** i'm signing up asap.

Anyone else do a full live test with this thing yet?

Do you mean using real money? Don't be silly!

Opportunity cost is a good reason. Whilst wasting time on this stuff, you aren't learning what you need to learn.

Potentially losing your shirt is another reason, especially when the risk isn't clear.

I believe he will be trying out on a demo account first!

Thank you for the advice. I'll give it a go with Alpari and FXPro and post up the results when they come in. Please don't shoot the messenger if they show losses or don't achieve the 330% return as advertised on Megadroid's website! :D
Gee, why would I? Just post what you'll actually get. :)

I believe he will be trying out on a demo account first!

Exactly - hence my comment about opportunity cost.

Whilst wasting time on this, people could be doing something productive.

Searching for $69.99 grails with a $100,000,000 value is not a productive use of time in my opinion.

I have had 20 something trades so far on several demo accounts with MegaDroid. All of them where profitable.

Yesterday I started to use MegaDroid on my Alpari Uk Live account. It took 2 trades, both winners.

This EA is extremely hyped, but with 100% winners its not really alot more one could ask for so far.

Proof is in the pudding..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had 20 something trades so far on several demo accounts with MegaDroid. All of them where profitable.

Yesterday I started to use MegaDroid on my Alpari Uk Live account. It took 2 trades, both winners.

This EA is extremely hyped, but with 100% winners its not really alot more one could ask for so far.

Proof is in the pudding..

To see my mt4stats accounts, please check my blog:

FAP Turbo Guide - getting the most of automated forex trading

2 trades, both winners does not make a 100% winning system. If you think it does - you are talking out your a5s.

Show me 500 trades & a profit & I wil pay you homage.

I am also running Forex MegaDroid off my VPS on an I-TradeFX account. Three trades to date on it, all closed in profit:

i177894_FMDResults.png

I am also running Forex MegaDroid off my VPS on an I-TradeFX account. Three trades to date on it, all closed in profit:

i177894_FMDResults.png

Not one of those charts is running Megadroid or any other EA for that matter. If fact that version of Metatrader has the 'master switch' for all EAs switched off. How did you get Megadroid to open any trades?

Was 'blacking out' your account number something you did manually or something that was done automatically? I will start doing that from now on as I woudn't want just anyone getting hold of my demo account details and potentially running away with all my monopoly money...

Not one of those charts is running Megadroid or any other EA for that matter. If fact that version of Metatrader has the 'master switch' for all EAs switched off. How did you get Megadroid to open any trades?
This is a screenshot of the read-only/investor's access to my account. As I mentioned before, I don't run MegaDroid from my computer, but from a VPS. The reason for that is that I own a laptop which I often need to carry around with me, and therefore cannot run the EA from it 24/7. That's when a VPS gets handy - for some $35 a month you can get your EA running 24/7 off a VPS, while you just log in periodically in the read-only mode to watch the account's progress.

Was 'blacking out' your account number something you did manually or something that was done automatically? I will start doing that from now on as I woudn't want just anyone getting hold of my demo account details and potentially running away with all my monopoly money...
I did it manually in Adobe Photoshop.

This is a screenshot of the read-only/investor's access to my account. As I mentioned before, I don't run MegaDroid from my computer, but from a VPS. The reason for that is that I own a laptop which I often need to carry around with me, and therefore cannot run the EA from it 24/7. That's when a VPS gets handy - for some $35 a month you can get your EA running 24/7 off a VPS, while you just log in periodically in the read-only mode to watch the account's progress.

Thanks for clearing that up. There's a lot of people out there using VPS, I think some of them are a bit of a rip off myself, did you shop around for that deal, or was that provider recommended to you?

I did it manually in Adobe Photoshop.

Why?

Thanks for clearing that up. There's a lot of people out there using VPS, I think some of them are a bit of a rip off myself, did you shop around for that deal, or was that provider recommended to you?
Here's a list of them for you: Forex VPS Hosting, VPS for MetaTrader 4 Expert Advisors

Just didn't want anyone to tamper with my account, even though it's a demo. Maybe, it was really an excessive bit of caution on my part. :)

When testing these strategies on demo accounts do entry and exits cater for Bid and Ask prices or do they take the last traded price ? This is an important issue as it will have a big impact on the real profitability.

Paul

Trader333, this is exacly what I was thinking and I believe the back tester gets the last price traded.
There is another asian session scalping EA that is even more profitable than MegaDroid in backtests, that trades in EURGBP pair, but it seems that 2 weeks ago lost 92% of starting balance in on real account.... Maybe its because the back tester just take last price, and you know that EUR-GBP bid sk could be VERY WIDE during asian session...
Fortunately, I believe EUR-USD has only 2-3 pips of spread during asian session in my broker.

Status
Not open for further replies.