Forex MegaDroid Hits a Losing Streak

Bottom line is, the ones that work aren't openly marketed, whereas the ones that get marketed openly (and when I say 'openly' I'm including this infantile, lame-@ss crap on bulletin boards where people start threads claiming to want info when they in fact work for the company) are almost exclusively written and promoted by scammers who couldn't hack it in the real market.

Do people really think that the pros are going to market anything with a serious edge to the outside world? People who do simply have no idea how secretive the wholesale community is about proprietary ideas / strategies, be it the macro community, high frequency algo trading firms or whatever.

They certainly don't hire low paid click-wh0res to spam out their trategies on the internet. Believe me - I know what I'm talking about here.

Oh, and they don't call their systems stuff like 'pip raider', 'forex megadroid', 'fx pip enema' or whatever.

GJ

@everyone - Care to share with us the results of your reverse engineering of the Droid?

@Gamma - Whilst I don't doubt that you know what you are talking about here, are you entirely sure that "the pros are [never] going to market anything with a serious edge to the outside world"?

Jim

Jim - I reckon I'm on pretty solid ground with this one, particularly as it pertains to the original topic of this thread......

Hi Alex,

How you can you tell that equity curve was created by the Droid? It certainly doesn't look anything like the one Albert and John display on their website? It seems to show some losing trades for example.

It doesn't look a whole lot like my live Droid account come to that.

Jim

Hi zupcon,

Since you asked I dusted him off and ran a quick backtest over EUR/USD for 2009. Looks like he's still doing better than the Droid!

This one was done on Alpari UK build 225, and shows losing trades that didn't show on the original backtests which were done on build 220 if I remember right. Certainly requires further investigation!

Jim

Attachments

• GuruEx01-Oct09.gif
    GuruEx01-Oct09.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 223
I would be very disapointed if he wasnt better than 95% of the stuff out there :cool:

Hi Alex,

How you can you tell that equity curve was created by the Droid? It certainly doesn't look anything like the one Albert and John display on their website? It seems to show some losing trades for example.

It doesn't look a whole lot like my live Droid account come to that.

Jim
It's a continuous live update being posted by a MegaDroid user across several forums - not sure whether I can cross-link here, so just google up "forex megadroid forum" and you'll see quite a few other places where this EA is being discussed, then check the most recent posts with statements. I've been following this update for quite some time until it lived up to my expectations. Other forum members attest to the validity of the account and its statements - as a matter of fact, most of the time they are getting the same trades on their accounts as well.

Hi Alex,

Forgive me for asking the obvious question, but some of us here in the UK get a touch irate when people come over from the other side of the Atlantic and try to flog us snake oil.

Do you by any chance have any commercial interest in the web site and/or "product" you appear to be promoting?

If so I've got news for you. The FTC is out to get you.

Jim

Hi Breaks,

Guys, I would like to know if anyone is still having success with this software?

As luck would have it my long term Droid "forward test" is still running, and "he" does still seem to be making modest amounts of money. I still don't recommend anyone rushes out to waste their hard earned moolah on one of their own though:

Cheers,

Jim

Last edited by a moderator: